Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

2 minutes ago, Boilershame said:

Donnie Hale went to Bellerive, transferred to Purdue,  never played serious minutes.  I'm not trolling....enjoying your stressing....its IU.  Tomorrow  at 6:05pm, o want apologies.  Seriously, enjoying this blog.  Purdue blogs are boring.

Banned in 3...2......1 more trolling post does it.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Which makes up for a terrible track record?  Wasn’t Rabby hyping TJD to MSU after TJD signed?  He needed some clicks. 

That being said the guy I trust most just said this may be legit. So I concerned. 

I don't think you get how the business model works. I do not remember any MSU hype or much cause for concern late in the TJD recruitment at all. But sounds like you're getting to the right conclusion on Kaufman so I'll leave it be.

1 minute ago, CoachSS said:

I think it will be PU. As I said, I was only “hearing” IU. It wasn’t a recruit I have coached, trained or had great relationships with. 
Of course, I take myself very seriously but people ask and I do my best to answer. I never heard PU stuff until the last two hours. 
But, that’s recruiting. And definitely different than other kids where I KNEW what was going to happen. 

Thats the deal when trying to gauge kids. You go with what you hear and know. Rarely do you know 100%.

Appreciate ya!

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Where did you see he talked to his mom tonight and didn't his mom say this is fake news about the radio show.

Rabjohns said that he talked to the mom on the phone in one of the many threads ongoing over there right now. Separately, and after that, he responded "It doesn't look good" when someone asked him how IU's chances look right now. Putting 2 and 2 together. Mom is clearly trying to cover the slip up and still allow her son to have a big announcement, but cat is out of the bag.

Just now, hoosierfan34 said:

And I certainly hope people didn’t think I was trying to be misleading with my pro-IU chatter. I was just passing along everything I was getting from sources. And again, I coached the damn kid, so obviously I wanted him to pick IU. 

It sounds like everyone heard the wrong things. CoachSS, you, 0708, Peegs/Rabjohns. It happens. Recruiting is a volatile business. 

1 minute ago, hoosierfan34 said:

And I certainly hope people didn’t think I was trying to be misleading with my pro-IU chatter. I was just passing along everything I was getting from sources. And again, I coached the damn kid, so obviously I wanted him to pick IU. 

Not at all. Appreciate all of your insight into this recruitment. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Still don't know why anyone would choose to play at Purdue over IU but if this is what he wants so be it.

I really don't get it. He's committed to a very crowded front court. Painter must've done a helluva sales job convincing him that he'd play the 3, because I don't think that's going to end up happening. I don't see how a southern Indiana kid sees all of TJD's minutes coming available and passes on that. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Archie better start beating Purdue on the court if he’s going to start losing recruiting battles to them 

not worried about Archie and his recruitng at all.  We never have gotten all the top players in the state and even RMK never got 3 straight Mr. basketballs so it happens all the time.  We have gotten Romeo, RP, TJD, Franklin, Galloway, Leal and Lander so why not worry about those players putting on the IU uniform.  If Trey wants to play at purdue and feel it is a better fit then that is where he should go.  Myabe he doesn't want to be in the fish bowl that is IU basketball and just looking at this thread it would make you look at what it is like playing for IU.

2 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

I think Purdue has some momentum going with their program lately. I think it has less to do with their recent record against Indiana and more to do with them being a staple in the second weekend of the NCAA tourney.

Yep. Staple. Painter after 15 or so years on the job has been in the second weekend 3 of the last 10 years and 5 of 15. That's as staple as it gets. 

Z Lol, guys...it will be fine.  We have a pretty decent group already.  We have the Jim's and Joe's.  It is always nice to get more, so maybe we see Aminu and the Miller kid head this way.  That being said, whether Trey comes or doesn't is inconsequential at this point.  From here on out, it is going to be what Archie Miller can do with the kids he has.  We have a fairly talented group and we have experience.  He just needs to go win games now.

Kids make decisions that are best for them.  Sometimes it has nothing to do with the state of a program, rather a fit.

Maybe the chatter of him not wanting to play with Lander was true.  I think anyone would want Lander as the #1 priority if he didn't reclassify.  The kid is the top pg and absolute stud.  Didn't understand the reasoning, but could be true.  Maybe not, but interesting at this time to bring up.

Maybe the chatter of him not wanting to play with Logan was true.  Logan made Furst look average....the ceiling is high with him and he is considered good already and a late bloomer.  Thought they played great together recently, so still don't understand it.

Maybe Trey looked at this roster and it is loaded with 3's and 4's.

Maybe he still picks IU and that would be awesome.  Maybe he doesn't and I still like the direction.  Recruit Indiana hard and now you have an east coast recruiting stud on the staff.  

Going to be interesting tomorrow and beyond, if you like recruiting.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Still don't know why anyone would choose to play at Purdue over IU but if this is what he wants so be it.

Ask Morton, Furst, and Kaufman. Clearly success on the court means something. We are still equivalent Nebraska football until that changes. Sure we got cool warm ups but once the ball rips we haven’t been too cool. 

IU has been style over substance for some time now. Some kids see through that. Hoping Archie turns around the culture around here soon.

Archived