Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Did Dakich elaborate on why he thinks it’ll be IU even after all this has gone down? (Not that his opinion is a big one, just wondering what his case could be if he still thinks it’s IU).

I think it gives him the opportunity to bash IU when Trey announces for Purdue

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Would make me a pioneer lol

I know how to start a rumor or two ....

I'm going to go post over there that a certain Boiler23 has been masquerading as a Boiler fan for years, that he's been a regular here for years, that he LOVES the Hoosiers, and laughs with us about his Boiler "friends." 

Shall I?

😁

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

So did I, but he was obviously there last night. All of this is so stupid. 

To be so tight lipped about his recruitment and decision and then this happens. SMH    I mean you're making your announcement on the radio TK.   You can call into the station live and say your choice man.  No need to be sly and sneak into a studio beforehand.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I know how to start a rumor or two ....

I'm going to go post over there that a certain Boiler23 has been masquerading as a Boiler fan for years, that he's been a regular here for years, that he LOVES the Hoosiers, and laughs with us about his Boiler "friends." 

Shall I?

😁

@Stlboiler23 getting drummed out of GBI after " The Mod" rumor...

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This is how I am starting to feel about recruiting

Image result for nothing to see here quote from the naked gun

I’ve been hearing for years how we have to prioritize Indiana kids in recruiting. Locking down the state. Then Indiana kid doesn’t want to come here and people down play recruit and how good they are. Can we just throw location out now and just agree we want the best player because giving these home town kids the benefit over a kid like Geronimo who was blown away by IU doesn’t seem to make any sense. We want kids that feel IU is a special offer not those that take it for granted. I’m not handicapping out of state kids for location any more. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

So basically I think it’s safe to say this is what happened...Trey FaceTimed with our coaching staff Wednesday (according to CoachSS) and Trey probably found out about Archie’s birthday and wanted to let him know he wasn’t coming there to avoid the whole situation. 

He went to the same location he was going to record his “live” announcement to either pre-record it or maybe his friend wanted to do a practice run for today, and they didn’t realize they were live on the air and people could hear them. 

It would be incredible if he said screw all this I’m going to flip it to IU now but apparently in that leaked audio Trey said he spoke with Painter about 2 weeks ago and didn’t flat out tell him it was Purdue but knew by then he wanted to go there, so I don’t see him changing his mind. 

I would like to say IU gave it there all but I started to worry about this recruitment when Trey said that while IU had been recruiting him the longest, only until Virginia started to really prioritize Trey did Archie assume a bigger role. Sounds like he got too confident and it came back to bite him. 

I’ve said this many times. In big recruits like this Ostrom assumes the lead role instead of CAM so these players are building relationships with head coaches for other teams like Painter with Purdue but not with us and it hurts us with the bigger recruits. He can obviously get away with this for recruits in the 80s-100s but this needs to change if he wants to try recruiting with the big boys.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ve been hearing for years how we have to prioritize Indiana kids in recruiting. Locking down the state. Then Indiana kid doesn’t want to come here and people down play recruit and how good they are. Can we just throw location out now and just agree we want the best player because giving these home town kids the benefit over a kid like Geronimo who was blown away by IU doesn’t seem to make any sense. We want kids that feel IU is a special offer not those that take it for granted. I’m not handicapping out of state kids for location any more. 

I an not syaing this is a good thing but have told you many times that even our best coach did not get e very Indiana recruit.  He never got 3 straight Mr. Basketballs so why when Archie misses out on one he is vilified for it.

Archived