Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, labeck81 said:

Alec Lasley:

Right now Indiana sits at one commitment in the class of 2021 and that is with four-star center

. Though sitting at one commitment going into the end of October isn't great, it's also not something to worry about. With the early signing period coming up in just a few weeks, Indiana's class will have a lot more clarity in due time.

The big name is 

- who is set to make his college decision on Friday - and the two names that are being connected to him right now are Indiana and Purdue. Virginia, North Carolina and Indiana State make up his top-5, but the two power in-state programs are out in front of the pack.

There has been a lot of Purdue chatter behind the scenes of late, but Indiana has a lot of things on its side and at the end of the day, I think the Hoosiers win out in this race.

Considering that he had a prediction of Kaufman to IU and is still keeping his pick as of today is definitely positive. 

Sounds like the unanimous intel is IU/Purdue race with IU having a very slight edge.

Also, the fact that it’s still 100% on 247 and Rivals for IU leads me to believe less in the Purdue noise. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Info may not be accurate but I have heard the wind has not moved in a while the front has been stationary over Bloomington for a while. This seems to be consistent with the mood around the staff from what I hear

Yeah, weather reports.  Can't always get them right. 

5 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

Painter feeds Brian over at Rivals a lot of information and he ends up diving on the sword when he is wrong.  Its Brian at Rivals who is saying stuff via Painter. It has been happening for years.  

Appreciate the follow up. I don't venture there so have no clue about who Painter uses to disseminate information. Let's face it all coaches do but at some point (if TK does choose IU) it just makes those people and their product (Rivals) look more and more worthless.

2 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

So has anyone seen the tweet that was supposedly put out by Kaufman awhile back stating his decision might not be a popular one? That’s the one thing that bothers me if true.

That is when I started getting a bad vibe about him coming to IU.  I thought it would be UVA but I think it will be Purdue but hope I am totally wrong.

43 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I have followed both Sam Story and Chris for years.  They don't always get it right.  However, most often they do.  I am liking the way the winds are blowing now. 

Liking the way the winds are blowing now, based on what?  Based on the board’s change of attitude, or stuff you’ve heard?

2 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

So has anyone seen the tweet that was supposedly put out by Kaufman awhile back stating his decision might not be a popular one? That’s the one thing that bothers me if true.

I think he said a decison will never make everyone happy but with our fan base I would think we would be the most upset if choses elsewhere.

46 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I have followed both Sam Story and Chris for years.  They don't always get it right.  However, most often they do.  I am liking the way the winds are blowing now. 

That is good to here but what changed in the last two days.

Also on a personal note were you effected by all the fires in Colorado?  Also how was all the snow yesterday

58 minutes ago, MaroonRebel said:

USA news has IU and PU ranked the same in Physics. I know people keep saying how great PU is in academics. IU is also a good school for Physics. However, the IllinI kick both there butts. Love reading everyone's posts. Go Hoosiers! 

iu physics.png

Agree.  academics are a wash here.  I think people mistakenly think he was going to be an engineering major.  Will be interesting to see if he ends up being either as both are pretty rigorous given the time and travel requirements of the basketball program.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think the mood changed but not sure any info really changed. Maybe it did but not from what I am hearing.  Once again nothing from those close to Trey

I was just going by what Miles posted a few days ago saying he was hearing the winds were going toward Purdue.  After that it seemed like things changed around here and then the Purdue guys started saying they are hearing Purdue.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I was just going by what Miles posted a few days ago saying he was hearing the winds were going toward Purdue.  After that it seemed like things changed around here and then the Purdue guys started saying they are hearing Purdue.

like someone else said @CoachSSsaid his belief and that carries a lot of weight 

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

With all the mood changes on here the last few days makes me wonder if Trey and his family are laughing their butts off.  A lot of us are middle age men and getting worked up over where a 17 year old kid is going to school makes us look silly.

I've said this a couple of times...or ten.

Archived