Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

5 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

This is year 4. Why does archie get two more? He needs to finish top four now period 

He should get a total of 5 years to prove he is the right guy and for that matter any coach should get that ammount of time.  if after year 5 we are still in the smae place then that would be the time to talk about his coaching future.  Also you think tlaking ao but your coaches future after only two years helps with recruiting.  Other coaches will pounce on any kind of negativity from schools so they can use it to their advantage in recruiting.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well accordomg to most experts we got the top coaching candidate that year.   3 years ago if you were the AD who would you have hired instead.  My top choice was Gregg Marshall and now thank god they did not hire him.  Part of the problem with this fan base is the unrealistic expectations they have on who we can hire.  We are not goign to get big time coaches to elave their  current jobs to come to IU.  If you are not getting coaches like Coach K, Bennett, Pitino, Self, Wright and the other top coaches then who are you getting.  For the most part you are going to hire an up and coming coach from a mid major who has some good experience.

As for expectations for this class how do you know how it is going to turn out since we won't know the class until next June.

I think it is a fair expectation for a program like IU to win ball games.  I think we will.  I think archies the man.  But he needs to address the offense. 

Why were we not having these same discussion 72 hours ago sinc everyone thinks Archie is a huge problem.  I tell you why it is because to many people overreact to one recruit choosing another school.  I noticed a lot of guys on here today that have not been on here in a long time.  For some reason they come today and start puncing on any negative info that comes.  it is like they strive on being the debbie downer and try to pull everyone else down to their level.

2 minutes ago, Threedom said:

I think it is a fair expectation for a program like IU to win ball games.  I think we will.  I think archies the man.  But he needs to address the offense. 

Who says they don't want IU to win games and I am sure the coaching staff is doing the best to put us in the best possible situation to win.  Some wants instant gratification instead of being patient and enjoying the journey.  Well if fan bases got to choose when to fire coaches then the country would have lost out on seeing some very great coaches achieve great things.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Who says they don't want IU to win games and I am sure the coaching staff is doing the best to put us in the best possible situation to win.  Some wants instant gratification instead of being patient and enjoying the journey.  Well if fan bases got to choose when to fire coaches then the country would have lost out on seeing some very great coaches achieve great things.

What?  Okay....not sure you read my post.  

I'm almost done. 5 years in 15 years Painter has his team playing in 2nd weekend of NCAA tourney.  5 times. I don't know. As I've said many times on here. Painter seems like a good guy. Honest it appears besides his best attempts to file for divorce in another Indiana county to hide things...

This one just doesn't make sense. Maybe a small town kid wanted a smaller stage. I'm still interested in the timeline/blame game he or others around him played the last 24. To me it's a weak look. 

Oh well. Time to move along for me. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm almost done. 5 years in 15 years Painter has his team playing in 2nd weekend of NCAA tourney.  5 times. I don't know. As I've said many times on here. Painter seems like a good guy. Honest it appears besides his best attempts to file for divorce in another Indiana county to hide things...

This one just doesn't make sense. Maybe a small town kid wanted a smaller stage. I'm still interested in the timeline/blame game he or others around him played the last 24. To me it's a weak look. 

Oh well. Time to move along for me. 

The main thing I like about Painter is the offense he runs.  I enjoy watching the motion offense with player and ball movement over the pick and role and ball screens that has invadeed college basketball.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The main thing I like about Painter is the offense he runs.  I enjoy watching the motion offense with player and ball movement over the pick and role and ball screens that has invadeed college basketball.

Maybe I've watched a different version of Purdue basketball the past few seasons but most of the offense was dribble and wait for Edwards to be hot on one of his 7-34 nights and hit a shot. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe I've watched a different version of Purdue basketball the past few seasons but most of the offense was dribble and wait for Edwards to be hot on one of his 7-34 nights and hit a shot. 

Maybe one year but the rest of his years it is mainly a motion offense

1 minute ago, Bob said:

I am done following these recruiting sites! I’ll root for the ones who choose IU! 

I have been telling myself that for the last couple of years.  Nothing agianst the indviduals but I am tired of seeing people with sources saying the sources are saying it is IU and then being totally wrong.  I think I would stop asking these sources for info and find more reliable ones.

So I just read some of Trey's comments and he seemed to spend a lot of time focusing on playing the 3 because that's "what the NBA wants" and to "Showcase my skills".  Noting wrong with that, but wasn't a big part of our fanbase happy to say "don't they the door hit you on the way out" to a kid who said almost the same thing earlier this year?

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe one year but the rest of his years it is mainly a motion offense

Was that the 4 year window where he didn't win a tourney game in 2013,14,15, and 16 after being on the job for 8 years? Not banging you or contributions....just honestly asking why any player would see themselves as some next level savant in that system? Caleb will be on food stamps in a few years. Edwards will be speaking mandarin soon. 

My personal feeling is Matt Painter is such a good guy deep down he can win a class over every 4-5 years and that keeps the natives happy. Archie is under a different microscope. So are the players. Some can handle. Some can't. 

TJD, Lander, Race, Hunter, Rob P, Franklin, Brunk, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo....I'll take my chances with this crew.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was that the 4 year window where he didn't win a tourney game in 2013,14,15, and 16 after being on the job for 8 years? Not banging you or contributions....just honestly asking why any player would see themselves as some next level savant in that system? Caleb will be on food stamps in a few years. Edwards will be speaking mandarin soon. 

My personal feeling is Matt Painter is such a good guy deep down he can win a class over every 4-5 years and that keeps the natives happy. Archie is under a different microscope. So are the players. Some can handle. Some can't. 

TJD, Lander, Race, Hunter, Rob P, Franklin, Brunk, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo....I'll take my chances with this crew.

Not saying I would want him to be the HC at IU just like the offense he runs.  When he has really good shooters he finds away to get them open with screens away from the ball to get good looks.

10 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

So I just read some of Trey's comments and he seemed to spend a lot of time focusing on playing the 3 because that's "what the NBA wants" and to "Showcase my skills".  Noting wrong with that, but wasn't a big part of our fanbase happy to say "don't they the door hit you on the way out" to a kid who said almost the same thing earlier this year?

I dont know Kauffman's game, but the difference with Justin Smith is that literally posses none of the skills to play the 3 and he was given an entire season to play the 3 and couldn't do it. 

1 hour ago, Colonialcrester said:

There was this indonesian hooker that I used to hire and she told me something that works well for this occasion. "It was real, it was fun but it hasn't been real fun. See you later Big Banana." (That was my nickname amongst the ladies.)

Was that a reference about your nose?  If so, that's kind of rude.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I dont know Kauffman's game, but the difference with Justin Smith is that literally posses none of the skills to play the 3 and he was given an entire season to play the 3 and couldn't do it. 

Don't want to be put in position again to where we let players dictate what position they play.  You are players and should play where ever the coach feels that is best for the team to win.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Why were we not having these same discussion 72 hours ago sinc everyone thinks Archie is a huge problem.  I tell you why it is because to many people overreact to one recruit choosing another school.  I noticed a lot of guys on here today that have not been on here in a long time.  For some reason they come today and start puncing on any negative info that comes.  it is like they strive on being the debbie downer and try to pull everyone else down to their level.

I think it's two things:

We put so many eggs in this basket only to be spurned for our rival at the last minute.

The compounding bad news regarding Mohammed and Miller.

Archived