Jump to content

Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talked to Trey on Saturday.  He is thinking through some pretty unique stuff in what has been a frustrating summer. I've said for months that I like where IU is here, and I feel even more confide

The IU staff is really confident. And that’s not a guess. 

There is one central figure in this recruitment that is causing Nick to overreact here, and also causing the 247 guys to misreport that there is some kind of tension between Lander and Kaufman.  IU is

Posted Images

I definitely think we will more than survive without him. He seems like a good kid and I wish him well. I just can’t stand ALL of the PU fans that I personally know who will spend their time giving me and IU crap about not getting him, rather than spending their time being happy for themselves about him being on their team. Literally happens with them every time. It’s like the “IU Sucks” chant that they do even when they aren’t playing IU. They get off more on IU’s failures/misses than their own success. Just annoying as heck. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because he said he fit the motion offense of Purdue the best.  I said that our offense was a con for Trey to pick us not that it was a bad offense.

Understood.  Shooting solves a lot, but it’s still been ugly.  Also someone on here mentioned Trey commenting on CAM focusing his recruitment on highlights of TJD while considering himself a much different type of player.  If that is true that is very unfortunate that we were not able to identify that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I definitely think we will more than survive without him. He seems like a good kid and I wish him well. I just can’t stand ALL of the PU fans that I personally know who will spend their time giving me and IU crap about not getting him, rather than spending their time being happy for themselves about him being on their team. Literally happens with them every time. It’s like the “IU Sucks” chant that they do even when they aren’t playing IU. They get off more on IU’s failures/misses than their own success. Just annoying as heck. 

Where and when I grew up my one team I truly hated was Purdue and it is still that way today.  Someof my friends were Purdue fans and they would ge ton me when Purdue won which was often with Keady there.  The thing they could never say is they won a championship so I have always hed that over their heads.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Threedom said:

Understood.  Shooting solves a lot, but it’s still been ugly.  Also someone on here mentioned Trey commenting on CAM focusing his recruitment on highlights of TJD while considering himself a much different type of player.  If that is true that is very unfortunate that we were not able to identify that. 

They should have shown him how often we got Justin Smith open behind the arc :coffee:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Threedom said:

Understood.  Shooting solves a lot, but it’s still been ugly.  Also someone on here mentioned Trey commenting on CAM focusing his recruitment on highlights of TJD while considering himself a much different type of player.  If that is true that is very unfortunate that we were not able to identify that. 

Maybe Trey doesn't see them as the same type but maybe the coaches see that.  Most players have a hard time identifying themselves and what is the best for them as a player.  Most players only look at what will help them get to the NBA and they think they are all guards who can play on the perimeter.  Trey does shoot better from the outside than TJD does but other than that they are similar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Where and when I grew up my one team I truly hated was Purdue and it is still that way today.  Someof my friends were Purdue fans and they would ge ton me when Purdue won which was often with Keady there.  The thing they could never say is they won a championship so I have always hed that over their heads.

Yep I tell them the championship thing too and they just laugh and say “yeah that was like 50 years ago, big deal..”...I was only 1 year old in 87 when we won our last one, so most of the PU guys I know just act immature about it and say things like “oh those don’t count, those were ages ago. We’ve owned you guys for a long time now”, which is still not even that accurate. Just because Archie hasn’t been able to figure it out they have been using just these last few years as their way of saying they own us...which is just down right ridiculous and immature on their part. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, iucane said:

Has known PU for 2 weeks

That's what was being reported that he said last night. Sounds like that was legit. He and his friend screwed up and accidentally leaked what they are trying to keep secret until today. So his outrage post today seems disingenuous. They screwed up, don't blame others.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, go_iu_bb said:

That's what was being reported that he said last night. Sounds like that was legit. He and his friend screwed up and accidentally leaked what they are trying to keep secret until today. So his outrage post today seems disingenuous. They screwed up, don't blame others.

I didn't listen to his presser. Did it come across that way they were blaming others on social media but it was themselves who made the mistake? After his name and likeness comment this morning I'm just confused on this kid. 

Everyone says small town great kid...but just curious how he answered or sounded when answering. Thanks in advance if you care to share. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

That's what was being reported that he said last night. Sounds like that was legit. He and his friend screwed up and accidentally leaked what they are trying to keep secret until today. So his outrage post today seems disingenuous. They screwed up, don't blame others.

To be fair, it leaked because a Purdue fan who didn't know what day of the week it was just happened to be listening. 

 

But I agree, not sure why any type of recording the day before was necessary if he was going to be there tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Yep I tell them the championship thing too and they just laugh and say “yeah that was like 50 years ago, big deal..”...I was only 1 year old in 87 when we won our last one, so most of the PU guys I know just act immature about it and say things like “oh those don’t count, those were ages ago. We’ve owned you guys for a long time now”, which is still not even that accurate. Just because Archie hasn’t been able to figure it out they have been using just these last few years as their way of saying they own us...which is just down right ridiculous and immature on their part. 

But Archie does have to start beating Purdue, and prove that he can contend for a B10 title. He's got at least 2 years in my eyes, possibly longer because of the pandemic. The slow incremental improvements only play for so long. He's got pretty much all of "his" players now...time for some results.

As for Trey Kaufman, good luck kid...but I hope we make you regret this decision every time we play you...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Yep I tell them the championship thing too and they just laugh and say “yeah that was like 50 years ago, big deal..”...I was only 1 year old in 87 when we won our last one, so most of the PU guys I know just act immature about it and say things like “oh those don’t count, those were ages ago. We’ve owned you guys for a long time now”, which is still not even that accurate. Just because Archie hasn’t been able to figure it out they have been using just these last few years as their way of saying they own us...which is just down right ridiculous and immature on their part. 

Well I grew up in the 70's and 80's so when i was telling them about the championships they were happening at that time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I grew up in the 70's and 80's so when i was telling them about the championships they were happening at that time.

Right, understood. I’m sure the PU fans back then at the time were a lot more understanding to the championship point and knew when to shut their mouths a little more, ha. I’m about to be 35 and the 35 year old PU fans I know act like they’re 12. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IUrocker said:

Right, understood. I’m sure the PU fans back then at the time were a lot more understanding to the championship point and knew when to shut their mouths a little more, ha. I’m about to be 35 and the 35 year old PU fans I know act like they’re 12. 

They are jealous and tell your friends at least IU has been to the final four in their lifetimes where Purdue hasn't

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I didn't listen to his presser. Did it come across that way they were blaming others on social media but it was themselves who made the mistake? After his name and likeness comment this morning I'm just confused on this kid. 

Everyone says small town great kid...but just curious how he answered or sounded when answering. Thanks in advance if you care to share. 

 

It was being reported last night that they broadcasted for a few minutes. In that time Kaifman said he was going to Purdue and had known for 2 weeks. That last part is enough to tell me that there likely was a broadcast. If not then, them who?

And yes, his post totally sounds like he's blaming others.

You can disagree with me, that's fine. I even may be wrong but I don't think so. How else would internet randos know the bit about "2 weeks"? Just lucky hugs and he also happens to mention it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Right, understood. I’m sure the PU fans back then at the time were a lot more understanding to the championship point and knew when to shut their mouths a little more, ha. I’m about to be 35 and the 35 year old PU fans I know act like they’re 12. 

Purdue fans, collectively, have a chip on their shoulder. It stems from the belief that deep down, they know they'll never be the best at anything or have anything that anyone else would covet. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

It was being reported last night that they broadcasted for a few minutes. In that time Kaifman said he was going to Purdue and had known for 2 weeks. That last part is enough to tell me that there likely was a broadcast. If not then, them who?

And yes, his post totally sounds like he's blaming others.

You can disagree with me, that's fine. I even may be wrong but I don't think so. How else would internet randos know the bit about "2 weeks"? Just lucky hugs and he also happens to mention it? 

Oh I don't disagree with you a bit. Was just trying to paint a timeline. If I'm wrong please someone come along and correct me. He knew Purdue 2 weeks ago. Accepted Facetime from coaches at IU yesterday or Wednesday. His video was released early....he blamed others on social media this morning? Is this correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...