Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Cody's family was actually being respectful to the schools involved/UNC, letting them have their last pitch. They handled Cody's recruitment with consideration and respect. Roy made that as a last pitch.

No question.  They are classy people, but I strongly suspect he knew was pretty confident where he was going before Roy touched down.  I like this simple blackout approach just a little better.  Probably only Cody knows if I'm right though.

I'm just splitting hairs here...certainly not implying Cody did anything wrong or mishandled his recruitment.  Just speculating that if he had it all to do over again, he'd likely save ol' Roy a trip.

18 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

No question.  They are classy people, but I strongly suspect he knew was pretty confident where he was going before Roy touched down.  I like this simple blackout approach just a little better.  Probably only Cody knows if I'm right though.

I'm just splitting hairs here...certainly not implying Cody did anything wrong or mishandled his recruitment.  Just speculating that if he had it all to do over again, he'd likely save ol' Roy a trip.

Yes, Cody had already made up his mind -- the family was just giving Roy his last pitch.

I thought by this time we'd get some solid intel, but still don't have anything credible. Props to the Kaufmans. They've been handling Trey's recruitment like pro. Wish the young man make the right choice as this is the biggest decision of his life up to this point. 

But I gotta say this though. For any kid growing up in the state of Indiana, choosing IU would be the safest bet all things considered. It's not only safe but also the most beneficial. Think about it Trey!

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe it is a bad sign n what day and time his annoncement is.  Most say if you want to release news that people won't like it is best to do it it late on Friday evening.

Well, he's in school until 2:30.  Practice until 5:00 or so.  An hour to grab a bite to eat and get ready for the radio interview. I see it as scheduling around other priorities.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, he's in school until 2:30.  Practice until 5:00 or so.  An hour to grab a bite to eat and get ready for the radio interview. I see it as scheduling around other priorities.

It was a joke but they say 6 o'clock on friday night is the perfect news dump.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe it is a bad sign n what day and time his announcement is.  Most say if you want to release news that people won't like it is best to do it it late on Friday evening.

Oh good Lord...are we really trying that hard to find signs...😂😂🤣

I guarantee he's laughing now...

Archived