Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

36 and 9 tonight versus Columbus East.  Silver Creek won the game 75-40

Also 4-5 assists and 3-4 blocks

General Observations

• Definitely will be featured more in the offense this year compared to last.
  • Showed good dribble drive and the ability to finish through contact .
  • Ran the floor very well.
  • Exploded in the 3rd quarter after getting taken to the floor by a Columbus East player
  • Made a couple of 3's, but missed a few open ones as well.  Form was solid though.

Good write-up in the Louisville Courier Journal that focuses on Trey's performance last Wednesday.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/indiana/2019/12/02/silver-creek-boys-basketballs-title-defense-starts-win/4285444002/

Silver Creek has 2 games this week, Tuesday night at home against Charlestown and Friday night on the road against Clarksville.  Both are conference opponents, but neither really has anyone that will be able to match up against Kaufman.  There probably won't be much to take away from either game, regardless of his scoring and rebounding totals.  They could be low if the bench gets a lot of minutes, or they could be huge because they don't have anyone to match up against him.  

Next week, he has two more meaningful matchups.  On Friday, the 13th, North Harrison actually has more size than Silver Creek and then on Saturday, the 14th,  is the matchup against Furst and FW Blackhawk in Southport.

As expected, Silver Creek won big over Charlestown.  Kaufman with 22 points.  Unsure on the rebounds,  Big star of the game was Kooper Jacobi, who had 26 points and probably close to 15-18 rebounds. Jacobi has about a half-dozen D1 offers himself.

Here is a full replay of the game.  If you're looking specifically for Kaufman highlights, the first 3 minutes of the 4th quarter are your best bet,  Two dunks and an NBA 3 pointer.

https://www.ihsaatv.org/watch/charlestown-silver-creek-2019-basketball-southern-indiana-sports-productions

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

As expected, Silver Creek won big over Charlestown.  Kaufman with 22 points.  Unsure on the rebounds,  Big star of the game was Kooper Jacobi, who had 26 points and probably close to 15-18 rebounds. Jacobi has about a half-dozen D1 offers himself.

Here is a full replay of the game.  If you're looking specifically for Kaufman highlights, the first 3 minutes of the 4th quarter are your best bet,  Two dunks and an NBA 3 pointer.

https://www.ihsaatv.org/watch/charlestown-silver-creek-2019-basketball-southern-indiana-sports-productions

My poor Pirates.

Go Hoosiers!!!

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

How tall is Jacobi

35 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

How tall is Jacobi

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

6'6.  Currently has offers from mid-majors such as Indiana State, Akron, LaSalle and some others.

From a Peegs article (free) this summer. Apparently has grown an inch since then.

Kooper Jacobi - this 6-foot-5 forward from Silver Creek has terrific basketball instincts and a great skill set. A skinny frame and shorter wingspan is keeping away the high majors for now but he has multiple Missouri Valley and MAC offers already.

23 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Wonder if Old Milwaukee felt the tiniest pang of regret last night?

Maybe, maybe not......His reason may have been strictly on location and relationship with coach......Other desired recruits who didn't choose us because of selfish reasons such as our win/loss records, lack of tourney play, etc. .....Those types of player do not deserve to wear INDIANA across their chest. 

Trey with somewhere in the low 30's point-wise and about a dozen rebounds tonight as Silver Creek beat Clarksville 72-44.  About the game you would expect against a team with no one within 7-8 inches of Trey. 

The 'star' of the game though was one of the refs, and I don't mean that in a good way.  I have never in my life seen a ref that tried to make it all about him more than this guy.  This guy makes Ted Valentine seem normal.  Even the other refs seemed to tire of him as the game dragged on.  Something would happen right under the basket in front of another ref, but this guy was blowing his whistle from half-court.  And, he was just flat out bad.  In the 3rd quarter, a 5'11 Silver Creek guard charged on a fast break.  Kaufman never got past the volleyball line, but the ref called the foul on him.  How on earth do you mistake 5'11 for 6'9?  The Silver Creek bench and the crowd went nuts of course.  It would have been Kaufman's 4th, and after a conference with the other officials, he changed it to another player, but it was still the wrong one.  

43 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Painter was at Silver Creek last Tuesday to watch Trey's game against Charlestown.  The game was a mismatch, as Charlestown has no one that can match up with Trey, so I was surprised to hear he was there (I did not see him, but there is photo proof).   I also heard that Stanford had an assistant at the Silver Creek / Clarksville game on Friday.  First time I've heard of them being interested.

18 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

I’d heard Purdue was in great shape. The person I heard it from had some connections in the area but admitted he doesn’t follow recruiting at all. 

"I don't follow the NFL much, but I have ties to the area and heard the Bengals were supposed to be good this year"

Archived