Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Baumgart 14 min. ago.  More stuff coming in an hour.

My mentions are bloody. Quit checking DMs hours ago. One guy sent mention, then DM, then another mention. Was on much needed hike with my dog when a source called w TK info. Sent it hastily without proofing or explaining. I get ur reaction. Ill explain more thoroughly 830pm CT

1 minute ago, IU4Ever said:

My mentions are bloody. Quit checking DMs hours ago. One guy sent mention, then DM, then another mention. Was on much needed hike with my dog when a source called w TK info. Sent it hastily without proofing or explaining. I get ur reaction. Ill explain more thoroughly 830pm CT

I rolled my eyes so hard from that I hurt them 

55 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

Kid is either going to be spot on or he realizes his mistake and is now trying to cover the tracks. Not a good look for him. 

1 hour ago, IU4Ever said:

It is 8:45 CT and where is his explination

Patience young grasshopper.  These are Baumgart's latest tweets.

Trey Kaufman has 4 legitimate suitors at moment. IU, PU, Louisville, Xavier. Seems as if the recruitment has went a little stale. I get impression he seeks bigger offers. He's wanted UK for awhile. UNC watched him when it played at UofL. Im not convinced those offers ever come.

It's not just IU. It's all four. None of the schools seem to have his attention at the moment. Not sure where the idea started that he's ready to commit -- anywhere -- within next the month. I just don't get a sense that a decision is imminent. TK is still taking new suitors....

But he was Gatorade Player of Year as a JUNIOR. Unheard of feat. Leader of the defending 3A state champs and still alive. Kaufman had a big individual year: 25.8 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 40% on 3s. He wants to find out what else is out there....

3 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

Trey Kaufman has 4 legitimate suitors at moment. IU, PU, Louisville, Xavier. Seems as if the recruitment has went a little stale. I get impression he seeks bigger offers. He's wanted UK for awhile. UNC watched him when it played at UofL. Im not convinced those offers ever come.

It's not just IU. It's all four. None of the schools seem to have his attention at the moment. Not sure where the idea started that he's ready to commit -- anywhere -- within next the month. I just don't get a sense that a decision is imminent. TK is still taking new suitors....

But he was Gatorade Player of Year as a JUNIOR. Unheard of feat. Leader of the defending 3A state champs and still alive. Kaufman had a big individual year: 25.8 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 40% on 3s. He wants to find out what else is out there....

Seeks bigger offers or suitors? If a coach can't see a 6'8 kid with length and a shot isn't good enough it says more about the talent evaluation at the very programs this Nick kid is trying to say aren't offering yet.

This is pure BS by this Nick kid.....and I do mean kid. He's going to get a very early lesson in life. Don't talk so much.

19 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

He also just added....

As for my idea that it won't be IU, it's a few things. Yes, Duncomb has different skillset. They could technically play together (they did last summer with limited success), there's some concern about them *together*. Each wld be better if paired with a more athletic compliment.

I'm not sure I understand the idea that Duncomb pushes TK to commit. Just because they're friends doesn't mean he'll choose to play together in college. If a 5 star point guard cant get you to jump, why would a developmental back to the basket post?

The 2021 class isn't particularly tight-knit. Source correctly predicted in Nov that Furst would end up at Purdue. Guessed eventually Lander went with IU.  They felt TK would go his own path. Im not sure its UofL. Source is 2 for 2. Now they think TK ends up somewhere besides IU.

...that original tweet seems pretty over the top for what basically amounts to speculation at best. Certainly nothing there that would make me feel that IU should "forget about Trey Kaufman"

3 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

He also just added....

As for my idea that it won't be IU, it's a few things. Yes, Duncomb has different skillset. They could technically play together (they did last summer with limited success), there's some concern about them *together*. Each wld be better if paired with a more athletic compliment.

I'm not sure I understand the idea that Duncomb pushes TK to commit. Just because they're friends doesn't mean he'll choose to play together in college. If a 5 star point guard cant get you to jump, why would a developmental back to the basket post?

The 2021 class isn't particularly tight-knit. Source correctly predicted in Nov that Furst would end up at Purdue. Guessed eventually Lander went with IU.  They felt TK would go his own path. Im not sure its UofL. Source is 2 for 2. Now they think TK ends up somewhere besides IU.

...that original tweet seems pretty over the top for what basically amounts to speculation at best. Certainly nothing there that would make me feel that IU should "forget about Trey Kaufman"

Him saying all of this on the same day that IU got 3 crystal ball picks form national insiders is a little strange as well.

Trey was robbed by the coronavirus of the opportunity to make a big statement by leading Silver Creek to another state title.

That makes next year's high school season even more important for the type of legacy he wants to leave in the community where his family roots run so deep.

10 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

He also just added....

I think the idiot Tony Donahue from 1070 sabotaged his career pretty quickly.....but this Nick Baumgart could never be taken seriously. He says an absolute this morning. Follows up with well maybe. Now says this stuff.....and tries to justify his source being 2-2. Wow kid. Start slinging insurance and make more $. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think the idiot Tony Donahue from 1070 sabotaged his career pretty quickly.....but this Nick Baumgart could never be taken seriously. He says an absolute this morning. Follows up with well maybe. Now says this stuff.....and tries to justify his source being 2-2. Wow kid. Start slinging insurance and make more $. 

Now you are being emotional. Brooks was a done deal at one point remember?  CoachSS has said some really incorrect stuff right or wrong? Everyone does it.  Clean up the sand out of your mangina and come back to the thread.  

9 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Now you are being emotional. Brooks was a done deal at one point remember?  CoachSS has said some really incorrect stuff right or wrong? Everyone does it.  Clean up the sand out of your mangina and come back to the thread.  

Cool. I'm emotional? Haha.

2 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

I'm not going to disparage the guy, but the timing and justification for the original tweet are pretty suspect. I imagine this will be a learning experience for him. There's a reason you don't see the guys that have been around recruiting for a long time make such definitive statements off the cuff.

Nick does make comments off the cuff and off a feeling.  He always admits when he is wrong though and he does say that he is doing it or if he is just reading.  Sources are wrong all the time.  

1 hour ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

He also just added....

Really? That's so freakn weak. 90% of us here had Furst going to PU and Lander to IU months before it came to fruition. If that source picked those two, he isn't an insider from down here in SoIndy and we all know that UofL is in play with Kaufman but most all around this area believe it is IU!

57 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Yeah but he has also said some really correct stuff also.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Trey was robbed by the coronavirus of the opportunity to make a big statement by leading Silver Creek to another state title.

That makes next year's high school season even more important for the type of legacy he wants to leave in the community where his family roots run so deep.

Most definitely!

Archived