Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Ask Morton, Furst, and Kaufman. Clearly success on the court means something. We are still equivalent Nebraska football until that changes. Sure we got cool warm ups but once the ball rips we haven’t been too cool. 

IU has been style over substance for some time now. Some kids see through that. Hoping Archie turns around the culture around here soon.

They all committed to a team that went 16-15 last year. That's pretty cool.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football school. 

Kidding aside, I wish Trey the best. This is just another reason not to get too hyped about young kids who are getting ready to make big impactful life decisions. 

While it’s always fun to speculate, TK seemed different than a lot of kids who are recruited by power five schools. He seems like the type of kid that uses basketball as a steppingstone, instead of his endgame. Similar to that Kansas City Chiefs lineman, that opted out and decided to join the medical field to fight this pandemic. 

Side note: Rondale Moore is from southern Indiana and is Purdue’s highest NFL prospect since Drew Breezy.

D34B828B-8C19-45AA-BBC1-1BE297784D89.jpeg

And the year before was in the elite 8 and seconds from beating the national champs.

And yet they lost. They had a good run with the Edwards/Swanigan core, but before then they had a substantial down period after the Hummel/Moore teams. They haven't been this consistent power under Painter they're made out to be.

It’s all good. Archie just needs to get it done on the floor. This just makes his job that much harder but in the end if he wins no one will care what recruits he missed on. If he doesn’t...well. 

Archie really jumping back in on the Hopkins recruitment had me wondering honestly...if he felt confident in Trey or Miller. Add Nickel and Reed JR...starts to make sense. I think this recruitment to Purdue has been in the works for some time if we step back and take our Crimson colored glasses off.

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Ask Morton, Furst, and Kaufman. Clearly success on the court means something. We are still equivalent Nebraska football until that changes. Sure we got cool warm ups but once the ball rips we haven’t been too cool. 

IU has been style over substance for some time now. Some kids see through that. Hoping Archie turns around the culture around here soon.

Not having the NCAA tournament really hurt IU this year! IU was clearly going to get in and Purdue was going to be sitting at home. That would of gave the program more momentum. Instead Tournament cancelled and everyone forgets about it. Before that. Archie gets Romeo and then the entire team including Romeo gets hurt. He definitely has been snake bite so far in his tenure. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Correct. You wanna lay odds or $ on the next 5? But did you think 33% is a staple in the 2nd weekend?

What’s our tournament resume look like in that time period?? Not much better...Painter is a good coach. He has a couple transition years here and clearly with what he has coming up...will be back competing for the B1G title.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It’s all good. Archie just needs to get it done on the floor. This just makes his job that much harder but in the end if he wins no one will care what recruits he missed on. If he doesn’t...well. 

Archie really jumping back in on the Hopkins recruitment had me wondering honestly...if he felt confident in Trey or Miller. Add Nickel and Reed JR...starts to make sense. I think this recruitment to Purdue has been in the works for some time if we step back and take our Crimson colored glasses off.

Nickel and Reed are in the 22 class so they hav enothing to do with Trey

22 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Kids make decisions that are best for them.  Sometimes it has nothing to do with the state of a program, rather a fit.

Maybe the chatter of him not wanting to play with Lander was true.  I think anyone would want Lander as the #1 priority if he didn't reclassify.  The kid is the top pg and absolute stud.  Didn't understand the reasoning, but could be true.  Maybe not, but interesting at this time to bring up.

Maybe the chatter of him not wanting to play with Logan was true.  Logan made Furst look average....the ceiling is high with him and he is considered good already and a late bloomer.  Thought they played great together recently, so still don't understand it.

Maybe Trey looked at this roster and it is loaded with 3's and 4's.

Maybe he still picks IU and that would be awesome.  Maybe he doesn't and I still like the direction.  Recruit Indiana hard and now you have an east coast recruiting stud on the staff.  

Going to be interesting tomorrow and beyond, if you like recruiting.

Honestly, I think it has to do with the sales pitch and the examples they were able to show him. When interviewed he was able to list several players that Purdue has had who had games like he'd like to player. When he talked about IU he said they showed him treasures of TJD. He made sure to mention several times that he's a different kind of player from TJD. And considering how ugly the IU offense has been the last few years he may just not believe he'd be used in a way he wants. That's my take if he picks Purdue as I expect at this point.

What’s our tournament resume look like in that time period?? Not much better...Painter is a good coach. He has a couple transition years here and clearly with what he has coming up...will be back competing for the B1G title.

Sounds like you are a closet purdue fan

3 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Honestly, I think it has to do with the sales pitch and the examples they were able to show him. When interviewed he was able to list several players that Purdue has had who had games like he'd like to player. When he talked about IU he said they showed him treasures of TJD. He made sure to mention several times that he's a different kind of player from TJD. And considering how ugly the IU offense has been the last few years he may just not believe he'd be used in a way he wants. That's my take if he picks Purdue as I expect at this point.

See, that's were I have a different perspective.  IU's offense to me is not ugly.  Its a hybrid between pro and motion.  There really has not been a healthy point guard and shooters.  It will look much different this year based on the roster.

Archived