Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I think he was looking for factual evidence to the comment that IU was not recruiting Kaufman as hard as other schools.

@GrangerHoosier was ignoring the fact that Ostrom travelled to Sellersburg on the same day IU had a tough ROAD loss to see Trey play against the #1 ranked team in the state.  PU and UL did not have coaches at that game.  Instead, their coaches attend a game where their teams did not play that day and Silver Creek was playing a team they beat 103-47.

So, in a 6 day span, IU, UL, and PeeYew have all watched Trey play one time,  with only IU making extra effort to see him play against top competition.  But, somehow those facts have been twisted to indicate IU is not prioritizing Trey.

I call BS.

Trey has attended 5x more games in Bloomington over the last 2yrs than he has both Uof6 and PUke combined!

4 hours ago, Moyeneeded said:

Just can't fathom how some think this is a one or the other recruitment. Style of play isn't comparable. Furst is more of a true post player while Kaufman is face up beyond the arc. We need both.

I dont think either are true post players. And no this isnt a one or the other. Both could absolutely play together. Kaufman plays with a player very similar to Furst now. 

34 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Was that during JV game or at half. I would expect a full house for that one

It was in between games.  It was a mostly full house (90%), but it was a late arriving crowd.  Archie and Ostrom were elbow to elbow with some of Sellersburg's finest when it was all said and done.

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It was in between games.  It was a mostly full house (90%), but it was a late arriving crowd.  Archie and Ostrom were elbow to elbow with some of Sellersburg's finest when it was all said and done.

A little off topic, but I wonder how Archie is in those situations...I mean, both he and Ostrom are wearing IU gear, so it's not like they stole in with fake mustaches and trench coats...I'd like to see or hear about his interaction with people...

My friends parents have said Archie high fived their grandkids.  Seen pics with other children as well.

A childhood friend has a great pic with him.  Lots of positive things I have seen on facebook from my old stomping ground friends.  

46 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A little off topic, but I wonder how Archie is in those situations...I mean, both he and Ostrom are wearing IU gear, so it's not like they stole in with fake mustaches and trench coats...I'd like to see or hear about his interaction with people...

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

My friends parents have said Archie high fived their grandkids.  Seen pics with other children as well.

A childhood friend has a great pic with him.  Lots of positive things I have seen on facebook from my old stomping ground friends.  

I did not notice any specific fan interaction with Archie.  As far as other coaches, I was not at either game that Mack attended, but my son told me at one of those games, Mack high fived a lot of the student section.

Last year, two Purdue assistants sat directly in front of me.  It took all of my self control not to 'accidently' kick them or spill my drink on them.

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Per a report in a Kentucky newspaper.  Trey, not only has a 4.0 GPA. And is expected to graduate as valedictorian.

I would link the article.  But there is advertisement overlay.Which I can't get rid of it.   So I could only read part of the article.

This is true.  And Kooper Jacobi, Silver Creek's other high profile player is 2nd or 3rd academically in the class.  Both young men are as high quality off the court as they are on.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Per a report in a Kentucky newspaper.  Trey, not only has a 4.0 GPA. And is expected to graduate as valedictorian.

I would link the article.  But there is advertisement overlay.Which I can't get rid of it.   So I could only read part of the article.

So that should eliminate UK because Cal  doesn't want his players majoring in anything difficult. LOL!

Archived