Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

5 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Just complaining about the forums judging Trey on HIS decision.  

Something about IU fans being different than they used to be...

I woke up early and just glanced at the post,  then went back to sleep. 

Well it is true because the IU fan base isnt't as good as it use to be.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

That's BS.  If it had leaked that he was going to IU and chose IU, you would be puffing your chest out like a peacock about it.  It seems to me you are the one that has an issue.  Silly to get this upset about what a 17 year old kid does or does not do.  This is the type of stuff kids see that makes them not want to come to Indiana.

Or any other school.  Indiana is not different.  We don't have inherently worse fans, just more of them than say, Purdue. 

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well it is true because the IU fan base isnt't as good as it use to be.

Our fan base is passionate.  I think it’s an amazing fan base given the product the past 25 years.  Not sure there were forums for people to bash things back in the day, like say when Montross didn’t chose IU, or funderbuke leaving.  People put too much into what a small percentage of the fan base types on a free forum board.  

our fan base has a lot to do with the attractiveness of the program. 

2 hours ago, Threedom said:

our fan base has a lot to do with the attractiveness of the program. 

I've always felt it's best to avoid recruits who won't commit to a program because of what they see on social media. If mean tweets bother them that much, how do you think they're going to react when they have to play in front of the Paint Crew or the Izzone? 

I don't disagree when it comes to fans at our games, like the ones who start complaining about how awful we are when the other team gets the opening tip. 

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Can we all pull our funds together and get Scott a time machine for Christmas??!! 2020 has been bad for us all but 1987 called and it wants him back! Lol

Sorry Scott...just a joke! Still love how much you love IU!

Well at least you picked a good year to go back to for a IU fan.  

Basketball national championship

Football beat OSU an UM

My high school won the Newcastle sectional for the first since 1958

I still had a lot of hair

When will IU get its next national championship? Easy, when they start realizing that they are going to have to recruit outside of Terre Haute and Sellersburg. Archie Miller will not win consistently, something IU has not done for 30 years, until he realizes that the fan base is still under the impression that all the good players come from the state of Indiana. There are at least NINE teams in the Big Ten that have had more NCAA appearances than IU since 1990. IU has a winning percentage of about 59% since that time (almost the same as when Bob Knight took over. 56.9).  Signing an occassional "one and done" is not going to get you to championship level. Ala Romeo Langford etc. IU has yet to win a conference tournament title and has only been to the NCAA tournament an average of every other year since 1990.This does NOT make for national "prominence" no matter what CBS says during the Purdue/IU Sunday game of the week. You have to be competitive on a constant basis for a national audience to believe that you are truly what you say you are..ELITE. Im sure someone will come up with the old "Well, we play in the Big Ten" excuse....Michigan State is the ONLY team in the Big Ten to win a national championship in the last 20 years and that was 20 YEARS AGO.. Sorry, guys, the national Dick Vitale types might pump you up on Sunday afternoons.....but few believe what they are saying

16 minutes ago, Wildcat1 said:

When will IU get its next national championship? Easy, when they start realizing that they are going to have to recruit outside of Terre Haute and Sellersburg. Archie Miller will not win consistently, something IU has not done for 30 years, until he realizes that the fan base is still under the impression that all the good players come from the state of Indiana. There are at least NINE teams in the Big Ten that have had more NCAA appearances than IU since 1990. IU has a winning percentage of about 59% since that time (almost the same as when Bob Knight took over. 56.9).  Signing an occassional "one and done" is not going to get you to championship level. Ala Romeo Langford etc. IU has yet to win a conference tournament title and has only been to the NCAA tournament an average of every other year since 1990.This does NOT make for national "prominence" no matter what CBS says during the Purdue/IU Sunday game of the week. You have to be competitive on a constant basis for a national audience to believe that you are truly what you say you are..ELITE. Im sure someone will come up with the old "Well, we play in the Big Ten" excuse....Michigan State is the ONLY team in the Big Ten to win a national championship in the last 20 years and that was 20 YEARS AGO.. Sorry, guys, the national Dick Vitale types might pump you up on Sunday afternoons.....but few believe what they are saying

Well our day is made now that some UK fan trying to tell us how we should build our program.  I will take building the program like UVA and Villanova over Uk and Duke any day.  If we are so irrelevant why are you are on this site trying to tell us how irrelevant we are.  Go back to your wife/sister and floss your tooth.

51 minutes ago, Wildcat1 said:

Lot of misunderstandings, red herrings, and poor reasoning here. But then again, your name is literally Wildcat. 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well our day is made now that some UK fan trying to tell us how we should build our program.  I will take building the program like UVA and Villanova over Uk and Duke any day.  If we are so irrelevant why are you are on this site trying to tell us how irrelevant we are.  Go back to your wife/sister and floss your tooth.

Well, based on recent performance (and I go back 30 years) SOMEbody should help you guys out...

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Lot of misunderstandings, red herrings, and poor reasoning here. But then again, your name is literally Wildcat. 

Misunderstandings? How so? The obvious retreat of IU basketball is not something that has occurred over the last two or three years....Bob Knight was a great coach, the last five have proven incompetent at best.

1 minute ago, Wildcat1 said:

Misunderstandings? How so? The obvious retreat of IU basketball is not something that has occurred over the last two or three years....Bob Knight was a great coach, the last five have proven incompetent at best. If IU cant even be ONE of the top five teams in the Big Ten then how can they claim "elite" status ?

3 minutes ago, Wildcat1 said:

Misunderstandings? How so? The obvious retreat of IU basketball is not something that has occurred over the last two or three years....Bob Knight was a great coach, the last five have proven incompetent at best.

Dan Dakich seems to agree with me more than he does with you

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Name one statistic that I used that was "poor reasoning"... Look back over the last three decades and you will find that IU never put three good seasons back to back to back. Even Knight averaged 10 losses during his last seven years at IU and never won more than 23 games.. As Yogi Berra would have said, "you could look it up"

12 minutes ago, Wildcat1 said:

Well, based on recent performance (and I go back 30 years) SOMEbody should help you guys out...

Help from the program who has had more NCAA infractions than any program in history, no thanks. Well this terrible program has beaten your team 2 of the last 3 times we played.

Well for one feel sorry for our new UK friend because it is obvious he has no life.  What else can explain him to come over here to a program he calls irrelevant and start bashing our program.  It is obvious his wife/sister is not paying attention to him or his mother doesn't realize he is on the internet.

Archived