Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trey's high school coach, Brandon Hoffman, dicusses his development on the podcast linked below.  The conversation about Trey begins at roughly the 35 minute mark.  Before that, Alex Bozich is a guest and touches on several topics, including recruiting and the assistant coaching search.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I thought he would have been much higher

247 has him at 30 in their own rankings and 48 in the composite.  My guess is that a lot depends on when your guy watched him play over the summer.  If your guy saw him have some big games, he goes up, if he had an off game, he goes down.  

My kids go to Silver Creek, and I know the family (multiple members of his family have been, and in some cases, still are, educators and administrators at the school), so I am biased.  But, he supposedly had a rally good summer, so it is a surprise to see him drop.

And, based on the fact that they did not update his offer list, I wonder how closely they are even following him.

His ranking is what shocked me because everything I heard about him on here I thought he would be a top 50 player.  It was nothing against Kauffman because I hope does go to IU but just was wondering about our recruitment of Furst.  Getting Lander and Kauffman would make for a great class and put us in position to have a great team.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

His ranking is what shocked me because everything I heard about him on here I thought he would be a top 50 player.  It was nothing against Kauffman because I hope does go to IU but just was wondering about our recruitment of Furst.  Getting Lander and Kauffman would make for a great class and put us in position to have a great team.

And 247 still has him at 30.  So, he is still a top 50 player.  I'm biased, but I trust 247 more.

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

He is visiting this weekend. 

Awesome. Go ahead and commit Trey!! I mean if JR can commit to ND let’s go ahead and land a 2021 kid now. That would certainly give us momentum on some 5*s who are watching. 

Also Caleb Love will be visiting this weekend. Big weekend for Archie!!

Archived