Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I remember those days too....I was only in middle school then,(West Middle School to be exact), but still remember Jerry's impact in Martinsville at the time. On a side note, I briefly dated one of his cousins while I was in high school.

I played a fair amount of hoops with Sichting and the Mask boys at the M'ville City Park back in the seventies.  I think Sichting actually lived adjacent to the park, close to the court.

McHoop

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McHoop said:

I played a fair amount of hoops with Sichting and the Mask boys at the M'ville City Park back in the seventies.  I think Sichting actually lived adjacent to the park, close to the court.

McHoop

Yes he did. Walk out his back door 50 feet and you were on the basketball court.

Knew both Ken and Ron Mask.

37 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

The Nick guy already looking towards next year, tweeting out how he could see things play out with the roster as if Trey won’t be a part of it...so some people may think he’s all in on Trey to Purdue, but personally, I could see it just as he doesn’t really know where Trey is going and the tweet is just a big “IF” Trey doesn’t come to IU. Im hopeful there’s just a ton of smoke going on right now so that the surprise element is more present if/when he pops for IU. 

DA51262C-F49C-433A-B5E3-6A71350596F8.jpeg

Are we even favorites to land Mason Miller?

I thought we were behind there...

12 minutes ago, McHoop said:

McHoop

Ahhh, Yessss, the ol' NASH City Park....A lot of good memories there!!! That park hill was the BEST to go down for sledding. It was steep and long. The only problem was, it took too long to walk to the top on those wooden steps, that you were wore out and would only go down a few times....

55 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

The Nick guy already looking towards next year, tweeting out how he could see things play out with the roster as if Trey won’t be a part of it...so some people may think he’s all in on Trey to Purdue, but personally, I could see it just as he doesn’t really know where Trey is going and the tweet is just a big “IF” Trey doesn’t come to IU. Im hopeful there’s just a ton of smoke going on right now so that the surprise element is more present if/when he pops for IU. 

DA51262C-F49C-433A-B5E3-6A71350596F8.jpeg

In a previous post of his on twitter he mentioned Wesley being better than Kaufman.  To me you lose some credibility with that statement.  I firmly believe Kaufman is the best in state player for 2021, then Furst then Wesley.  If Lander had not reclassified to 2020, I'd have him slide in between Kaufman and Furst with the arguement that Lander could be better than Kaufman.

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Ahhh, Yessss, the ol' NASH City Park....A lot of good memories there!!! That park hill was the BEST to go down for sledding. It was steep and long. The only problem was, it took too long to walk to the top on those wooden steps, that you were wore out and would only go down a few times....

Funny how when school got called off because if snow, every kid in town could still make it to "The Park Hill." 

31 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes he did. Walk out his back door 50 feet and you were on the basketball court.

Knew both Ken and Ron Mask.

Yeah,  I also "knew" a few Martinsville girls as well....   liked to prowl around Tiny's after ballgames...

McHoop

28 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Purdue forum thinks otherwise by a wide margin lol

Huh? I think a lot of us think Furst has the higher floor than Kaufman but that Kaufman has the higher ceiling. Don’t think the wide margin comment is accurate honestly. Kaufman’s potential is higher but I think Furst is better overall right now. That can change in the next several years though as TK continues to develop. 

20 minutes ago, McHoop said:

Yeah,  I also "knew" a few Martinsville girls as well....   liked to prowl around Tiny's after ballgames...

McHoop

OMG.....Tiny's!!! That place was a beaut'. That's where you could find girls that you'd be ashamed to take home to mom....I know this is Trey's board, but man, those memories. 

52 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Huh? I think a lot of us think Furst has the higher floor than Kaufman but that Kaufman has the higher ceiling. Don’t think the wide margin comment is accurate honestly. Kaufman’s potential is higher but I think Furst is better overall right now. That can change in the next several years though as TK continues to develop. 

So if you think Furst is better than Kaufman you then think that Duncomb is better than Kaufman too? Furst was completely dominated against Duncomb and Kaufman and I don’t think there is any argument or proof that Furst is truly better than Kaufman. What evidence do you have that shows Furst is better? Take the IU and PU element out of it because there is no way if I’m an outsider and I look at Furst and Kaufman and say yep Furst is better

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

0708 says so. Coach hasn’t really said much. I know a few pages back he had one post and all it said was Indiana. I think someone asked where he thought Trey would end up. 

Sam hasn't been following up on that, but "Indiana" is his clear take. If he thinks that has changed, he'll probably post as much. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Sam hasn't been following up on that, but "Indiana" is his clear take. If he thinks that has changed, he'll probably post as much. 

Yeah, I figured as much. I have read both 0708 & CoachSS's latest updated posts....I was just thinking, sometimes things tend to leak out on a recruits official choice the day before and sources in the know are either firm or wavering.....

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Did you watch the AAU game between the two this summer?

1 hour ago, McHoop said:

McHoop

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

OMG.....Tiny's!!! That place was a beaut'. That's where you could find girls that you'd be ashamed to take home to mom....I know this is Trey's board, but man, those memories. 

Good old Tiny Stanton...

Archived