Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I seriously doubt that this is a 'trick' by Trey.  If you knew him, you would know it's not remotely close to his style. It's either true, and an unfortunate leak occurred.  Or, it's a massive troll job.  And, that would not mean it was conjured up by a Purdue fan.  It could be the creation of an IU fan that wanted to make Purdue the butt of the joke.

Someone deserves to bear the brunt of your irritation, but I don't think it's Trey.

my 2 cents: 

I do not support him doing something like this, but even if Trey did play a prank... he is like 17. We are the adults overreacting... 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talked to Trey on Saturday.  He is thinking through some pretty unique stuff in what has been a frustrating summer. I've said for months that I like where IU is here, and I feel even more confide

The IU staff is really confident. And that’s not a guess. 

There is one central figure in this recruitment that is causing Nick to overreact here, and also causing the 247 guys to misreport that there is some kind of tension between Lander and Kaufman.  IU is

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, JcityHoosier said:

I've met people that didn't know Notre Dame was in Indiana 

So have I but I think its because ND has a more elite kind of status and is in maybe their own mind like Washington DC its one thing.  I get that but there is no reason to know what state Purdue is in, why would anyone care or take the time to look it up. Unless its to see the list of schools to have never won a real NCAA Mens basketball championship

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I just have to say if this is a trick, conjured up by TK, it won’t sit well with me. Even if he picks IU and Purdue is at the butt end of the joke. That wouldn’t show much character, IMO.

I don;t know the kid but know lots of people close to him he is not the type to do that. He respects the game, the time coaches have put into his game and even more so the time college coaches have devoted to recruiting him to do anything like that. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I thought that burned down.

Speaking of this, I showed my midwestern roots when I first heard that the cathedral of Notre Dame was burning and my first thought was of the basilica at the University of Notre Dame... only someone from Indiana 😁

To be fair to myself, my colleague said Notre Dame with the American pronunciation - which I associate with the university.

EDIT: Not to compare it to Notre Dame de Paris, but the basilica at the university is beautiful and worth a stop if you happen to be in South Bend.

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, GaloisGroupe said:

my 2 cents: 

I do not support him doing something like this, but even if Trey did play a prank... he is like 17. We are the adults overreacting... 

If he is such a great kid with upstanding character, (which I am sure he is).. none of this happens on his watch, especially if he has anything to say about it and on Archie's Birthday. That would be like getting swift kick in the "pelotas"!!!!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

If he is such a great kid with upstanding character, (which I am sure he is).. none of this happens on his watch, especially if he has anything to say about it and on Archie's Birthday. That would be like getting swift kick in the "pelotas"!!!!

I guess... I considered myself a good kid with good character and I did stupid things without thinking about the consequences at 17 (even well into my 20's... even occasionally today).

These athletes have a spotlight on them and blows things out of proportion.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Shapopojoe said:

IMO, these last second recruiting dramas will continue until we are able to reach national prominence again and start being the go-to school for in-state talent.....Unfortunately, we are not that option at this point

Again we have gotten the majority of the Indiana kids so losing one does not ruin all the work that Archie has done the last 3 years.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

What if Geronimo is better????......

Exactly.  Trey may or may not come, but how many guys did we miss out on when we had Victor Oladipo sitting on our team thinking "woe is me"?  If some crazy flip-flop of fortune occurs and Trey ends up popping for IU, awesome.  If he doesn't, we still have some guys on the roster who are going to be around for a few years who may make us forget about him.  I would not trade Oladipo for the guys we thought we missed out on, maybe we will be able to say the same for Geronimo or even Hunter.  I mean, people were saying he was every bit as solid as Langford before he got hurt.  That guy could have a break out year and solidify the spot Trey is looking to fill.

As far as the interior, I know everyone is saying TJD is done after this year, but he is one kid where economics should not be a big factor.  If he is projected as low first round or high second, he may get the advice to stick around one more year and push for draft lottery.  Who knows?  (And yes, I know conventional wisdom is "he gone".)

Edited by IUCrazy2

I will say, this thread has been a nice bit of normalcy in a very unusual time.  HSN writing a Game of Thrones novel about a four star in-state recruit who’s a cross between Ghandi, Mother Teresa, and Albert Einstein, and who’s probably committing somewhere else... Feels just like the good old days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I don't think he released any kind of fake anything. I think a couple of idiots did it as a joke. Will he choose PU? Maybe he will but I don't think it has anything to do with last night at all. 

To me it is more of saving face and to me there is to many things point out that it is Purdue

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Curious if you can elaborate on the “you aren’t remembered at Purdue” comment? 

Probably means that if you play at Indiana and you are frm the state you will always be remembered.  Also after yout career you will be able to get any job you want since there are a lot of alumni out there that can help you

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Did the supposed leaked video/audio get played on the same radio station that his announcement was supposed to be on? And if so was it at 6pm? If that is the case then it definitely seems like a mishap but the real video. 

No, he was at Jeff making the audio. Someone supposedly heard and leaked.

3 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Did the supposed leaked video/audio get played on the same radio station that his announcement was supposed to be on? And if so was it at 6pm? If that is the case then it definitely seems like a mishap but the real video. 

Yep same station. 

• KDB changed the title to Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue