Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

BTW.  Trey has a younger brother in elementary that many, including Trey himself, say is better than Trey was at that age.  Hopefully our fans don't over-react too badly when this becomes official.

I have heard that before abouta guy with a better younger brother...

Nothing against the kid, but if he goes to Purdue I got nothing for him but athletics related hate.  Hope he loses every game and has a horrible career.  He is no different from any other player on that team.  I laugh when they fail.  Sorry, I am a petty person when it comes to my fandom.

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

BTW.  Trey has a younger brother in elementary that many, including Trey himself, say is better than Trey was at that age.  Hopefully our fans don't over-react too badly when this becomes official.

We have heard that about the youngest Gordon, Blackman and that did not turn out to be true.

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

But, he's not Gary Harris or Trey Lyles to me.  He's Trey Kaufman, someone I've watched develop over several years.    

You are right, he isn't GH,TL or KB jr., he is a southern Indiana kid that's going to purdue. Thats much worse.  This was supposed to be the class for this IU staff and so far they have taken a dump on it. If you cant build a winning relationship with a kid an hour from your front door you failed.

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You are right, he isn't GH,TL or KB jr., he is a southern Indiana kid that's going to purdue. Thats much worse.  This was supposed to be the class for this IU staff and so far they have taken a dump on it. If you cant build a winning relationship with a kid an hour from your front door you failed.

Like Jerry Schiting who lived 20 miles fromt he IU campus.  some of you act like this is the first local kid who chose not to play at IU.  As for trey he lives a lot closer to UL than he does IU so that could be the local team he rooted for.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We have heard that about the youngest Gordon, Blackman and that did not turn out to be true.

Scott.  No one, and I mean no one, ever said either of the younger Gordons were better than Eric.  And, you conveniently left out Zeller in your argument.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Scott.  No one, and I mean no one, ever said either of the younger Gordons were better than Eric.  And, you conveniently left out Zeller in your argument.  

That's not true.  When Eric committed here, there were plenty of people saying the youngest brother looked better.  The Gordon family said that.  Scott is 100% accurate on that.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Like Jerry Schiting who lived 20 miles fromt he IU campus.  some of you act like this is the first local kid who chose not to play at IU.  As for trey he lives a lot closer to UL than he does IU so that could be the local team he rooted for.

Sichting wasn't offered by IU

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Correct two years ago everyone said 2021 was this monster class and we should save grants, etc. This was going to be archie's killer class. So far its been a bust. 

Just now, Bedford1432 said:

Correct two years ago everyone said 2021 was this monster class and we should save grants, etc. This was going to be archie's killer class. So far its been a bust. 

That is somewhat fair.  But two years ago Lander was the big fish in this class.   Would we feel a little better if Lander had not reclassed and the class was currently Lander and Duncomb with a chance still at Mohammad and Miller?

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That is somewhat fair.  But two years ago Lander was the big fish in this class.   Would we feel a little better if Lander had not reclassed and the class was currently Lander and Duncomb with a chance still at Mohammad and Miller?

True but i think many thought we would get two of the big three. Plus lander may go pro after one year so we might really struggle next year.

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Okay.  If we're both still here in 7 years, we can resume this discussion.

"He's definitely picked it up big time," Gordon Sr. said. "As an eighth-grader, he's picked up the pace of the game. He's probably a better player than Eric was at this stage, without a doubt. He just has to keep it up."

Qoute about Eron from his father

15 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

I know he reclassified but Lander was the top rated recruit in the 2021 class.  Duncomb will also finish as a top 70 player as well.  My point is that why not wait until we see how this plays until we mark it as a bust.  We won't know until probably June what next years class and roster will look like.  There will be many different ways to get players this recruiting season with all the transfers that wil take place this year.  I have already seen that last years Ivy league player of the year will transfer after this year.  He is 6'10 and averaged 17 and 10 and owuld be a great pickup as a grad transfer.

6 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

True but i think many thought we would get two of the big three. Plus lander may go pro after one year so we might really struggle next year.

If both Lander and TJD go pro after this year, that would have to indicate that we had a pretty darn good year right?  

I do like the inside out approach, however, I am also aware that for some of the in state kids, using Indiana as an attention getter is probably somewhat part of the process too.  To that end, Archie has carted blanche from me to take em where he can get them.  I don't notice as much of this nonsense with the out of state kids and it is kind of nice to just open up the news and see "so and so committed" as opposed to this or the Brooks shhh show.

I am still a little iffy on our future, but I am going to wait until the class fills out and we see what happens this year on the court before I hit the panic button harder.

I'm not really interested in arguing about Archie Miller's record after 3 seasons compared to other coaches, his record against coaches after 5 or 6 meetings, or how past recruits' younger brothers compared to them at a certain age. 

I'm unhappy about this because it's a missed opportunity for the program to get better. Maybe we get Mohammad and/or somebody else, maybe we don't, but we're not better after this. 

Recruiting is every coach's lifeline. It's something they can point to during a tough season. It gives people hope. It creates buzz and excitement. All year, people have talked about how loaded this class of '21 is in Indiana. On the eve of the signing period, we have one player committed, and he's not even from Indiana. 

If Archie Miller bagged a strong '21 class, it would alleviate a good deal of concern about our future. If he whiffs on '21 and we struggle yet again this season, he's done for. The "3 straight Mr. Basketballs" argument will ring hollow by that point. 

Ok, done ranting. The stupid way in which this leaked, along with Boiler over here being chipper about it has me in a fouler mood than usual. 

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If both Lander and TJD go pro after this year, that would have to indicate that we had a pretty darn good year right?  

The cynic in me says they could both play like first rounders and we'd still find a way to lose 10-12 games. 

Heck, we lost 7 when we had two of the top four picks in the NBA draft. 

Archived