Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I wonder what Trey thinks of this thread. :coffee:

Well since he has neighbors on here why doesn’t someone point it out to him and have him reply lol. Honestly there really isn’t much to say until he takes visits. At least he will know the history of the prime hangouts waiting for him in B-town.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Speaking of past I'm pretty sure there was a club next to TIS at one time.  Seems like it closed and the building torn down mid 80's.  I know I  never went but I swear I walked by it. 

Anyone remember that or did I dream that?  haha   Having a club so close to campus is something Slick Rick would do.

Go Hoosiers!!!

When I was in Bloomington, mid-to late 70's there was a bar called the Red Shed right there. Used to be a big Greek hangout, so I did not frequent it much.

On 8/20/2020 at 1:40 PM, Indy1987 said:

Having a club so close to campus is something Slick Rick would do.

Or Mark Cuban. Nothing can beat Motley's. That place was nuts when I was there. Kept the underage crowd out of Nick's and the Bluebird. Fined for having underage bartender. Shutdown for having a 16 year old win a wet T shirt contest.

I was a regular at "beat the clock at Motley's". Three hour happy hour where prices went up each hour. Whole place was lit up by 7 PM.

“I started a bar, Motley’s Pub, when I wasn’t even of legal drinking age the summer before my senior year at Indiana University,” he (Cuban) wrote in his book “How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It.”

The campus bar was cited for having underage patrons and was shut down, according to the Dallas Morning News.

“No one really asks me how it turned out. It was great until we got busted for letting a 16-year-old win a wet T-shirt contest. (I swear I checked her ID, and it was good!),” he wrote in “How to Win at the Sport of Business.”

56 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well hope people are prepared for a long wait on this one. Completely understandable. 

It’ll be interesting to see if high school basketball getting (likely) canceled impacts this game plan for him.

While I doubt he would be like “yea cant stand Lander” on radio, it’s nice to hear the rumor isn’t true, according to him. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

It’ll be interesting to see if high school basketball getting (likely) canceled impacts this game plan for him.

While I doubt he would be like “yea cant stand Lander” on radio, it’s nice to hear the rumor isn’t true, according to him. 

If they are playing high school football then I don't see why they would cancel high school basketball.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I think there will be a high school basketball season in Indiana.  It may look a lot different as far as number of games and the amount of fans in the stands, but if they can play volleyball (which they are doing), they can play basketball.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If they are playing high school football then I don't see why they would cancel high school basketball.

Football is a little different in that it is played outside and the equipment may provide a little bit of protection.  Volleyball might be a better comparison.  And, it's being played.  So, agree, basketball is on.  May not see all those holiday tournaments that require travel, but they will play.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Football is a little different in that it is played outside and the equipment may provide a little bit of protection.  Volleyball might be a better comparison.  And, it's being played.  So, agree, basketball is on.  May not see all those holiday tournaments that require travel, but they will play.

So I probably won't get to see the HOF classic in New Castle this coming this year.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

So I probably won't get to see the HOF classic in New Castle this coming this year.

That one may go on because it's only 4 teams and the HOF needs the money. But, tickets will probably be limited, and Luke Brown is scheduled to play, so it may be tough to get in.   I think things like the Southport event (which is scheduled to give us another Kaufman/Furst matchup) will possibly get cancelled.  That's usually like 16 teams from all over the state..  

Archived