Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Then you know how strict TFE was about members getting off topic.   As you and I go off topic.  LOL

I remember, I've been lightly posting since all the way back then. I've always been happy to see some of the familiar names come through. Lots of heated battles back in the day though...

16 hours ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

No offense, but I couldn’t disagree more.

Roy has coached 15 seasons at UNC. In those 15 seasons, he has had 13 players drafted in the lottery and another 12 drafted after. Heck, I think Duke’s only had 2 AS guys in the last 15 years (Kyrie & Tatum..maybe BI?)

Most of these high profile kids are focused on getting to the league and I think he’s been 1 of the 3 best at doing it the last decade or so. Hardly any rookie is ever an All-Star and the critical development needed to get to that level typically occurs in the league. Can’t blame ole’ Roy for that. 

buuut..tides change quickly. We’re on the right track to one day not having all of us fans panic at seeing our top target get a UNC or Duke offer lol

Agreed..hard thing about talking about all-stars is it’s a popularity contest...and typically it’s the same guys for like a decade. Very hard to break into that company...but getting drafted and making rosters and sticking in the nba should be something celebrated.

3 hours ago, Cheaney40 said:

I remember, I've been lightly posting since all the way back then. I've always been happy to see some of the familiar names come through. Lots of heated battles back in the day though...

Good to hear from you. As I recall, you were a much more prolific poster....."back in the day"

10 hours ago, NY hoosier said:

Do you think schools like UNC/ Duke worry that IU will return to top tier status. Or are we just an afterthought 

I suspect being left off the list is intentional.  The last thing schools like UNC want to see is a surging IU taking recruits from them, so best to give the sleeping giant as little press as possible.

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Many of our HSN 3.0 members go all the way back to HSN 1.0. And even back to John Decker's Hoosier Nation on the old Scout board.  In fact... and I have told this story before... Colonial Crestor's first post on Decker's Hoosier Nation.... got him banned by Decker's friend... The Fourth Estate.  TFE, just did not understand CC's humor. 

Over the years. Some have maintained their user name. Others have changed.  But many continue to remain faithful to HSN.  Which I am grateful for.

I was on 1.0. Skipped 2.0. Cams back for 3.0.  

Cant even remember my 1.0 username now

17 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Good to hear from you. As I recall, you were a much more prolific poster....."back in the day"

I remember at one point being absent for a couple months, and then all of the sudden everyone was gone...I had to search through all the threads to figure out what happened. Pretty funny in hindsight. It didn't surprise me at all as the site that was left allowed no flexibility for the moderators. Really appreciate this group of fans. Great discussion and awesome insight. I'll keep my eyes open from the Cincy area as best I can...

1 minute ago, Cheaney40 said:

I remember at one point being absent for a couple months, and then all of the sudden everyone was gone...I had to search through all the threads to figure out what happened. Pretty funny in hindsight. It didn't surprise me at all as the site that was left allowed no flexibility for the moderators. Really appreciate this group of fans. Great discussion and awesome insight. I'll keep my eyes open from the Cincy area as best I can...

My son lives in Cincy just off the Mt St Joseph campus in Delhi

15 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

Yeah.  John Decker left in the middle of the night. With out any explanation.  Leaving the Scout site for myself and Jaybobhoosier to do the best we could.  CC decided to start Hoosier Sports Nation 1.0.

Many jumped on board. So many, in a short period of time. That we got offers from two other IU sites to merge HSN 1.0 with them.  Ironically... we went back to Scout.. due to the content they could provide.  Then CBS took over. And one day, CC got notice that CBS would not be renewing his contract with them, when it expired.  That's when Hoosier Faithful was a big part of starting up HSN 3.0.  A huge shout out to him for that !

I just want to thank all our friends, who I consider family for following us through all of our iterations over the years.  THANKS !

Oh one more thing.  UpperArlington. If you are out there.  Time for you to come home.

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah.  John Decker left in the middle of the night. With out any explanation.  Leaving the Scout site for myself and Jaybobhoosier to do the best we could.  CC decided to start Hoosier Sports Nation 1.0.

Many jumped on board. So many, in a short period of time. That we got offers from two other IU sites to merge HSN 1.0 with them.  Ironically... we went back to Scout.. due to the content they could provide.  Then CBS took over. And one day, CC got notice that CBS would not be renewing his contract with them, when it expired.  That's when Hoosier Faithful was a big part of starting up HSN 3.0.  A huge shout out to him for that !

I just want to thank all our friends, who I consider family for following us through all of our iterations over the years.  THANKS !

Oh one more thing.  UpperArlington. If you are out there.  Time for you to come home.

I dont recall UpperArlington.Almost everyone else that we have mentioned I remember. seems like ions ago

2 minutes ago, Sark said:

Is that when Pegram went to CBS?

Yes.  They dumped us for Peegs.   Had a media friend who told me weeks before the shift. That Mike was moving from Rivals to Scout.  I reported that back to them, as perhaps the reason behind the reason they were dumping us.  It was hard to believe by some of my fellow moderators at the time.  Even for me.  But that was the reason they dumped us.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont recall UpperArlington.Almost everyone else that we have mentioned I remember. seems like ions ago

Lived in Upper Arlington, Ohio. Hence his user name.  Is a really good guy. Coach.  Lacrosse was a passion of his.

1 minute ago, Sark said:

Doesn’t look like the CBS move to Peegs was wise, and now their old site is basically dormant with very little activity. This is by far the best site for IU sports. 

I agree. About HSN, that is. However, I have to admit I am prejudiced.  Will say this, however. Other good sites out there.  Though I rarely visit Inside the Hall.  HSN actually gave Alex a boost up, when he first started his site.  Much like The Daily Hoosier ( a great IU site, by the way).... we did all we could do to help promote Inside the Hall.  Used to communicate with Alex often on the our old Scout site.  Then... once his site took off... he acted as if he never knew me.  Still, despite that.. and the fact that I rarely check... think he does a good job. And love what his dad does in print.

I think you are referring to The Hoosier on Rivals.  Rarely check there either.  I know a guy who was offered that site, before Peegs left it.  He turned it down.

4 minutes ago, Sark said:

Punt, John, Punt is Avery good IU football site, too. Matt Weaver was Peegs best writer, maybe he should be here? You’re right about the Rivals site. It had almost no activity a couple months ago. There were more Purdue people there than IU people.

Do believe Matt is still a part of Peegs. Does IUFB. Besides all of our great moderators do this for free.  Matt would be above our pay grade.  LOL

2 hours ago, Sark said:

Doesn’t look like the CBS move to Peegs was wise, and now their old site is basically dormant with very little activity. This is by far the best site for IU sports. 

How was it not wise? Peegs is incredibly active. Rivals is the site that's now dead. I think they have burned through multiple publishers since Peegs left.

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Peegs seems pretty dead to me. 

4 minutes ago, goonaha said:

The Kaufman UNC offer story posted two days ago has 141 posts and 10k views. 

I have been a member of Peegs for a long time...2007ish. Followed him over to 247 when that move happened.  At one time they were one of the most active sites on 247 I believe.  Plenty of activity just not on the free boards over there.  I have been a lurker here for a long time and quarantine has brought me out of the shell some here. 

@Stlboiler23and I chat on another board, so its great to be able to give him some crap here as well :)

1 minute ago, klize17 said:

I have been a member of Peegs for a long time...2007ish. Followed him over to 247 when that move happened.  At one time they were one of the most active sites on 247 I believe.  Plenty of activity just not on the free boards over there.  I have been a lurker here for a long time and quarantine has brought me out of the shell some here. 

I started on his site around 1998 or what ever year we were recruiting George Leach

36 minutes ago, klize17 said:

@Stlboiler23and I chat on another board, so its great to be able to give him some crap here as well :)

A very long time member of Peegs.  Wow. Color me impressed . And so glad to hear you have been a long time lurker on HSN.  Stop lurking and start posting !  Seriously, all IU boards can use passionate IU fans.

You are right about the Peegs free boards. I check occasionally.  Not much happening there.  So.... come here.  We are FREE.  24/7 !

Coming back to add this. There is a cost to run this site.  Our great moderators and owner take care of that.  And we do not support ads like some other sites.  Our mods, and owner are in this for the fun of it.  Not to make a profit from it.

Archived