Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why are people putting so much stock in one AAU game? Yes Furst didn’t play well but that doesn’t take away what he had done over the past few years. I think Furst is more physically-developed than Kaufman and has a higher floor. I think Kaufman is still growing into his body and it could take time for him to teach that potential whereas Furst is already pretty close to his potential IMO. 

To me it’s not just one AAU game. Every single stat except for rebounds Kaufman is better and in a much tougher division or class or however it is in Indiana high school basketball. To me Kaufman grew into his body this offseason already. So he wasn’t grown into his body and he still outperformed Furst overall in the season. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d like to think he’d be the type who would think it’d be cool to team up with all the other Indiana stars that have made their way to Bloomington under Archie and work together to say let’s own this state and bring IU back to where it’s supposed to be. There’s either that, or feels like he’d rather not be a part of keeping the Mr. Basketball streak alive, go somewhere where he thinks he might be able to have a bigger spotlight (which I think he would have just as big at IU), and go to PU. He seems like such a good kid, I’m hoping he would choose teaming up with his buddies who he is familiar with rather than trying to “go against the grain” if you will, by going his own separate way. I’m not saying he should go to IU just because all the other guys did...he should definitely do what he thinks is best for him....but I think the situation he would have at IU would be hard to pass up. 

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why are people putting so much stock in one AAU game? Yes Furst didn’t play well but that doesn’t take away what he had done over the past few years. I think Furst is more physically-developed than Kaufman and has a higher floor. I think Kaufman is still growing into his body and it could take time for him to teach that potential whereas Furst is already pretty close to his potential IMO. 

what exactly does "has a higher floor" mean?

5 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

I think he is saying that the worst case scenario for Furst is higher than the worst case scenario for Kaufman

I am just flipping "higher ceiling" definition around...

I knew what he meant, just never heard of someone having a higher floor. Maybe he has a higher wall too. I kid, i kid...

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe it is a bad sign n what day and time his annoncement is.  Most say if you want to release news that people won't like it is best to do it it late on Friday evening.

This is a very IU-centric way of looking at it, which our fanbase has a tendency to do. It won't be news that people don't like for the program that gets him. 

Archived