Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

So, was Trey at the studio tonight? If so, what for? 

I just saw the pic on Peegs. It’s definitely Trey, but guess it all boils down to whether that was actually a pic of him there tonight or if it was from another instance. If it was from tonight, I have trouble not believing all the PU smoke. 

2 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

I just saw the pic on Peegs. It’s definitely Trey, but guess it all boils down to whether that was actually a pic of him there tonight or if it was from another instance. If it was from tonight, I have trouble not believing all the PU smoke. 

I feel pretty confident it was tonight. Granted it’s coming from a poster on our board who’s kid sent it to him but the poster felt pretty confident. 

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I heard from someone I trust explicitly that heard directly from the radio host that it was fake.  Doesn't mean it's not Purdue.  Just means that this particular chapter of the story is not accurate.

Man I go out to dinner with my daughter and come and check this site and see that there has been 15 pages in the 3 hours I were gone.  My question is why would a kid on the radio show risk his place on the radio to play a trick.  I hope it is fake and if it is then this kid probably won't be allowed to be on the radio an longer.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Just going by that multiple people listening live heard it. If it’s manufactured then fine...but not sure someone would go to this trouble to fake a Trey Kaufman radio interview. Letting it slip is much more believable.

Yes, I fear this is a case of Occam’s Razor. Human error is the simplest explanation. 

I had a boss who was fond of saying that in any project, you always have to allow for the “stupid factor”

I had to make a comment here and not just keep reading. If TK does end up at Purdue, I think it's interesting what Coach Painter has done lately with recruiting. I got to know Coach Painter on a professional level a few years back and I came away thinking I was surprised he doesn't get elite level recruiting classes every year. We ribbed each other a bit about IU/Purdue, but I could see how people can relate to him.

5 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

I've felt he has been looking around for reasons not to commit to Indiana for awhile now.  Seems he would have pulled the trigger a couple months ago otherwise.  I also feel like he's kept our recruiting in a sort of purgatory while awaiting his decision because the other chips would fall afterwards.

This is how I've felt for quite awhile now.

Really hate social media and how it just a place for a lot of mis information.  We get this coming out that it was leaked that Trey committed to Purdue.  Then we hear it is fake news and it didn't happen and now someone said Rabjohns says it is not looking good.  This is the new version as the World Turns and recruiting is getting way out of hand.

For a month or so I did not have a good feeling that we would get Trey because of the comment of can't make everyone happy with your decisions.  Then when he said he thought that the offense Purdue runs is the best fit for him.  I also believed if he was a big IU lean he would have committed earlier and it seemed he wa slooking at others.  I hope I am wrong but I still see him going to Purdue and if he does then it is time to move on and get another good player.

A couple of Purdue guys are laughing their arses off because they posted some baloney and sent this forum into a panic.

C’mon guys. We are better than this and have been here before. Not meaning to offend anyone but act like we have. Act like we are the fan base of the preeminent program in the state.

Let Trey have his moment in the spotlight. Regardless, show the family that as a collective whole we have more class than this 

Archived