Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

13 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

What if Geronimo is better????......

Exactly.  Trey may or may not come, but how many guys did we miss out on when we had Victor Oladipo sitting on our team thinking "woe is me"?  If some crazy flip-flop of fortune occurs and Trey ends up popping for IU, awesome.  If he doesn't, we still have some guys on the roster who are going to be around for a few years who may make us forget about him.  I would not trade Oladipo for the guys we thought we missed out on, maybe we will be able to say the same for Geronimo or even Hunter.  I mean, people were saying he was every bit as solid as Langford before he got hurt.  That guy could have a break out year and solidify the spot Trey is looking to fill.

As far as the interior, I know everyone is saying TJD is done after this year, but he is one kid where economics should not be a big factor.  If he is projected as low first round or high second, he may get the advice to stick around one more year and push for draft lottery.  Who knows?  (And yes, I know conventional wisdom is "he gone".)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say, this thread has been a nice bit of normalcy in a very unusual time.  HSN writing a Game of Thrones novel about a four star in-state recruit who’s a cross between Ghandi, Mother Teresa, and Albert Einstein, and who’s probably committing somewhere else... Feels just like the good old days.

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I don't think he released any kind of fake anything. I think a couple of idiots did it as a joke. Will he choose PU? Maybe he will but I don't think it has anything to do with last night at all. 

To me it is more of saving face and to me there is to many things point out that it is Purdue

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Curious if you can elaborate on the “you aren’t remembered at Purdue” comment? 

Probably means that if you play at Indiana and you are frm the state you will always be remembered.  Also after yout career you will be able to get any job you want since there are a lot of alumni out there that can help you

2 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Did the supposed leaked video/audio get played on the same radio station that his announcement was supposed to be on? And if so was it at 6pm? If that is the case then it definitely seems like a mishap but the real video. 

No, he was at Jeff making the audio. Someone supposedly heard and leaked.

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

If he is such a great kid with upstanding character, (which I am sure he is).. none of this happens on his watch, especially if he has anything to say about it and on Archie's Birthday. That would be like getting swift kick in the "pelotas"!!!!

I doubt he even knows it is Archies birthday

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

If Trey’s comments on Instagram aren’t just him trying to cover up the mishap with the leak and this ends up being a different outcome, then wow that’d be pretty epic.

I think the "real" video is just going to be the pre-recording in its entirety. He's Purdue bound. 

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I think the "real" video is just going to be the pre-recording in its entirety. He's Purdue bound. 

Since you originally posted this twice and apparently deleted one, I'm going to take that as a positive sign in the right direction.  :coffee:

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Most people outside of the Big have no idea what state Purdue is in let alone who played there. In all my travels when people ask where Im from and I say Indiana not 1 has ever said anything about Purdue or their basketball program. Many have said something about Brad Stevens or Butler lots of Notre Dame mostly Bob Knight stuff but ZERO for Purdue

This is true. I attended Purdue (being an IU fan there is fun) and when I tell people where I went to school I'm often asked, "Where's that at?" I live in AZ so I'm outside the B1G footprint.

Late to the party. So for me and the slow learners out there. Is this what happened? Trey recorded his announcement at the gym to release tonight at 6:00 p.m. Someone idiot heard him recording his choice and began blabbing it out. Then Purdue media picks it up and starts spreading it around the internet even more. Trey's big day is ruined, etc. 

Is that where we are at? 

Archived