Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

4 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I'm sure someone of TK's character wouldnt have any part of a troll job, so it would have to be the PU people making it up or the HS kids messed up (not knowing)  they're live. 

Either way if I'm TK I'm pissed

Well yeah, sorry, that’s what I meant by troll job was the PU people making it up. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well at least I don’t have to keep checking this thread for info anymore. Congrats to Trey and Matt. They are getting a stud. Hopefully Archie has some more talent waiting in the wing. Been awhile since Purdue has had a better class then us...and they were still beating our butts with lesser quality players. Now they have some studs...Archie is going to have to up his level.

4 minutes ago, labeck81 said:

Monitoring twitter...no-one is picking up on yet from a media perspective and its been almost an hour...not saying it isnt true but its super shady right now.

Been doing the same thing. It usually leaks to the IndyStar, Peegs and Rivals front page....I can’t find anything either.

Just now, Colonialcrester said:

Nobody is verifying this at all. Looks to be trolls. Just relax.  Deep breaths. Seek your happy place.

I’ve seen IU fans mention they heard the live interview too. There was a fake post claiming to be Trey on one of the IU boards but it sounds like several people heard the interview. 

14 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

None of this makes a whole lot of sense. Not sure how a radio station accidentally airs a segment it is recording live. Don't they usually use different equipment for that? Especially if it was leaked as a podcast, which usually don't stream live.

Also not sure why Kaufman would agree to announce in an interview recorded 24 hours early if he wants it to be a surprise. 

I'd probably wait for confirmation from someone with more than 500 Twitter followers.

Actually it makes perfect sense. Accidents happen. How do you fake a kid speaking live about his decision? If it’s Treys voice it’s Trey regardless how horrible it is to mess up the recording. I can see Trey likely recording multiple interviews because he will be announcing it live tomorrow and then the other people will release the exclusive interviews. Someone just screwed up and played it live instead of having it saved for tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’ve seen IU fans mention they heard the live interview too. There was a fake post claiming to be Trey on one of the IU boards but it sounds like several people heard the interview. 

We also have a person that days he is friends with the radio host...the radio hosts has no idea what they are talking about.

Strange that no one has picked up on this. Or that they would record something for a live broadcast. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Actually it makes perfect sense. Accidents happen. How do you fake a kid speaking live about his decision? If it’s Treys voice it’s Trey regardless how horrible it is to mess up the recording. I can see Trey likely recording multiple interviews because he will be announcing it live tomorrow and then the other people will release the exclusive interviews. Someone just screwed up and played it live instead of having it saved for tomorrow.

I'm not buying.

Just now, cybergates said:

Why would the guy who tweeted it out who is listed as a Purdue fan living in West Lafayette be listening to a southern IN high school podcast/radio station a day before the announcement? 

Someone on our board who lives in southern Indiana heard it and posted about it. There’s been talk of Trey being at the Jeffersonville girls game tonight to record something at the radio station. 

Just now, dgambill said:

This makes sense but I don't know how it wouldn't leak if he were doing prerecorded shows.  And by others accounts hes played this close to the chest so why leave anything to chance the night before, just wait.  I mean, 17 year olds amiright?

1 minute ago, Colonialcrester said:

We also have a person that days he is friends with the radio host...the radio hosts has no idea what they are talking about.

Strange that no one has picked up on this. Or that they would record something for a live broadcast. 

Or they’ve pulled it and playing the plausible deniability. Of course they don’t want to confirm it and further ruin a kids announcement. Seems like damage control to me. Hard to deny what people heard on the radio.

Archived