Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

Or, in the townie vernacular, the "crack n screw"

Was in there in late 90's. We hit most of the townie bars as well as the usual college bars.

What was the country bar south of town. My last couple years in Bloomington  that became the go to. Can't think of the name

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Was in there in late 90's. We hit most of the townie bars as well as the usual college bars.

What was the country bar south of town. My last couple years in Bloomington  that became the go to. Can't think of the name

I don't think the rack and cue served alcohol, you would just drink in the parking lot. It was off college ave next to the village theater (around 12th). It had video games and pool tables. I don't think it survived much into the 90s.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Now thats a name I had not heard of before

Yep....I graduated IU in 1992 and it may have already been gone by '93.  It was off of North College, across from that narrow, grassy park in the middle....It used to have two tall sculptures of faces looking at each other.

It sat back up of to the right and there was a IGA next to it for years......

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

now there is a blast from the past 

Speaking of past I'm pretty sure there was a club next to TIS at one time.  Seems like it closed and the building torn down mid 80's.  I know I  never went but I swear I walked by it. 

Anyone remember that or did I dream that?  haha   Having a club so close to campus is something Slick Rick would do.

Go Hoosiers!!!

31 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

I don't think the rack and cue served alcohol, you would just drink in the parking lot. It was off college ave next to the village theater (around 12th). It had video games and pool tables. I don't think it survived much into the 90s.

Gotcha. Went to village theater several times but don't recall the Rac and Cue. Thanks

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I love those articles "we made up ground" and everything they link to is that Indiana is probably in the lead.

Selling those clicks though aren't they.

Well. If Ole' Roy makes a trip to Sellersburg for breakfast.... like went he went to Washington... when he was chasing Cody Zeller.... we will know that Ole' Roy IS the one panicking.

2 hours ago, macomb hoosier said:

I loved Rac and Cue. I won $250 in a pinball tournament there.  I spent a lot more training.🙄🙄🙄

And for those who don't know...right behind it was Colonial Crest apartments!

13 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

I was always a spaceport guy myself.

We went to stay with my friend's sister when she was at IU. We weren't of driving age yet so probably 13-14 years old. She wouldn't let us go to Spaceport for some reason(s). We were bummed because we all liked video games. Had to settle for going to the original Noble Roman's instead.

Archived