Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

36 minutes ago, klize17 said:

The whole "if Kaufman was going to commit to Indiana, it would have happened already" is such a cop out answer.  The exact same thing was said about TJD and we know how that turned out.  The kid wants to take visits before deciding.  Had that happened maybe it would have already been done.  It is August before he can sign, not April after he already could have. 

I agree 100 percent! Just in recent interview he said he would like to visit Virginia. I’m guessing he probably would of been decided by now but the date to visit keeps getting pushed back. If your Kaufman why rush and make a decision? If I was him I’d probably consider signing in the fall at some point tho

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I honestly don't think the UNC offer effects where Kaufman will go at all.  It's a prestigious offer, no doubt.  And, one he, or any recruit, should be proud of receiving.  But. my gut tells me this is an IU versus UVA decision, and I think it's been that way for a while.  

I think Purdue is still pushing too.  He said on Saturday that he was having a Zoom meeting with them this week.

If I'm Purdue I say hey did you see Caleb Furst on Saturday?  He is clearly a center whether he knows it or not.  You can come and be our four.  Just kidding, sort of.

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I think Purdue is still pushing too.  He said on Saturday that he was having a Zoom meeting with them this week.

If I'm Purdue I say hey did you see Caleb Furst on Saturday?  He is clearly a center whether he knows it or not.  You can come and be our four.  Just kidding, sort of.

They’re 100% still pushing. Both on Trey and Harrison Ingram. 

6 hours ago, KDB said:

Sounds a lot like, “I have no idea what I’m talking about but I’m getting paid for this, so I guess I better make something up that sounds potentially reasonable even if it’s based on nothing.”

He literally says, “you’d have to think” and “one would have to assume”. That whole paragraph is one big guess.

51 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Sounds a lot like, “I have no idea what I’m talking about but I’m getting paid for this, so I guess I better make something up that sounds potentially reasonable even if it’s based on nothing.”

He literally says, “you’d have to think” and “one would have to assume”. That whole paragraph is one big guess.

Exactly....I have a quota for putting out articles and I don’t have a clue so I will make everyone happy and say he can go anywhere lol.

Wouldnt it be refreshing for someone to be honest and be like “look...with Covid going around and no visits and maybe no HS or college seasons...all bets are off on anything!”

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Exactly....I have a quota for putting out articles and I don’t have a clue so I will make everyone happy and say he can go anywhere lol.

Wouldnt it be refreshing for someone to be honest and be like “look...with Covid going around and no visits and maybe no HS or college seasons...all bets are off on anything!”

Completely agree. To be honest, and I don’t mean to come off as a jerk, but I’m always super surprised at how many people react to those kinds of updates as if they actually mean something. 

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2020/08/14/indiana-basketball-trey-kaufmans-recruitment-takes-bad-turn/

I don't know who this writer is but he is very lazy.  He just took what on what Evans said in his article but this writer makes it sounds like doom and gloom.  This quote is the one I am talking about and don't know how he came to this conclusion.

Indiana Basketball’s chances for Trey Kaufman are dwindling

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2020/08/14/indiana-basketball-trey-kaufmans-recruitment-takes-bad-turn/

I don't know who this writer is but he is very lazy.  He just took what on what Evans said in his article but this writer makes it sounds like doom and gloom.  This quote is the one I am talking about and don't know how he came to this conclusion.

Agreed.  'Journalism' like that really drives me crazy.  Absolutely nothing of substance.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

He needs to learn the first rule of journalism - if I reprint from one source it’s plagiarism, if I take it from two it’s “research”

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

What does @5fouls say? 

I believe Covid-19 has impacted his recruitment.

I believe he will decide before Thanksgiving.  I do not think he wants it to be a distraction during the high school season  

If there is no high school season, I believe the report from @The Daily Hoosierthat he would consider an early enrollment in college has some legs to it.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I believe he will decide before Thanksgiving.  I do not think he wants it to be a distraction during the high school season  

If there is no high school season, I believe the report from @The Daily Hoosierthat he would consider an early enrollment in college has some legs to it.

I like what you believe.

Hey Trey.  Follow your heart. 

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Are you still confident?

5 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Are you still confident?

Whatever confidence I personally had was driven by what things I read and seen by recruiting analysts and people on here that I believe have insider information.  I have never personally been been told by anyone in Trey's family or anyone associated with the Silver Creek program that Trey is leaning in any direction.  Likewise, my kids have not come home from school and said anything like "I heard Trey's friend 'Oscar' tell Merle today in the hall that Trey likes fill in the blank" 

There are two things that I always considered important in his recruitment.

• I've never felt he would play with Caleb Furst.  I still believe that.  That said, if Furst had not chosen Purdue, my perception is the Boilers would be a major player.  And, they still may be if my belief about Furst is wrong.
  • I always thought for family reasons that he would stay close to home.  This one, I'm no longer so sure about.  There seems to be too much coming out right now that indicates that being close to home may not be as important as everyone thought.  And, I've been on the record since the beginning saying that, if being close to home is not a factor, I think Virginia is the offer to be concerned about.  

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Whatever confidence I personally had was driven by what things I read and seen by recruiting analysts and people on here that I believe have insider information.  I have never personally been been told by anyone in Trey's family or anyone associated with the Silver Creek program that Trey is leaning in any direction.  Likewise, my kids have not come home from school and said anything like "I heard Trey's friend 'Oscar' tell Merle today in the hall that Trey likes fill in the blank" 

There are two things that I always considered important in his recruitment.

• I've never felt he would play with Caleb Furst.  I still believe that.  That said, if Furst had not chosen Purdue, my perception is the Boilers would be a major player.  And, they still may be if my belief about Furst is wrong.
  • I always thought for family reasons that he would stay close to home.  This one, I'm no longer so sure about.  There seems to be too much coming out right now that indicates that being close to home may not be as important as everyone thought.  And, I've been on the record since the beginning saying that, if being close to home is not a factor, I think Virginia is the offer to be concerned about.  

Ok. I asked bc I thought you were the one that was close to this recruitment. 

On 8/11/2020 at 8:03 PM, 5fouls said:

Posting so if Trey is reading this thread, he does not see the last post is from a Boiler fan.  

For as much as he posts here, I'm starting to think he's been an IU fan all his life, and the PU stuff is just window dressing.

Glad to have you Stl, you're one, out of 2, decent PU fans.

Archived