Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talked to Trey on Saturday.  He is thinking through some pretty unique stuff in what has been a frustrating summer. I've said for months that I like where IU is here, and I feel even more confide

The IU staff is really confident. And that’s not a guess. 

There is one central figure in this recruitment that is causing Nick to overreact here, and also causing the 247 guys to misreport that there is some kind of tension between Lander and Kaufman.  IU is

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

People felt similar in the Romeo recruitment too. With all the talk of Vandy and how they felt he was 100% going there in the days leading up to the announcement. Then right before the announcement started changing their tune a bit. So we'll see what happens tomorrow.  

We were confident he was picking IU. The Vandy speculation heated up towards the end because of the other kid who chose Vandy. The comparison here is actually similar in that regard -- most believe he has decided on IU, but there are PU rumors being injected late. 

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, that was probably the one mistake Cody made in his recruitment...letting Roy waste his time when he already was pretty confident where he was going (just IMO).  Cody was just too nice there.  He should have said like Trey that he had all the information he needed and wasn't taking any more calls/visits, etc.

Cody's family was actually being respectful to the schools involved/UNC, letting them have their last pitch. They handled Cody's recruitment with consideration and respect. Roy made that as a last pitch.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Cody's family was actually being respectful to the schools involved/UNC, letting them have their last pitch. They handled Cody's recruitment with consideration and respect. Roy made that as a last pitch.

No question.  They are classy people, but I strongly suspect he knew was pretty confident where he was going before Roy touched down.  I like this simple blackout approach just a little better.  Probably only Cody knows if I'm right though.

I'm just splitting hairs here...certainly not implying Cody did anything wrong or mishandled his recruitment.  Just speculating that if he had it all to do over again, he'd likely save ol' Roy a trip.

18 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

No question.  They are classy people, but I strongly suspect he knew was pretty confident where he was going before Roy touched down.  I like this simple blackout approach just a little better.  Probably only Cody knows if I'm right though.

I'm just splitting hairs here...certainly not implying Cody did anything wrong or mishandled his recruitment.  Just speculating that if he had it all to do over again, he'd likely save ol' Roy a trip.

Yes, Cody had already made up his mind -- the family was just giving Roy his last pitch.

I thought by this time we'd get some solid intel, but still don't have anything credible. Props to the Kaufmans. They've been handling Trey's recruitment like pro. Wish the young man make the right choice as this is the biggest decision of his life up to this point. 

But I gotta say this though. For any kid growing up in the state of Indiana, choosing IU would be the safest bet all things considered. It's not only safe but also the most beneficial. Think about it Trey!

• KDB changed the title to Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue