Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If I’m a school like Indiana State —who has some nice young talent — I’d be all over this second tier talent in Indiana. There’s plenty of talent to go around in the prep ranks right now.  

I think you would agree with me.  Especially in the 2021 class.

42 minutes ago, JcityHoosier said:

Will Loving-Watts will be the one from Jeff that will play big time power 5 ball

I spoke with an asst coach from NA during our game against  them this season... and he said Loving Watts has a chance to be the best player from their conference that isn't named Damon Bailey and Romeo Langford. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I spoke with an asst coach from NA during our game against  them this season... and he said Loving Watts has a chance to be the best player from their conference that isn't named Damon Bailey and Romeo Langford. 

He improved a lot as the season went on. It's nice that he can develop while he doesn't have to be the man yet with all the upperclassmen Jeff has coming back. Red Devils should be a tough out this coming year. Should be exciting around this area the next few years

35 minutes ago, JcityHoosier said:

He improved a lot as the season went on. It's nice that he can develop while he doesn't have to be the man yet with all the upperclassmen Jeff has coming back. Red Devils should be a tough out this coming year. Should be exciting around this area the next few years

And NA is going to be legit this year, as well. 

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

Wow...Sherron Wilkerson played at IU...so is this a kid we should watch out for??

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wow...Sherron Wilkerson played at IU...so is this a kid we should watch out for??

Loving-Watts just completed his freshman season, but you can expect a lot of schools to be scouting him hard beginning next season.

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Loving-Watts just completed his freshman season, but you can expect a lot of schools to be scouting him hard beginning next season.

Sounds great...to say he might be one of the best to come out of that area much less Jeff is pretty high praise considering who has played there. Glad to keep an eye on this kid. Hopefully we can keep UL and UK away if he is that good. My college roommate was from Austin and when I spent time with him and his friends back there and around that area it was like 75% UK fans and rest split between UL and IU. Thanks for the update!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Sounds great...to say he might be one of the best to come out of that area much less Jeff is pretty high praise considering who has played there. Glad to keep an eye on this kid. Hopefully we can keep UL and UK away if he is that good. My college roommate was from Austin and when I spent time with him and his friends back there and around that area it was like 75% UK fans and rest split between UL and IU. Thanks for the update!

Don't count Scott County as the rest of this area, please!!!!! That county has the largest contingent of UK fans ever assembled... well that and Dale Earnhardt. 

Loving Watts will need to continue to grow (about 6'3 now just like Romeo at that age). 

I actually coached against Loving Watts when he was in the 5th grade.. held him to like 25, he didnt play the 4th q. 😂

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't count Scott County as the rest of this area, please!!!!! That county has the largest contingent of UK fans ever assembled... well that and Dale Earnhardt. 

Loving Watts will need to continue to grow (about 6'3 now just like Romeo at that age). 

I actually coached against Loving Watts when he was in the 5th grade.. held him to like 25, he didnt play the 4th q. 😂

There is some good talent in last years freshman class for Jeff...I'm excited to see Kobe Stoudemire next year as well...Jeff vs New Albany games should be very interesting as always....

Just now, JcityHoosier said:

There is some good talent in last years freshman class for Jeff...I'm excited to see Kobe Stoudemire next year as well...Jeff vs New Albany games should be very interesting as always....

Kobe is an absolute stud, as well. Truth be told.. I think he's better than Jones. 

3 minutes ago, JcityHoosier said:

What's funny though... Jeff's baseball class in that grade is probably better than their basketball class. LOADED

3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

As I understand, there's a belief by some of the coaches Kauffman will be the better long-term player while Furst is a little more "college ready" if that makes sense. 

That said, they can totally play together in an offense as Kauffman continues to get more comfortable in the short corner, high post, and other areas. 

Sounded to me like Purdue was selling Furst on playing the 4 which he liked...but he is going to have to commit to developing his range. If that is the case it might be difficult for them to promise both time at the 4. I can see a scenario we land Kaufman and they land Furst.

5 minutes ago, rbkl said:

Check out our interview with Trey Kaufman right after his Purdue offer.

He made some interesting comments about his recruiting, Romeo Langford, and I think people on HSN will like what he had to say about looking up to various basketball greats.

Reading the Purdue part, at first I thought Trey had went all Rickey Henderson on us talking in 3rd person...Then I read the paraphrase comment...Nice interview.

22 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Little Trey tidbit.  Knew he had multiple strains of flu starting around sectional, he battled at least through regional.  Well he also had mono, missed 14 days of school, while still maintaining his 4.0 and number 1 class ranking.  Wow.  

Sign me up. Although I must admit there seems to be about 8 kids in the 2020/2021 classes that I really like. I think I'm starting to get them confused. Need like a priority list to carry around with me so when my aunt or uncle ask me who Archie is targeting I can break it down. Haha

Archived