Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

I believe you’ve said your wife is an IU fan/alum. Her joining this forum is the fuel HSN needs right now. Give the people what they want @Stlboiler23!

63CF1BB8-8E7F-4E05-837F-EB6DB3FF40E1.gif

Hahaha she’s not really a big sports fan. More into arts. I’ve gotten her more into sports since we’ve been together. She got into Purdue football when the Tyler Trent thing was going down actually. Random side note, my wife and I actually adopted the Trent’s dog a few years ago since they had so much going on with Tyler. 

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I an not syaing this is a good thing but have told you many times that even our best coach did not get e very Indiana recruit.  He never got 3 straight Mr. Basketballs so why when Archie misses out on one he is vilified for it.

Because he isn’t winning with the talent we have. If you aren’t going to see a team compete for B1G title at least continue to show us why we should be optimistic the Calvary is coming. I felt pretty good but the momentum has been slipping. Starting to see some cracks in the line. Brooks, Watford, Garcia, Furst, Kaufman. I don’t care you don’t win the recruiting battles at least show me you can coach up what we have. We knew Knight could squeeze blood from a turnip. Also Knight had a personality that there was no way under the sun every Mr Basketball and their families would send their kid there. I hear that Archie is a closer. Well he struggling to do that. Add that to the quality of play on the floor...hey man you eventually got to start excelling at one to help the other. Right now he is spinning tires...and that won’t cut it at IU. He has a chance this year to change the narrative...but that is just putting pressure on him. Not sweat off my back...he is the one with the job on the line.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Because he isn’t winning with the talent we have. If you aren’t going to see a team compete for B1G title at least continue to show us why we should be optimistic the Calvary is coming. I felt pretty good but the momentum has been slipping. Starting to see some cracks in the line. Brooks, Watford, Garcia, Furst, Kaufman. I don’t care you don’t win the recruiting battles at least show me you can coach up what we have. We knew Knight could squeeze blood from a turnip. Also Knight had a personality that there was no way under the sun every Mr Basketball and their families would send their kid there. I hear that Archie is a closer. Well he struggling to do that. Add that to the quality of play on the floor...hey man you eventually got to start excelling at one to help the other. Right now he is spinning tires...and that won’t cut it at IU. He has a chance this year to change the narrative...but that is just putting pressure on him. Not sweat off my back...he is the one with the job on the line.

Well for one IU won 20 games last year and was going to be in the tournament and Purdue wasn’t but everyone seems to forget that. In year 3 that’s what I expected from Archie so what you want last year 25 wins? 

I now see guys coming here worrying about Archie and his recruiting even though we have only missed out on two in state players who we truly went all in for (Brooks,Kauffman).  We have gotten Romeo, RP, Anderson, TJD, Franklin, Leal, Galloway and Lander.  Most years we usually wil have 3 players in a class and if you offer 20 players that means you only get 15% of the guys you offer.  To me Archies percentage is looking pretty good when it comes to getting indiana players.

I know most don't agree with me on this but I think in some cases our fans can be a detriment to recruiting.  it depends on the personality of the player and how much they enjoy being in the limelight.  You can see in this thread how this fan base is and some players might not do well under the heat of this fan base.  I know UK fans are worse but they recruit the type of player that can handle that heat because they are one and odne players and will only have to put  up with it for abput 9 mnths.  When things are goign good this fan base is a huge assett but when things turn bad we can turn on you in a heart beat.

With how our fans turn on coaches so quickly in their tenure it can't help recruiting when players and other coaches see that the fans are turning ont heir own.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Dakich still thinks its IU, but claims to not.know just his best guess

Dakich knows nothing. Somebody asked him the other day on his show and he was very dismissive and said IU because Trey is from southern Indiana and something like "where else would he go?"

1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

Well for one IU won 20 games last year and was going to be in the tournament and Purdue wasn’t but everyone seems to forget that. In year 3 that’s what I expected from Archie so what you want last year 25 wins? 

Well... I wanted 35 wins 0 losses and banner # 6...😉

I was happy with our performance last year.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I've been a lot more disappointed by his recruiting than his coaching.   He needs to improve by light years in that category to have any chance of succeeding here.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

What?? What planet are you living on??

CAM just brought 3 straight Mr. Indiana BBalls to IU. Three. Struggling to do what?? What?? I mean, what a minute let me think about this ... what?? Lol. 

Add that to the quality on the floor... what? We were just a tourney team, but for Covid. I could go on and on about the blatantly obvious point that CAM has been playing with Crean recruits and has transitioned the team to defense-first (golly we were just a top 25 D), and bringing in his own recruits (top ranked IN recruits), and that the time to judge should be over the next couple of seasons, but I guess it's easier to throw him under the bus. Not a closer. Good grief

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hahaha she’s not really a big sports fan. More into arts. I’ve gotten her more into sports since we’ve been together. She got into Purdue football when the Tyler Trent thing was going down actually. Random side note, my wife and I actually adopted the Trent’s dog a few years ago since they had so much going on with Tyler. 

I hope it poops in your bed. 

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That is the diffeence I don't see the slippage you are talking about.  The win total has went up every year.  The offense and defense stats has improved every year.  We went from no torunament to the the NIT and last year would have made the tournament.  I get it some people only see the glass half full but for me that is a horrible way to live your life.

6 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Was supposed to mean he was still coming to IU as of that time, but doesn’t sound like his info was very good. Hope he can come back at 6 and say “boom” and I have to apologize!

I think he said that he never heard Purdue until about 7:30pm last night. Not his fault. He can only say what he's hearing at the time.

After this and Brooks, Archie needs to have backup plans. And if the backup wants to commit, it's time to go to recruit A and say **** or get off the pot. These kids are leaving him holding the bag at the very last minute so they can be dramatic.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah I've been a lot more disappointed by his recruiting than his coaching.   He needs to improve by light years in that category to have any chance of succeeding here.

I like our new assistant coach a lot! To help with recruiting. And getting Romeo, Rob,Leal, Galloway, Brunk, Franklin, Lander, TJD from Indiana is well not something I would account as disappointing.

1 minute ago, Sea Turtle said:

I think he said that he never heard Purdue until about 7:30pm last night. Not his fault. He can only say what he's hearing at the time.

After this and Brooks, Archie needs to have backup plans. And if the backup wants to commit, it's time to go to recruit A and say **** or get off the pot. These kids are leaving him holding the bag at the very last minute so they can be dramatic.

I think he does have a backup plan in Miller

2 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

meh

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

What?? What planet are you living on??

CAM just brought 3 straight Mr. Indiana BBalls to IU. Three. Struggling to do what?? What?? I mean, what a minute let me think about this ... what?? Lol. 

Add that to the quality on the floor... what? We were just a tourney team, but for Covid. I could go on and on about the blatantly obvious point that CAM has been playing with Crean recruits and has transitioned the team to defense-first (golly we were just a top 25 D), and bringing in his own recruits (top ranked IN recruits), and that the time to judge should be over the next couple of seasons, but I guess it's easier to throw him under the bus. Not a closer. Good grief

After this season, make me a promise and put the 'playing with Crean's recruits excuse to bed.  

Archived