Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talked to Trey on Saturday.  He is thinking through some pretty unique stuff in what has been a frustrating summer. I've said for months that I like where IU is here, and I feel even more confide

The IU staff is really confident. And that’s not a guess. 

There is one central figure in this recruitment that is causing Nick to overreact here, and also causing the 247 guys to misreport that there is some kind of tension between Lander and Kaufman.  IU is

Posted Images

I had to make a comment here and not just keep reading. If TK does end up at Purdue, I think it's interesting what Coach Painter has done lately with recruiting. I got to know Coach Painter on a professional level a few years back and I came away thinking I was surprised he doesn't get elite level recruiting classes every year. We ribbed each other a bit about IU/Purdue, but I could see how people can relate to him.

5 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

I've felt he has been looking around for reasons not to commit to Indiana for awhile now.  Seems he would have pulled the trigger a couple months ago otherwise.  I also feel like he's kept our recruiting in a sort of purgatory while awaiting his decision because the other chips would fall afterwards.

This is how I've felt for quite awhile now.

• Like 2

Really hate social media and how it just a place for a lot of mis information.  We get this coming out that it was leaked that Trey committed to Purdue.  Then we hear it is fake news and it didn't happen and now someone said Rabjohns says it is not looking good.  This is the new version as the World Turns and recruiting is getting way out of hand.

For a month or so I did not have a good feeling that we would get Trey because of the comment of can't make everyone happy with your decisions.  Then when he said he thought that the offense Purdue runs is the best fit for him.  I also believed if he was a big IU lean he would have committed earlier and it seemed he wa slooking at others.  I hope I am wrong but I still see him going to Purdue and if he does then it is time to move on and get another good player.

• Like 1

A couple of Purdue guys are laughing their arses off because they posted some baloney and sent this forum into a panic.

C’mon guys. We are better than this and have been here before. Not meaning to offend anyone but act like we have. Act like we are the fan base of the preeminent program in the state.

Let Trey have his moment in the spotlight. Regardless, show the family that as a collective whole we have more class than this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Boilershame said:

He grew up his whole life around people who worship IU and Bobby Knight.  99.99% of everyone in Clark County Indiana bleed red and white.  There are like 2 Purdue fans, me being one.  Its IU all the way and I am ok with it.  We got Furst, who grew up in Fort Wayne, a Purdue stronghold.  He has so much IU influence in his life.  Its a lock.

Appreciate the troll. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Boilershame said:

He grew up his whole life around people who worship IU and Bobby Knight.  99.99% of everyone in Clark County Indiana bleed red and white.  There are like 2 Purdue fans, me being one.  Its IU all the way and I am ok with it.  We got Furst, who grew up in Fort Wayne, a Purdue stronghold.  He has so much IU influence in his life.  Its a lock.

No where near close to 99%

I would say until we see actual insiders locally and nationally come out and change their picks we should just relax.  Again IU basketball is not about one recruit and we lost many recruits over the years and it did not bring the program down.  I wish I did not follow recruiting so much because it would just seem to be better to just worry about the current team and players.  We have a season that is to start in a month and no one is even tlakign abut the players who actually chose to play for IU.  Found out today we are playing at FSU in the ACC/Big Ten challenge so we are getting some schule news so lets focus on this season.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

The two most reliable insiders I know are still saying IU. I’m not going to worry 

I would say the same thing but someone said Rabjohn said something about not looking good.  Don't know if this istrue but if he did then I think this has some legs.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t consider Rabby all that reliable. Seems like he wants some clicks

Yeah the guy who spoke to Trey's mom personally tonight and then said "It doesn't look good" for IU isn't reliable. Lol. It's over. Move onto Mason Miller.

• KDB changed the title to Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue