Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Yep I tell them the championship thing too and they just laugh and say “yeah that was like 50 years ago, big deal..”...I was only 1 year old in 87 when we won our last one, so most of the PU guys I know just act immature about it and say things like “oh those don’t count, those were ages ago. We’ve owned you guys for a long time now”, which is still not even that accurate. Just because Archie hasn’t been able to figure it out they have been using just these last few years as their way of saying they own us...which is just down right ridiculous and immature on their part. 

But Archie does have to start beating Purdue, and prove that he can contend for a B10 title. He's got at least 2 years in my eyes, possibly longer because of the pandemic. The slow incremental improvements only play for so long. He's got pretty much all of "his" players now...time for some results.

As for Trey Kaufman, good luck kid...but I hope we make you regret this decision every time we play you...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Yep I tell them the championship thing too and they just laugh and say “yeah that was like 50 years ago, big deal..”...I was only 1 year old in 87 when we won our last one, so most of the PU guys I know just act immature about it and say things like “oh those don’t count, those were ages ago. We’ve owned you guys for a long time now”, which is still not even that accurate. Just because Archie hasn’t been able to figure it out they have been using just these last few years as their way of saying they own us...which is just down right ridiculous and immature on their part. 

Well I grew up in the 70's and 80's so when i was telling them about the championships they were happening at that time.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I grew up in the 70's and 80's so when i was telling them about the championships they were happening at that time.

Right, understood. I’m sure the PU fans back then at the time were a lot more understanding to the championship point and knew when to shut their mouths a little more, ha. I’m about to be 35 and the 35 year old PU fans I know act like they’re 12. 

Just now, IUrocker said:

Right, understood. I’m sure the PU fans back then at the time were a lot more understanding to the championship point and knew when to shut their mouths a little more, ha. I’m about to be 35 and the 35 year old PU fans I know act like they’re 12. 

They are jealous and tell your friends at least IU has been to the final four in their lifetimes where Purdue hasn't

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I didn't listen to his presser. Did it come across that way they were blaming others on social media but it was themselves who made the mistake? After his name and likeness comment this morning I'm just confused on this kid. 

Everyone says small town great kid...but just curious how he answered or sounded when answering. Thanks in advance if you care to share. 

It was being reported last night that they broadcasted for a few minutes. In that time Kaifman said he was going to Purdue and had known for 2 weeks. That last part is enough to tell me that there likely was a broadcast. If not then, them who?

And yes, his post totally sounds like he's blaming others.

You can disagree with me, that's fine. I even may be wrong but I don't think so. How else would internet randos know the bit about "2 weeks"? Just lucky hugs and he also happens to mention it? 

11 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Purdue fans, collectively, have a chip on their shoulder. It stems from the belief that deep down, they know they'll never be the best at anything or have anything that anyone else would covet. 

15 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

It was being reported last night that they broadcasted for a few minutes. In that time Kaifman said he was going to Purdue and had known for 2 weeks. That last part is enough to tell me that there likely was a broadcast. If not then, them who?

And yes, his post totally sounds like he's blaming others.

You can disagree with me, that's fine. I even may be wrong but I don't think so. How else would internet randos know the bit about "2 weeks"? Just lucky hugs and he also happens to mention it? 

Oh I don't disagree with you a bit. Was just trying to paint a timeline. If I'm wrong please someone come along and correct me. He knew Purdue 2 weeks ago. Accepted Facetime from coaches at IU yesterday or Wednesday. His video was released early....he blamed others on social media this morning? Is this correct?

4 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

There was this indonesian hooker that I used to hire and she told me something that works well for this occasion. "It was real, it was fun but it hasn't been real fun. See you later Big Banana." (That was my nickname amongst the ladies.)

Any chance she is on the north side of Indy?

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Oh I don't disagree with you a bit. Was just trying to paint a timeline. If I'm wrong please someone come along and correct me. He knew Purdue 2 weeks ago. Accepted Facetime from coaches at IU yesterday or Wednesday. His video was released early....he blamed others on social media this morning? Is this correct?

I'm not sure about the IU coaches but the rest of it is correct.

13 minutes ago, Threedom said:

Any chance she is on the north side of Indy?

She's a traveler so you never know!! I originally met her on the coast of Morocco when I woke up naked on a beach. Moroccan hasish will do that to you...turned out I had been passed out for 2 days after the smoking 20 grams of hash and doing a bunch of nightshade distillate...and about a dozen amyl nitrate whippets...and some crazy northeast african white lighting made from camel dung. Well, I don't need to go may further, it's the same old story that everyone has so back to Trey dissing us!

3 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

The point being...time to find your happy place and not worry about a four star recruit not coming to IU. IU is doing just fine and is doing better each year. Sit back and enjoy your family, plan your dreams...or think about your times with hot indonesian hookers.  It's all going to be ok. Have faith.😁

Well if the worst thing to happen to you this year is that Trey chose Purdue then you are darn fortunate.

I don't think that anybody feels that the sky is falling. I do think that there is frustration among many Indiana fans.

Frustration in this years class. Frustration in last year's cancelation. Frustration in Archie's first three years and the last 25 years in general. Frustration in the perceived commitment to mediocrity from the administration.

Frustration in that many felt that Indiana really needed a big time hire three years ago to give the program the shot in the arm it needed and that the administration just couldn't or wouldn't get it done. 

There are better days ahead I'm sure.

27 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Damn, my vet told me today my black lab has cancer, and TK committed to PUke.  Can someone swing by and kick me in the balls before I go to bed so my day is complete.....🤬

If you’re a true dog lover this is harder than most people imagine. Had to take a couple days off work when my 13 year old pup was put down a year ago. My condolences, buddy.

11 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

The point being...time to find your happy place and not worry about a four star recruit not coming to IU. IU is doing just fine and is doing better each year. Sit back and enjoy your family, plan your dreams...or think about your times with hot indonesian hookers.  It's all going to be ok. Have faith.😁

True.  I’m so lame I googled mr basketball in Indiana.  Including the big dog, PU has got 2 mr basketballs Robinson and swanigan since 1991.   iU 9 in the same period.  This is a huge get for PU.  Also interesting to see dry spells with Davis and Crean. 

it will work out....watch hunter and Geronimo. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

But Archie does have to start beating Purdue, and prove that he can contend for a B10 title. He's got at least 2 years in my eyes, possibly longer because of the pandemic. The slow incremental improvements only play for so long. He's got pretty much all of "his" players now...time for some results.

As for Trey Kaufman, good luck kid...but I hope we make you regret this decision every time we play you...

This is year 4. Why does archie get two more? He needs to finish top four now period 

8 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

I don't think that anybody feels that the sky is falling. I do think that there is frustration among many Indiana fans.

Frustration in this years class. Frustration in last year's cancelation. Frustration in Archie's first three years and the last 25 years in general. Frustration in the perceived commitment to mediocrity from the administration.

Frustration in that many felt that Indiana really needed a big time hire three years ago to give the program the shot in the arm it needed and that the administration just couldn't or wouldn't get it done. 

There are better days ahead I'm sure.

Well accordomg to most experts we got the top coaching candidate that year.   3 years ago if you were the AD who would you have hired instead.  My top choice was Gregg Marshall and now thank god they did not hire him.  Part of the problem with this fan base is the unrealistic expectations they have on who we can hire.  We are not goign to get big time coaches to elave their  current jobs to come to IU.  If you are not getting coaches like Coach K, Bennett, Pitino, Self, Wright and the other top coaches then who are you getting.  For the most part you are going to hire an up and coming coach from a mid major who has some good experience.

As for expectations for this class how do you know how it is going to turn out since we won't know the class until next June.

3 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

This is year 4. Why does archie get two more? He needs to finish top four now period 

I'd think anyone would give him a pass on this year. 

No one knows if we're even going to have a complete season...

We didn't last year, and IU by all accounts at least had a seed in the NCAA tournament

5 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

I think he was saying our administration will view it that way. And I agree, he needs to start overachieving if he wants the fans to back off. Find a way to finish top 4 this season. I don't want to see us become a program that accepts 7th place finishes and uses the strength of the Big Ten as an excuse. 

Archived