Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

35 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If that's the case Evan's is not the only one indicating Garcia as a fall committ . I posted last week that I was hearing that but did not know enough to agree or disagree 

That is true. The point is he does seem to be more accurate on things than some of the other national guys. Will he when it comes to IU? Time will tell I guess.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If that's the case Evan's is not the only one indicating Garcia as a fall committ . I posted last week that I was hearing that but did not know enough to agree or disagree 

To me it is better for us to get him if he signs in the fall than waiting until the spring.  If he waits then maybe it would give teams like KU or UNC more of a chance to get him.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me it is better for us to get him if he signs in the fall than waiting until the spring.  If he waits then maybe it would give teams like KU or UNC more of a chance to get him.

My thoughts are that if he is seriously considering us then the results of this year really don't matter so the sooner the better. If he is waiting to see how we perform then I would fear us losing to a UNC or someone like that. I still believe its us and Marquette

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My thoughts are that if he is seriously considering us then the results of this year really don't matter so the sooner the better. If he is waiting to see how we perform then I would fear us losing to a UNC or someone like that. I still believe its us and Marquette

Then we had better handle our business in that secret scrimmage on 10/20 and make sure word leaks out. 😎

8 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Not Kaufman related but Evans has also said that IU has a real chance with Garcia and that he is planning on signing in the fall.

Maybe I’m picking and choosing but I would be much more apt to listen to him about a national recruit who is talking to multiple teams nationally then a local recruit who has been really quiet on the national scene. Now I know all kids are local somewhere but Garcia has had a pretty public national recruitment so I would imagine he would follow it more closely.

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Maybe I’m picking and choosing but I would be much more apt to listen to him about a national recruit who is talking to multiple teams nationally then a local recruit who has been really quiet on the national scene. Now I know all kids are local somewhere but Garcia has had a pretty public national recruitment so I would imagine he would follow it more closely.

That’s possible. But honestly I don’t care who the other team is whether it’s Purdue or somewhere else just so he ends up at IU. 

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

That’s possible. But honestly I don’t care who the other team is whether it’s Purdue or somewhere else just so he ends up at IU. 

I just want him to invite Purdue's beat writer to his announcement and then say that Purdue finished a distant 3rd. :coffee:

42 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I just want him to invite Purdue's beat writer to his announcement and then say that Purdue finished a distant 3rd. :coffee:

Well that would be close enough to getting payback on  Vandy! I mean both their schools colors are black and gold :nansplit:

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Lexington Herald Leader story about Trey visiting for Big Blue Madness

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-recruiting/article235953222.html

Got to keep this one home. It’s one thing to lose a kid that is going to La Lu but these are our kids. Special ones. Lander and Kaufman have to stay home.

I don't think UK's interest is a reaction to IU's interest.  Truthfully, there were several high profile schools that were watching Trey before IU started even taking serious looks.  Some of those you no longer hear about for whatever reason.  Purdue may have actually been the first major program to show real interest.  All that said, if Trey continues to move up the rankings, I would expect interest from other big name schools to also increase.  He's also an excellent student, so academics will also be a factor to consider.

Another thing to consider is that Trey plays in the Louisville media market.  He's getting as much, if not more, media coverage in the state of Kentucky than he is getting in Indiana.  Cal would be foolish to not take a look at a Top 30 player from the area that IU and UL have already offered.  

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't think UK's interest is a reaction to IU's interest.  Truthfully, there were several high profile schools that were watching Trey before IU started even taking serious looks.  Some of those you no longer hear about for whatever reason.  Purdue may have actually been the first major program to show real interest.  All that said, if Trey continues to move up the rankings, I would expect interest from other big name schools to also increase.  He's also an excellent student, so academics will also be a factor to consider.

Of course.

I'm just filling in with the frustration many feel with UK recruiting a lot of the same players.  It's inevitable, but it is still frustrating as hell, especially when the slimeball swoops in with a late offer after IU's staff has invested a ton of time in Indiana's best players

Archived