Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anything here? Since he's the most valuable 21 recruit we have going it seems weird not an update for a week. Just curious. 

I think the limited AAU season will keep things quieter than they normally would be.

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think the limited AAU season will keep things quieter than they normally would be.

Seems to be the case across the board.  This entire board has been much less active since things went into lockdown because there is not much news on anything sports related.

On 7/1/2020 at 2:56 PM, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

You guys worry too much. It's still early. Most commitments don't happen until later in the summer/early fall. Have faith and let it play out. 

Worrying especially about recruits is something we are really, really good at doing.

Not so much anymore.  However, I obsessed so much over Cody Zeller, before he committed to IU..... that my son, one day, asked me to stop talking about him. 

Hey. We're Hoosiers.  Talking, worrying, obsessing about bb recruits is what we do.  Do you think they worry about recruits in Idaho ?  Potatoes perhaps. But not bb recruits. LOL

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Trey injured today. July 11.  Report from a good friend.  Not serious. But may have to take some time off from BB for a while. 

Mile, I saw you posting this late about him and I was for sure it was a commitment. Thank you for the news and for the great job you have always done on HSN!

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hated when I injured my wrist dunking ad well LOL!

I am an old guy. And remember at one time,  when dunking was outlawed in the NCAA.  Really.

In Colorado.... it is outlawed in high school in pre-game warmups.  De'Ron Davis had to sit for one game, for dunking before a game.  Fact

58 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am an old guy. And remember at one time,  when dunking was outlawed in the NCAA.  Really.

In Colorado.... it is outlawed in high school in pre-game warmups.  De'Ron Davis had to sit for one game, for dunking before a game.  Fact

Yep we would do it in warm ups until the refs came out. Then it was a technical.

32 minutes ago, Vincent14 said:

If Justin Smith was as fluid with the ball and as good a shooter we would have competed for a B1G title the last couple years...amazing what it would have done for floor spacing. 

Competition there looked pretty weak but we know that he can handle his own from all we’ve seen throughout the year at Creek.

Very nice alley oop.  If you believe the crystal ball, Trey and Aminu are the most likely IU commits, both showing 100% IU now.  That being said, Mason Miller is still showing over 70% to Memphis even though interest is ranked as "cool" with IU, OSU and Creighton all ahead in the interest category.

Interestingly, no one has made any prediction on Blake Wesley with IU, Maryland Notre Dame, Purdue and Texas being listed with the most interest.

Cant 

16 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Very nice alley oop.  If you believe the crystal ball, Trey and Aminu are the most likely IU commits, both showing 100% IU now.  That being said, Mason Miller is still showing over 70% to Memphis even though interest is ranked as "cool" with IU, OSU and Creighton all ahead in the interest category.

Interestingly, no one has made any prediction on Blake Wesley with IU, Maryland Notre Dame, Purdue and Texas being listed with the most interest.

I cant remember how many we can take but I can see us taking TK AM MM and BW to The Irish. 

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Cant 

I cant remember how many we can take but I can see us taking TK AM MM and BW to The Irish. 

I would be ecstatic about a class like that.  You would have Duncomb as part of that class as well.  Archie does that and he is really landing the type of back to back to back classes that build winners.

19 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I would be ecstatic about a class like that.  You would have Duncomb as part of that class as well.  Archie does that and he is really landing the type of back to back to back classes that build winners.

I agree. TK is going to garner more attention from some of the top 10 programs.  Hope we have done enough to withstand it

I obviously really like Kaufman as a complete player and kid who works his butt off and is super smart.  But I’m also really happy about getting Duncomb.  

Casual fans who don’t follow this stuff may be shocked when the synergy of all these tough minded kids come together over the next couple of years.   

Did he get that much better or is it he isnt playing against older kids anymore. The other team looked like the Washington Generals. Pace of the game was really slow. That shows when Trey drove from the wing for a dunk. A really nice move but so much faster then any other high light shown. His shooting looked better but just like shooting alone in the driveway, no pressure.

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Did he get that much better or is it he isnt playing against older kids anymore. The other team looked like the Washington Generals. Pace of the game was really slow. That shows when Trey drove from the wing for a dunk. A really nice move but so much faster then any other high light shown. His shooting looked better but just like shooting alone in the driveway, no pressure.

I have to question how much can really be learned from AAU ball this summer other than which players are naturally more athletic and/or are self-motivated.

All players are coming out of a period of months of quarantine. This means their practice would have been limited at best and nonexistent at worst. Same with strength training and conditioning. So the ones that aren't self-motivated are almost certainly somewhat rusty and a bit out of shape.

Kaufman we know is self-motivated and was working as hard as he could during that time. So it could be a combination of him being improved and the competition not playing up their potential. And possibly that they're no longer older, as you mentioned.

16 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Agree. The other team was useless.  You saw his skill set to some degree but it’s a fairly useless video. It’s one thing to drive against those guys and another to do it against Jordan Geronimo.   Those teams should never have been scheduled with each other.  I’m not sure the other team should have existed but we know about the money-making aspect where parents feed money.  

Archived