Jump to content

Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talked to Trey on Saturday.  He is thinking through some pretty unique stuff in what has been a frustrating summer. I've said for months that I like where IU is here, and I feel even more confide

The IU staff is really confident. And that’s not a guess. 

There is one central figure in this recruitment that is causing Nick to overreact here, and also causing the 247 guys to misreport that there is some kind of tension between Lander and Kaufman.  IU is

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Cody's family was actually being respectful to the schools involved/UNC, letting them have their last pitch. They handled Cody's recruitment with consideration and respect. Roy made that as a last pitch.

No question.  They are classy people, but I strongly suspect he knew was pretty confident where he was going before Roy touched down.  I like this simple blackout approach just a little better.  Probably only Cody knows if I'm right though.

I'm just splitting hairs here...certainly not implying Cody did anything wrong or mishandled his recruitment.  Just speculating that if he had it all to do over again, he'd likely save ol' Roy a trip.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

No question.  They are classy people, but I strongly suspect he knew was pretty confident where he was going before Roy touched down.  I like this simple blackout approach just a little better.  Probably only Cody knows if I'm right though.

I'm just splitting hairs here...certainly not implying Cody did anything wrong or mishandled his recruitment.  Just speculating that if he had it all to do over again, he'd likely save ol' Roy a trip.

Yes, Cody had already made up his mind -- the family was just giving Roy his last pitch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought by this time we'd get some solid intel, but still don't have anything credible. Props to the Kaufmans. They've been handling Trey's recruitment like pro. Wish the young man make the right choice as this is the biggest decision of his life up to this point. 

But I gotta say this though. For any kid growing up in the state of Indiana, choosing IU would be the safest bet all things considered. It's not only safe but also the most beneficial. Think about it Trey!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe it is a bad sign n what day and time his annoncement is.  Most say if you want to release news that people won't like it is best to do it it late on Friday evening.

Well, he's in school until 2:30.  Practice until 5:00 or so.  An hour to grab a bite to eat and get ready for the radio interview. I see it as scheduling around other priorities.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

My only hope tomorrow is that either way the kid chooses is that people realize he’s a kid.  There are some nasty fans from both schools and he doesn’t (nor any recruit) deserve any crap from the fans that he doesn’t choose.

Still a 9? Or has it bumped down any?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, he's in school until 2:30.  Practice until 5:00 or so.  An hour to grab a bite to eat and get ready for the radio interview. I see it as scheduling around other priorities.

It was a joke but they say 6 o'clock on friday night is the perfect news dump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe it is a bad sign n what day and time his announcement is.  Most say if you want to release news that people won't like it is best to do it it late on Friday evening.

Oh good Lord...are we really trying that hard to find signs...😂😂🤣

I guarantee he's laughing now...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • KDB changed the title to Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...