Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Trey played on a team last season with two highly skilled senior guards.  He wasn't needed on the perimiter.  You may see more perimiter play next season.

This is true. Northern will be as good next year as either SR was this year though.. just with less experience though. 

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Not bothered by contact, willing passer (especially effective out of the post, but passes well in the high-low too), runs the floor and shows well, nice hands and scores from all three levels.

His outside shot doesn't have a quick release, but if you leave him alone, he's shown he can definitely hit from behind the arc.  Didn't see elite athleticism and other than a couple of blocks in the highlight reel, I know very little about his defense...but Archie can teach defense.  Considering what coach Galloway said about him, I suspect he'd be very good in the pack-line once he got the hang of it.

...and I like that he's not rail-thin as a soph...mature body for his age.  I'd absolutely take him.  Doubt he'd be a flashy player, but I think he'd be very effective at the college level.  Not a player I'd want to face as a junior or senior.

Plays pretty decent defense. I've been able to see him in HS games 4 or 5 times last season. They play a pretty good schedule down here against the likes of Jeff, FC, and New Albany even though they are 3A. He is only going to improve and will be relied upon a little more next year. Still a powerful team coming back with a real shot at back to back State titles. I think he would fit in real well with what CAM is trying to do.

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

I’m big fan of the kid hope he is Hoosier! Not sure if he grew up and IU fan or not?

The school takes great pride in having Steve Green as an alum. IU has a great fanbase here in SouInd. Just look at how they pack them in every year at Hubers.

5 hours ago, Madison22 said:

In 2 seasons at IU, Jefferies shot 45% from the field.  14 points 7 rebounds per game. 

Listed at 6' 11" with the usual "shoes or no shoes" disclaimer.

Dropped 24 and 15 to help beat Duke.

I forgot he was recruited by Knight, but never played for him.

His Wiki page:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Jeffries

Jared Jefferies.JPG

Plus, I love his fishing show!

I think we have to remember Trey is just a sophomore. Everyone remembers JJ as a senior playing at North or at IU but I’d say their skill levels at that age we’re pretty even. JJ played with Sean May down low so he got to play more on the perimeter by the time he got to IU but I think Trey could be every bit as talented in the end.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That’s awesome!! Hope he did it in front of the whole camp! That would be memorable. I also agree with the article...his passing out of the post is incredible.

Here's another story on the offer.  Kind of feel as it happened in front of the camp. But can't say for sure, since the story just says the offer came during the camp. Regardless, I am sure the entire camp knows about the offer now. 

IU Basketball: Trey Kaufman (Silver Creek) Offered, In-State 4-Star 2021 PF

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That’s awesome!! Hope he did it in front of the whole camp! That would be memorable. I also agree with the article...his passing out of the post is incredible.

According to his MaxPreps page (below), his assist to turnover ratio was 2.26:1.  For a post player, that's extremely strong.  Had one game where he finished an assist short of a triple double.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/trey-kaufman/m_7-dFadEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm#year=18-19

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

According to his MaxPreps page (below), his assist to turnover ratio was 2.26:1.  For a post player, that's extremely strong.  Had one game where he finished an assist short of a triple double.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/trey-kaufman/m_7-dFadEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm#year=18-19

Now that Trey has been offered. This is good stuff to know.  Thanks for the contribution 5. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

That is really the part of his game that I liked the most when I've watched him play. He had that real good anticipation of where the cutter is going to be and fired it in there. Really good going over the top also. I've seen him hit some outside shots if left open. Good form, good lift. He and fellow teammate Kooper Jacobi will be tough to handle this year. Kooper will garner some D1 attention this coming season.

8 minutes ago, Moyeneeded said:

That is really the part of his game that I liked the most when I've watched him play. He had that real good anticipation of where the cutter is going to be and fired it in there. Really good going over the top also. I've seen him hit some outside shots if left open. Good form, good lift. He and fellow teammate Kooper Jacobi will be tough to handle this year. Kooper will garner some D1 attention this coming season.

You know he will. It always seems to happen when coaches come out to see one player.  In this case Trey.  They discover another as well. 

23 minutes ago, Moyeneeded said:

Jacobi already has an offer from Indiana State

Really like this kid. By the time it’s all said and done he might be Mr Basketball in 2021. He is fluid enough to play outside as well...if he grows like others are saying well he will be something even more special. I’d love to pair him with Furst and Lander on top of what we land in 2020 and suddenly Archie should have this thing rolling again here in Bloomington.

30 minutes ago, JEFFVETTE said:

I've been loosely paying attention to this kid and Tre Coleman at Jeff. I would love to see back to back Southern Indiana kids at IU. I hope Coleman blows up this coming year. I need to get out and see both this coming season. 

Tre is very raw and I do not see him getting an IU offer. 

Archived