Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure...Been a long time

Sure has....I remember as a kid, through the years, hearing dad say he stopped off at Tiny's or Cliff's to get a beer on his way home from work. He would often walk through the door with an empty 40 oz. of Miller High Life wrapped in a brown paper bag.....

50+ High Life ideas | high life, miller high life, miller beer

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The establishment in question is not only in Sellersburg, but it is literally across the street from the school complex.  His hometown should support Trey regardless of his decision.  As hoosierfan34 said, imagine leaving school every afternoon and driving by that if the choice is not IU.  That's tough.

They are supporting him. He hasn't said where he is going. maybe they change the sign after saying good luck at Montana St.

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So if you think Furst is better than Kaufman you then think that Duncomb is better than Kaufman too? Furst was completely dominated against Duncomb and Kaufman and I don’t think there is any argument or proof that Furst is truly better than Kaufman. What evidence do you have that shows Furst is better? Take the IU and PU element out of it because there is no way if I’m an outsider and I look at Furst and Kaufman and say yep Furst is better

Why are people putting so much stock in one AAU game? Yes Furst didn’t play well but that doesn’t take away what he had done over the past few years. I think Furst is more physically-developed than Kaufman and has a higher floor. I think Kaufman is still growing into his body and it could take time for him to teach that potential whereas Furst is already pretty close to his potential IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why are people putting so much stock in one AAU game? Yes Furst didn’t play well but that doesn’t take away what he had done over the past few years. I think Furst is more physically-developed than Kaufman and has a higher floor. I think Kaufman is still growing into his body and it could take time for him to teach that potential whereas Furst is already pretty close to his potential IMO. 

physically developed? as in the weightroom? 

14 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Sorry PU Toiletmakers but you’re losing at this thread competition thing lol They must be unaware of HSN 🔴🔴

7088F6DB-095B-4721-AC79-741755976244.png

Just think how many shoes would have to come off before they tallied up the difference...

17 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Sorry PU Toiletmakers but you’re losing at this thread competition thing lol They must be unaware of HSN 🔴🔴

7088F6DB-095B-4721-AC79-741755976244.png

There was a new one started earlier this week that’s about to hit 2k. That’s the goal before the announcement tomorrow night haha. 

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

There was a new one started earlier this week that’s about to hit 2k. That’s the goal before the announcement tomorrow night haha. 

So we’re ‘Loosiers’ for having too many pages on a recruit, but it is completely normal for them to set a goal on responses. 

5 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

That sounds eerily similar to Trey’s uncle Matt Renn. I played with him in HS. Word got out during the day that Knight was coming to that night’s home game. Dakich actually talked to my dad at the school early that morning. Matt proceeds to have his worst ever HS game and I think Knight took Recker instead. And we cheered for Matt in college even when he played IU. And his ISU teams beat IU twice, went to the NCAA tourney 2 or 3 years, and Matt became a HOFer, so he did ok. But your story sounds very similar. We all wanted Matt to be a Hoosier, but Knight never offered. And we think Matt wanted to go there too. 

Interesting story, thanks for sharing. That must be rough if he believes a single game cost him a chance to play at IU (which is possible).

I do take issue with the way you make it sound like it was him or Recker and this one game was responsible. While it may have been responsible for him not receiving an offer from IU, I can't imagine it had anything to do with Recker. From what I remember, Recker was a big time recruit and I don't think Knight takes anyone in the state at that time instead of him, only in addition to him.

Just now, IU Scott said:

All I have to say to Purdue fans

5-0

careful they'll use the argument that a lot of "current" IU fans never saw them win a title OR when was the last time IU was relevant in the tournament.  It's like arguing with a toilet, only two things a toilet needs to do,  flush(no leaking) and refill with water after flushing.    

12 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Let the rumors begin! 

1CAAAF53-904A-4383-8670-7EAA211D9AFA.png

Do we know how connected this guy really is? Also to me it seems a little early to inform the other coaches. If he really wants everything kept so close to the chest why not wait until tomorrow before the announcement? 

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

careful they'll use the argument that a lot of "current" IU fans never saw them win a title OR when was the last time IU was relevant in the tournament.  It's like arguing with a toilet, only two things a toilet needs to do,  flush(no leaking) and refill with water after flushing.    

Well I saw 3 of those championships.  Also I am 50 years old but the last time Purdue made the final four I was 10.  Since their last final four we have been to 4 final fours and won two championships.

Archived