Jump to content

Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue


Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, btownqb said:

Why cant you do that in the nba? Lol

Evidentially the NBA doesn’t do talent development...I mean the g-league and summer league etc etc...just an urban legend.

I mean to think you get better coaching or face better talent in college then the Nba where millions are spent training 24/7 etc...and practicing and playing against the best in the world...I mean even g-league teams would wipe the floor with UK or anybody. You play with the best you should get the best out of you. That is why every 5* wants to go to Duke and UK so they say. I don’t get the argument for staying unless the kid loves college.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talked to Trey on Saturday.  He is thinking through some pretty unique stuff in what has been a frustrating summer. I've said for months that I like where IU is here, and I feel even more confide

The IU staff is really confident. And that’s not a guess. 

There is one central figure in this recruitment that is causing Nick to overreact here, and also causing the 247 guys to misreport that there is some kind of tension between Lander and Kaufman.  IU is

Posted Images

2 hours ago, gnet550 said:

On Twitter the guy who wrote this said it seems like his timeline is moving up too....he just made the comment to someone who asked a question. So that’s not in the article

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Really hope we did enough for Trey. Extension of no visits,etc...until May 31st really is going to throw the coaches for a loop. Most coaches will have to video or facetime their facilities, etc....to impress recruits.

I think we’ve made as big an impression as anyone could. It’s why this no contact/visit thing helps schools like us who have had him in multiple times over schools like UL or UK who may only have had one visit etc.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think we’ve made as big an impression as anyone could. It’s why this no contact/visit thing helps schools like us who have had him in multiple times over schools like UL or UK who may only have had one visit etc.

Really hope so. That seems to be the conventional thought that if coaches were in early....had visits,etc...they might get rewarded. I know someone on here has to know Trey, right? Tell him just say yes. Haha.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Thanks for sharing. This kid is so versatile. 

Dreaming of a Lander, Phinisee, Hunter, Kaufman, TJD lineup. Probably won't ever happen but that group has a serious chance to contend for a title.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

Thanks for sharing. This kid is so versatile. 

Dreaming of a Lander, Phinisee, Hunter, Kaufman, TJD lineup. Probably won't ever happen but that group has a serious chance to contend for a title.

That seems very possible to me. I don't know of any 2020 or 2021 mock drafts that have any of our guys in it. I think TJD is a three year guy and Lander is two (or more). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoosierDom said:

That seems very possible to me. I don't know of any 2020 or 2021 mock drafts that have any of our guys in it. I think TJD is a three year guy and Lander is two (or more). 

Thompson might start over Kaufman, but still. That's a tremendous 6. Franklin will give us great mins. AL, TG, JG should be fine. We will need a grad transfer big or another Fr big ready to go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For Kauffman? because it is funny that someone just posted a tweet from someone who said he did not think Kaufmann will end up at IU.

Yea it’s odd. The prediction came from a Duke guy...he is 2/2 with 21’ class predictions lol but I’m guessing neither guy knows based on two different views

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For Kauffman? because it is funny that someone just posted a tweet from someone who said he did not think Kaufmann will end up at IU.

I'd say he chooses IU.  Played with Logan on the AAU circuit so there is familiarity between the two

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For Kauffman? because it is funny that someone just posted a tweet from someone who said he did not think Kaufmann will end up at IU.

Yes to IU. I know they guy you are referring to is considered a very trusted/ reliable source by those who cover IU sports. FWIW, @CoachSS said today on Twitter he fully expects another ‘21 commit in April/May. 

 

479E7331-5E43-455A-9417-218A4762C7B8.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Yes to IU. I know they guy you are referring to is considered a very trusted/ reliable source by those who cover IU sports. FWIW, @CoachSS said today on Twitter he fully expects another ‘21 commit in April/May. 

 

479E7331-5E43-455A-9417-218A4762C7B8.png

Kaufman and Logan can both play the 4 and 5 together.  The familiarity of playing together on the AUU circuit would also be very helpful should they both end up at IU and playing together.

Edited by dwtaylor1055
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Yes to IU. I know they guy you are referring to is considered a very trusted/ reliable source by those who cover IU sports. 
 

 

Is he really though?  I’ve heard him on Indiana sports beat with Coyle and Leary a couple times and he only mentioned Duncomb once and it was more in passing like he wasn’t even an option. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • KDB changed the title to Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...