Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Knight had success on the court. Big difference. 

For 3 years I’ve listened to how Archie needs his players.  Well he just missed on one. 

Maybe that player is already on the roster in Geronimo.  Oh I forgot the sky is falling.  some of you guys just crack me up that you come out of the walls when you see the first sogn of a problem.  Do I wish he picked IU yes but one recruit does not make IU either.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for me this is not even close to losing Eric Montross or Sean May if you asked me.  It is not even in the range of not getting Oden and Conley and probably not Gary Harris as well.  Trey is a very good player who would have been very good for IU and he seems like the type of kid that is a good role model.  He is not a generalization player who we can't survive without either.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wow did not realize this was first indiana recruit to ever go to Purdue

I would have liked to have Troy Lewis come to IU but he went to Purdue but did not miss him at all.  His senior year at Purdue was the year we won our last national championship.

I definitely think we will more than survive without him. He seems like a good kid and I wish him well. I just can’t stand ALL of the PU fans that I personally know who will spend their time giving me and IU crap about not getting him, rather than spending their time being happy for themselves about him being on their team. Literally happens with them every time. It’s like the “IU Sucks” chant that they do even when they aren’t playing IU. They get off more on IU’s failures/misses than their own success. Just annoying as heck. 

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because he said he fit the motion offense of Purdue the best.  I said that our offense was a con for Trey to pick us not that it was a bad offense.

Understood.  Shooting solves a lot, but it’s still been ugly.  Also someone on here mentioned Trey commenting on CAM focusing his recruitment on highlights of TJD while considering himself a much different type of player.  If that is true that is very unfortunate that we were not able to identify that. 

6 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I definitely think we will more than survive without him. He seems like a good kid and I wish him well. I just can’t stand ALL of the PU fans that I personally know who will spend their time giving me and IU crap about not getting him, rather than spending their time being happy for themselves about him being on their team. Literally happens with them every time. It’s like the “IU Sucks” chant that they do even when they aren’t playing IU. They get off more on IU’s failures/misses than their own success. Just annoying as heck. 

Where and when I grew up my one team I truly hated was Purdue and it is still that way today.  Someof my friends were Purdue fans and they would ge ton me when Purdue won which was often with Keady there.  The thing they could never say is they won a championship so I have always hed that over their heads.

8 minutes ago, Threedom said:

Understood.  Shooting solves a lot, but it’s still been ugly.  Also someone on here mentioned Trey commenting on CAM focusing his recruitment on highlights of TJD while considering himself a much different type of player.  If that is true that is very unfortunate that we were not able to identify that. 

They should have shown him how often we got Justin Smith open behind the arc :coffee:

8 minutes ago, Threedom said:

Maybe Trey doesn't see them as the same type but maybe the coaches see that.  Most players have a hard time identifying themselves and what is the best for them as a player.  Most players only look at what will help them get to the NBA and they think they are all guards who can play on the perimeter.  Trey does shoot better from the outside than TJD does but other than that they are similar.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Where and when I grew up my one team I truly hated was Purdue and it is still that way today.  Someof my friends were Purdue fans and they would ge ton me when Purdue won which was often with Keady there.  The thing they could never say is they won a championship so I have always hed that over their heads.

Yep I tell them the championship thing too and they just laugh and say “yeah that was like 50 years ago, big deal..”...I was only 1 year old in 87 when we won our last one, so most of the PU guys I know just act immature about it and say things like “oh those don’t count, those were ages ago. We’ve owned you guys for a long time now”, which is still not even that accurate. Just because Archie hasn’t been able to figure it out they have been using just these last few years as their way of saying they own us...which is just down right ridiculous and immature on their part. 

38 minutes ago, iucane said:

Has known PU for 2 weeks

That's what was being reported that he said last night. Sounds like that was legit. He and his friend screwed up and accidentally leaked what they are trying to keep secret until today. So his outrage post today seems disingenuous. They screwed up, don't blame others.

Just now, go_iu_bb said:

That's what was being reported that he said last night. Sounds like that was legit. He and his friend screwed up and accidentally leaked what they are trying to keep secret until today. So his outrage post today seems disingenuous. They screwed up, don't blame others.

I didn't listen to his presser. Did it come across that way they were blaming others on social media but it was themselves who made the mistake? After his name and likeness comment this morning I'm just confused on this kid. 

Everyone says small town great kid...but just curious how he answered or sounded when answering. Thanks in advance if you care to share. 

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

To be fair, it leaked because a Purdue fan who didn't know what day of the week it was just happened to be listening. 

But I agree, not sure why any type of recording the day before was necessary if he was going to be there tonight. 

Archived