Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is we can't blame Archie for the last 25 years of mediocrity.  He has been here 3 years and why not let him try to build the program back up before tryng to tear him down.

I have not been super happy with his first three years.  I said if he made the tournament last year I would back off a bit.  I think we would have been in had the season not canceled.  There are things to like with him and there are quite a few things where jury is out IMO.  I expect another big step forward this year.

As to blaming him for the past 25 years, no, not fair.  But he was hired to fix that problem right?  So if my shower has been broke for several weeks and a few repair men have not been able to fix, then I call and ask you...the first few times you fail you get a pass.  Eventually though, I start to blame you for the fact that my shower is still broke and you are a continuation of the other guys who could not fix it.

That being said, we appear to have pieces in place where we should see better results this year.  Year 4 now, it is put up or shut up time.  That is why I have said that Trey really does not matter.  What happens with the guys on this team is what matters.  If they make a big positive step forward, recruiting will take care of itself.  If we see a continuation of the past 12 to 13 years, I think the recruits also do not matter.  Miller has talent and he has guys who have gotten old in his program.  If he is going to get it done at Indiana, this has to be the year he shows it.

• KDB changed the title to Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

Archived