Jump to content

Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue


KDB
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

I think it's two things:

We put so many eggs in this basket only to be spurned for our rival at the last minute.

The compounding bad news regarding Mohammed and Miller.

 

What is the bad news about Miler because i have not seen it.  Also if we learn anything we should not go by what we hear on yth einternet abut recruits because it has been shown it can be wrong many times.

Edited by IU Scott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well the app I get sports alerts the Score has nothing about this commitment and ESPN doesn't either.  I guess nationally this wa snot a huge deal since no one is reporting it.  Both had the UM commitment

In the big scheme of the things, this was a 4 star decision. We just made it bigger. HSN has made small fry into big fry since we started...along with a bunch of other sites.  I don't even remember all the so-so players we made great with 100+ pages.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colonialcrester said:

In the big scheme of the things, this was a 4 star decision. We just made it bigger. HSN has made small fry into big fry since we started...along with a bunch of other sites.  I don't even remember all the so-so players we made great with 100+ pages.

I guess you really wanted to make this point clear LOL!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What is the bad news about Miler because i have not seen it.  Also if we learn anything we should not go by what we hear on yth einternet abut recruits because it has been shown it can be wrong many times.

Not looking good according to Assembly Call.

Another thing we hopefully learn is to only hold out for one guy until the very end. Everyone else should be told to **** or get off the pot if others who want to be here want to commit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sea Turtle said:

Not looking good according to Assembly Call.

Another thing we hopefully learn is to only hold out for one guy until the very end. Everyone else should be told to **** or get off the pot if others who want to be here want to commit. 

I listened to them last night and never heard them mentioned him.  Heard them say that about Trey and Muhammad but not Miller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Waiting for Boiler to chime in, this is his usual timing.....

boiler is more respectful to this board and IU in general than half of the people on this board. Snarky little comments like this aren’t necessary because he’s a PU fan. Even when people are rude to him he takes it on the chin and remains nice. You’re better than this.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

boiler is more respectful to this board and IU in general than half of the people on this board. Snarky little comments like this aren’t necessary because he’s a PU fan. Even when people are rude to him he takes it on the chin and remains nice. You’re better than this.

Come on man, so we’re not allowed to bust PU chops? PU FU!

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Come on man, so we’re not allowed to bust PU chops? PU FU!

Oh definitely when it’s fun and goofing around but there are certain people who constantly do it in a way that’s not joking around and to me that’s where this board needs to be better than that. The way people are acting because we didn’t get a 17 year old kid is embarrassing and certain people are focused on being disrespectful to a guy who doesn’t deserve it. I’ve had multiple conversations with Boiler in private and he’s a great guy and I will always defend people who deserve being treated respectfully regardless of their favorite team. He has stated he comes to this board because he likes the people and it’s better than other boards including Purdue ones. Rant over.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Oh definitely when it’s fun and goofing around but there are certain people who constantly do it in a way that’s not joking around and to me that’s where this board needs to be better than that. The way people are acting because we didn’t get a 17 year old kid is embarrassing and certain people are focused on being disrespectful to a guy who doesn’t deserve it. I’ve had multiple conversations with Boiler in private and he’s a great guy and I will always defend people who deserve being treated respectfully regardless of their favorite team. He has stated he comes to this board because he likes the people and it’s better than other boards including Purdue ones. Rant over.

These boards are about sports and schools and rivalries. Ok some fans of other schools come to our boards because their fans blow. I respect that. But IU fans etc don’t like PU. So on the day they steal a recruit, I say FU to PU

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just was thinking about how big of a fraud that the Crystal Ball is.  Pregs since May had TK going to IU and even upped his confidence a few days ago.  Today he changed his pick to PU and will be credited to getting the pick correct.  Jerry Myer I don't think ever put a.pick in until a couple of hours before TK announcement and will get credit for being correct.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just was thinking about how big of a fraud that the Crystal Ball is.  Pregs since May had TK going to IU and even upped his confidence a few days ago.  Today he changed his pick to PU and will be credited to getting the pick correct.  Jerry Myer I don't think ever put a.pick in until a couple of hours before TK announcement and will get credit for being correct.

Exactly. These guys don’t know much about recruiting any more than what we do/ read about. As soon as TK’s mom got involved I was embarrassed for them and us and knew it was true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My gut should be awarded with a correct pick since last month I had the feeling he wasn't coming to IU 

I agree. IU leans seem to go for it. Those are the players IU desperately needs. There’s high recruits then there’s program changers. IU needs program changers. We’ve got guys in the team now that’ll probably be on the team for a while. I think we’ll all be happy sooner than later. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

I agree. IU leans seem to go for it. Those are the players IU desperately needs. There’s high recruits then there’s program changers. IU needs program changers. We’ve got guys in the team now that’ll probably be on the team for a while. I think we’ll all be happy sooner than later. 

Forgive the typos. IU is heading upward, don’t let PU get us down. Archie has to start BEATING Pu on the floor, that’s all I care about. Then TK will really regret it. That’s one thing we haven’t done at all...BEAT PU!!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just was thinking about how big of a fraud that the Crystal Ball is.  Pregs since May had TK going to IU and even upped his confidence a few days ago.  Today he changed his pick to PU and will be credited to getting the pick correct.  Jerry Myer I don't think ever put a.pick in until a couple of hours before TK announcement and will get credit for being correct.

Complete scams

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

My gut should be awarded with a correct pick since last month I had the feeling he wasn't coming to IU 

You did, I recall... I just hope your gut says IU for the two out of state kids that we’re going after. I still think that Miller and Aminu would be a great haul along with Duncomb. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just was thinking about how big of a fraud that the Crystal Ball is.  Pregs since May had TK going to IU and even upped his confidence a few days ago.  Today he changed his pick to PU and will be credited to getting the pick correct.  Jerry Myer I don't think ever put a.pick in until a couple of hours before TK announcement and will get credit for being correct.

The crystal ball and paid walls are a joke. Just about everything you need to know on recruits, you can get via Twitter. I still believe in several posters here, because kids just aren’t conclusive like adults. Our thought process is much different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

You did, I recall... I just hope your gut says IU for the two out of state kids that we’re going after. I still think that Miller and Aminu would be a great haul along with Duncomb. 

Actually about 3 weeks ago this was my prediction.

Trey to UVA wrong

Muhammad to IU ?

Miller to Creighton ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mentioned this in the happy birthday coach thread but thinks it needs to be said here because it's directly related. The culture that was allowed to fester around Devonte green and Justin Smith cost this recruit. This kid is Indiana basketball through and through. Listen to what he said about the way Purdue plays offense and defense. Their mantra is play hard. IU basketball is trending in the right direction but allowing those two and those attitudes to stay on the team probably set the program back a year or two.

Thankfully I think there's enough key and core pieces on this team to start revealing the culture that Archie Miller wants to display here as Indiana basketball.  Smart,tough-minded, team first players.  I think this team is going to surprise.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I mentioned this in the happy birthday coach thread but thinks it needs to be said here because it's directly related. The culture that was allowed to fester around Devonte green and Justin Smith cost this recruit. This kid is Indiana basketball through and through. Listen to what he said about the way Purdue plays offense and defense. Their mantra is play hard. IU basketball is trending in the right direction but allowing those two and those attitudes to stay on the team probably set the program back a year or two.

Thankfully I think there's enough key and core pieces on this team to start revealing the culture that Archie Miller wants to display here as Indiana basketball.  Smart,tough-minded, team first players.  I think this team is going to surprise.

A lot of truth in that. In retrospect, telling a few players Tom Cream recruited to look elsewhere might have helped our overall progression.

Wonder what CAM would say if asked directly?

Welp, water under the bridge I guess. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...