Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

I must have caught Jacobi on a bad day because the two I saw him in person he was not good at all.

And, to clarify, you saw two games on the exact same day.  So, if he was sick, it would have effected both games.  

When I get home tonight, I may try to find his AAU stats from last summer.  Jacobi was on a team (Under Armour) with Blake Wesley and I'm pretty sure Jacobi led the team in scoring.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Just because he is a teammate of Trey Kaufmann... if Kooper Jacobi was 6'8-6'9 I would want him no questions asked. 

Let's hypothetically say that no one leaves except for Damezi and Lander comes in 2020... we would have 4 spots for '21- I would sleep very, very easily if we grabbed Kaufman, 2 of Wesley/Goode/Barnhizer and Kooper Jacobi. 

He's avg 17p 8r right now and you want to talk about a winner. Shew 

'Winner' is a great description of Jacobi.  He often gets overshadowed by Kaufman, but there is not an ounce of jealousy there.  He's also a top student and a great kid.  He will succeed wherever he lands.

Just now, 5fouls said:

'Winner' is a great description of Jacobi.  He often gets overshadowed by Kaufman, but there is not an ounce of jealousy there.  He's also a top student and a great kid.  He will succeed wherever he lands.

Oh I know. I watch his film... and I'm just thinking, should we be ok with letting him go somewhere else? I just don't know if we should with the other talent we are going to have. He would probably RS as a FR, honestly. (if he would accept that role). Probably wouldn't see any sort of significant mins until his RS SO or Jr year... but he could be 6'6-6'7 230lbs and will have a legit spot up three by then, he has nice length.. he's a dog on the glass and lose balls are always his. He is never out of position, he makes the extra pass. 

If we want to get old and stay old... Galloways, Jacobis, Barnhizers of the world are the ones we're really going to have to do our HW on. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh I know. I watch his film... and I'm just thinking, should we be ok with letting him go somewhere else? I just don't know if we should with the other talent we are going to have. He would probably RS as a FR, honestly. (if he would accept that role). Probably wouldn't see any sort of significant mins until his RS SO or Jr year... but he could be 6'6-6'7 230lbs and will have a legit spot up three by then, he has nice length.. he's a dog on the glass and lose balls are always his. He is never out of position, he makes the extra pass. 

If we want to get old and stay old... Galloways, Jacobis, Barnhizers of the world are the ones we're really going to have to do our HW on. 

Sounds like he'll end up at Wisconsin  :coffee:

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Just because he is a teammate of Trey Kaufmann... if Kooper Jacobi was 6'8-6'9 I would want him no questions asked. 

Let's hypothetically say that no one leaves except for Damezi and Lander comes in 2020... we would have 4 spots for '21- I would sleep very, very easily if we grabbed Kaufman, 2 of Wesley/Goode/Barnhizer and Kooper Jacobi. 

He's avg 17p 8r right now and you want to talk about a winner. Shew 

I would sleep easier with a true center, Kaufman, Wesley, and Barnhizer. I don’t sleep easy thinking about trying to replace Trayce, Smith, Brunk after next year and Race the following. I’ve really loved having depth at the 4/5.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I would sleep easier with a true center, Kaufman, Wesley, and Barnhizer. I don’t sleep easy thinking about trying to replace Trayce, Smith, Brunk after next year and Race the following. I’ve really loved having depth at the 4/5.

Yeah, that's probably true.... I forgot Duncomb. So, Duncomb, Kaufman, Jacobi and one of Good/Wesley/Barnhizer... I'm good with that. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah, that's probably true.... I forgot Duncomb. So, Duncomb, Kaufman, Jacobi and one of Good/Wesley/Barnhizer... I'm good with that. 

What about Muhammad because I would probably take him over the other wings or guards you are talking about.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I know Duncomb is climbing and maybe I’m picky but I’d rather have a shot blocker and rim runner honestly. Maybe he will grow still I don’t know but I would sacrifice scoring from my big for shot blocking/rebounding and garbage points and let my other 4 operate the rest of the court. I mean Trayce is probably close to the ideal 5 for me and hard to expect much better back to the basket game but even if my five isn’t as offensive minded I ok. I want an eraser at the other end and make it difficult for others to operate inside. Duncomb seems to not be quite that but hopefully he will give us what we need.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I know Duncomb is climbing and maybe I’m picky but I’d rather have a shot blocker and rim runner honestly. Maybe he will grow still I don’t know but I would sacrifice scoring from my big for shot blocking/rebounding and garbage points and let my other 4 operate the rest of the court. I mean Trayce is probably close to the ideal 5 for me and hard to expect much better back to the basket game but even if my five isn’t as offensive minded I ok. I want an eraser at the other end and make it difficult for others to operate inside. Duncomb seems to not be quite that but hopefully he will give us what we need.

What is funny about Muhammad because he seems to be a very legit player

Just now, IU Scott said:

What about Muhammad because I would probably take him over the other wings or guards you are talking about.

So many good ones. At this point Muhammad or Wesley with a shooter, Kaufman and Big. I still want that knock down shooter. But we have great options next year!

Just now, dgambill said:

So many good ones. At this point Muhammad or Wesley with a shooter, Kaufman and Big. I still want that knock down shooter. But we have great options next year!

I guess it depends on how many openings we have for 2021.  I guess it starts if anyone leaves after the season and whether or not that Lander reclassifies.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess it depends on how many openings we have for 2021.  I guess it starts if anyone leaves after the season and whether or not that Lander reclassifies.

I mentioned my hypothetical scenario... I believe it is the most likely scenario, as well. 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Please re-read my post. Alllllll I said was "I would sleep very, very easily if we ended up with that class".... that's it. Did not mention that I didn't want Muhammad. 

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Lander likely takes a spot 21 regardless of class...more depends on early departures. I would be happy if we only lost one to transfer but wouldn’t be surprised if Trayce goes pro so could be another spot. I won’t worry about numbers it will work out. I want Kaufman next and then the best big and shooter we can get. If there is another spot I won’t worry. We have a strong cast of players coming in with Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo. I’m not as worried about another wing as I am about keeping Bigs and point guard positions stocked.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Lander likely takes a spot 21 regardless of class...more depends on early departures. I would be happy if we only lost one to transfer but wouldn’t be surprised if Trayce goes pro so could be another spot. I won’t worry about numbers it will work out. I want Kaufman next and then the best big and shooter we can get. If there is another spot I won’t worry. We have a strong cast of players coming in with Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo. I’m not as worried about another wing as I am about keeping Bigs and point guard positions stocked.

Lander, Kaufman, Duncomb is where I start then work out from there.

Archived