Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/9/2019 at 12:07 PM, Andy06 said:

A friend of mine is a Bengals fan, and I asked him if it was true they were changing the who dey chant.  New one is all dem, all dem teams gonna beat them Bengals.

Who dey is from the old days when they only sold Hudepol beer at the Reds and Bengals games. The vendors would yell " get your cold hudies!" Sounded like who-dees.... hence "Who dey." 

That's the fun fact for the day for the youngsters.😁😁

4 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Who dey is from the old days when they only sold Hudepol beer at the Reds and Bengals games. The vendors would yell " get your cold hudies!" Sounded like who-dees.... hence "Who dey." 

Get moody with Hudy.

9 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

Little Kings > Hudepol

Cincinnati used to have awesome cheap beer.

15 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

I love Little Kings. I special ordered them when I lived in st. Louis. People laughed until they tried them. The perfect summer beer for me...and I don't drink beer!

I have tried a lot of different beers but have never had a Little Kings. I will have to search that out and give it a try!

6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I haven't had one in like 25+ years. I see some local stores have it so I may have to get some just for old times sake.

I was talking to a buddy of mine and he told me Little Kings was his first beer. Mine was Coors Light and I think that was probably the last time I had a Coors Light. I definitely will try some Little Kings!

13 hours ago, Beowulf50 said:

I have tried a lot of different beers but have never had a Little Kings. I will have to search that out and give it a try!

It's very much a Cincinnati-area thing.  Brewed originally by the Hudepohl Brewing Company, it's a cream ale whose hallmark was coming in 8-packs of 7oz bottles.   It's not up to today's (overly...IMO) high-end microbrew standards, but it's a step up taste-wise from your typical mainstream brands.  And damn tasty on a hot afternoon. 

32 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

It's very much a Cincinnati-area thing.  Brewed originally by the Hudepohl Brewing Company, it's a cream ale whose hallmark was coming in 8-packs of 7oz bottles.   It's not up to today's (overly...IMO) high-end microbrew standards, but it's a step up taste-wise from your typical mainstream brands.  And damn tasty on a hot afternoon. 

I dont know if I have had a Little King after turning 21 but had several prior. Great blast from the past 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont know if I have had a Little King after turning 21 but had several prior. Great blast from the past 

This. Can't get them in the south, and haven't heard the name in years. Watched a guy drink the better part of a case, get a mustard stain on his dad's beloved Busch Light jersey, then make us take him to a self car wash and do a pre wash, scrub, wash,  AND high pressure wax to get the mustard stain out. The stain, and memories, still remain.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

This. Can't get them in the south, and haven't heard the name in years. Watched a guy drink the better part of a case, get a mustard stain on his dad's beloved Busch Light jersey, then make us take him to a self car wash and do a pre wash, scrub, wash,  AND high pressure wax to get the mustard stain out. The stain, and memories, still remain.

Beloved....Busch Light...jersey?

That has to be a story in and of itself.

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

Beloved....Busch Light...jersey?

That has to be a story in and of itself.

It is.  Think of the movie Can't Buy Me Love where the girl spills wine on her mom's suede dress she wasn't supposed to wear.  In this case, it was an expensive baseball jersey his dad loved. Oh, and I think Trey Kaufman would've loved the jersey as well.

Archived