Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

5 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Why do I even read these damn recruiting threads? Someday I'll wean myself off the addiction and find out who we got when they're on the floor for the first game of the season.

Tell myself the same sometimes. If we land him everything will be fine. If we don't...we'll lose for a couple of days and onto Aminu and Miller by Sunday night. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shapopojoe said:

IMO, these last second recruiting dramas will continue until we are able to reach national prominence again and start being the go-to school for in-state talent.....Unfortunately, we are not that option at this point

Preach it brother!!! 

What upsets me more is it seems we lose out on top recruits at the last minute and it sucks!

19 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I just have to say if this is a trick, conjured up by TK, it won’t sit well with me. Even if he picks IU and Purdue is at the butt end of the joke. That wouldn’t show much character, IMO.

I seriously doubt that this is a 'trick' by Trey.  If you knew him, you would know it's not remotely close to his style. It's either true, and an unfortunate leak occurred.  Or, it's a massive troll job by someone else.  And, that would not mean it was conjured up by a Purdue fan.  It could be the creation of an IU fan that wanted to make Purdue the butt of the joke.

Someone deserves to bear the brunt of your irritation, but I don't think it's Trey.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I seriously doubt that this is a 'trick' by Trey.  If you knew him, you would know it's not remotely close to his style. It's either true, and an unfortunate leak occurred.  Or, it's a massive troll job.  And, that would not mean it was conjured up by a Purdue fan.  It could be the creation of an IU fan that wanted to make Purdue the butt of the joke.

Someone deserves to bear the brunt of your irritation, but I don't think it's Trey.

Oh I agree, that's why I prefaced it with: "conjured up by TK". 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I seriously doubt that this is a 'trick' by Trey.  If you knew him, you would know it's not remotely close to his style. It's either true, and an unfortunate leak occurred.  Or, it's a massive troll job.  And, that would not mean it was conjured up by a Purdue fan.  It could be the creation of an IU fan that wanted to make Purdue the butt of the joke.

my 2 cents: 

I do not support him doing something like this, but even if Trey did play a prank... he is like 17. We are the adults overreacting... 

24 minutes ago, JcityHoosier said:

I've met people that didn't know Notre Dame was in Indiana 

So have I but I think its because ND has a more elite kind of status and is in maybe their own mind like Washington DC its one thing.  I get that but there is no reason to know what state Purdue is in, why would anyone care or take the time to look it up. Unless its to see the list of schools to have never won a real NCAA Mens basketball championship

28 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I just have to say if this is a trick, conjured up by TK, it won’t sit well with me. Even if he picks IU and Purdue is at the butt end of the joke. That wouldn’t show much character, IMO.

I don;t know the kid but know lots of people close to him he is not the type to do that. He respects the game, the time coaches have put into his game and even more so the time college coaches have devoted to recruiting him to do anything like that. 

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I thought that burned down.

Speaking of this, I showed my midwestern roots when I first heard that the cathedral of Notre Dame was burning and my first thought was of the basilica at the University of Notre Dame... only someone from Indiana 😁

To be fair to myself, my colleague said Notre Dame with the American pronunciation - which I associate with the university.

EDIT: Not to compare it to Notre Dame de Paris, but the basilica at the university is beautiful and worth a stop if you happen to be in South Bend.

1 minute ago, GaloisGroupe said:

my 2 cents: 

I do not support him doing something like this, but even if Trey did play a prank... he is like 17. We are the adults overreacting... 

If he is such a great kid with upstanding character, (which I am sure he is).. none of this happens on his watch, especially if he has anything to say about it and on Archie's Birthday. That would be like getting swift kick in the "pelotas"!!!!

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

If he is such a great kid with upstanding character, (which I am sure he is).. none of this happens on his watch, especially if he has anything to say about it and on Archie's Birthday. That would be like getting swift kick in the "pelotas"!!!!

I guess... I considered myself a good kid with good character and I did stupid things without thinking about the consequences at 17 (even well into my 20's... even occasionally today).

These athletes have a spotlight on them and blows things out of proportion.

2 hours ago, Shapopojoe said:

IMO, these last second recruiting dramas will continue until we are able to reach national prominence again and start being the go-to school for in-state talent.....Unfortunately, we are not that option at this point

Again we have gotten the majority of the Indiana kids so losing one does not ruin all the work that Archie has done the last 3 years.

Archived