Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This Barnhizer kid might be better than Wesley and Goode. 

I am completely out of the loop with him and have not had a chance to see him live or video. I will take you word on it so add him to that list. For the next 2 years we don't have to travel far to stack our recruiting classes. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think we get Duncomb but don't think he will contribute right a way. 

And that is why bigs are important to stock up on in almost every class. They take longer to develop. I mean Race is in year 3 but you see him turning a corner. Trayce is the exception (a 5* exception) so we need to constantly have that pipeline of bigs. Plus they are more foul prone and can’t log the minutes generally a guard can. Give me another big (I consider Kaufman a 3/4 kinda like a better version of Smith).

On 3/2/2020 at 8:40 AM, Billingsley99 said:

I agree. I feel that we are in a good position and decision should happen over the summer and I would say that if today was decision day I like where we are.

PS What is going on with Hauser basketball,  is a change coming

Don't really keep up with it. What's the word?

We play Trey and Silvercreek tomorrow night in the sectional championship game at Corydon Central... good chance we lose. However, lots of talk about a decision coming a couple weeks after his high school season ends. Everything that I’m hearing is very much pro IU.

Trey with 23 tonight in a 69-50 win over North Harrison.  Play Sherron Wilkerson and Madison tomorrow night for the sectional championship.  I heard a rumor Painter was in the house, but did not see him.  The place was totally packed.  A lot of late arriving Silver Creek fans had to wait for the first game to end to even get seats,  

In regards to Kaufman.  He gets the crap beat out of him every single game, but this one was probably the worst all season.  It's not so much when he's shooting, but when he tries to post and when he gets a rebound.  He rebounds and 3 guys surround him and smack away.  It never gets called.  He goes to the line a lot, but they are almost always shooting fouls.  I don't remember the last time he shot a FT on a non=shooting foul, but he gets hammered every time down the floor.

52 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Painter has a heck of track record with top 50 recruits. I’m sure PU will land him. 

Lol. I think we had a really good shot before we landed Furst but don’t think we do now. But Painter isn’t giving up which I’m cool with. I hope we end up having 3 scholarships this class versus 2. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol. I think we had a really good shot before we landed Furst but don’t think we do now. But Painter isn’t giving up which I’m cool with. I hope we end up having 3 scholarships this class versus 2. 

Any reason you don’t think he is looking at Jacobi 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Any reason you don’t think he is looking at Jacobi 

Because as things stand right now, we only have 1 scholarship left for the class.  If a player like Luke Goode still doesn’t have an offer, Jacobi won’t be someone on Purdue’s radar. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Because as things stand right now, we only have 1 scholarship left for the class and if a guy like Luke Goode still doesn’t have an offer, Jacobi isn’t on the radar. 

Isn’t that why coaches watch players though.to evaluate if they should be on the radar?

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Isn’t that why coaches watch players though.to evaluate if they should be on the radar?

Yeah but he was there tonight to watch Kaufman. It was reported on our site earlier today. I’m guessing he’s seen Jacobi enough in person to know he’s not someone they’re interested in right now. 

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

In regards to Kaufman.  He gets the crap beat out of him every single game, but this one was probably the worst all season.  It's not so much when he's shooting, but when he tries to post and when he gets a rebound.  He rebounds and 3 guys surround him and smack away.  It never gets called.  He goes to the line a lot, but they are almost always shooting fouls.  I don't remember the last time he shot a FT on a non=shooting foul, but he gets hammered every time down the floor.

This reminded me of my high school days when Washington played Floyd Central at semi-state in 1983.  Craig Neal was our statistical leader, but about 6'4" and maybe 160 pounds (they called him "Noodle" and the Georgia Tech announcers picked it up and called him "Noodles Neal" throughout his career at GT).  Anyway, Floyd Central had some redneck thugs that year...was obvious their goal was to beat the crap out of Craig.  Didn't work as Washington won anyway.  Unfortunately, they should have gotten an assist from Princeton,  a team that Washington beat by double digits during the season, because Princeton won on a last-second rebound shot that night from a kid that hadn't scored the entire game...believe his name was Kit Taylor.  At the time Washington lost, they were the highest-ranked team left in the tournament, but they played like they were gassed after winning a tough afternoon game with Floyd Central.  Here you can see Floyd Centrals goons getting ready to hack Craig on a drive...you can see he knew he was going to get smoked...again...

1980080972_FloydCentral.jpg.6ca2d71dcfc57fed7e19b211e4ad9f49.jpg

EDIT:  This is the same Craig Neal that coached with Steve Alford at New Mexico and took over the program after Steve went to UCLA...he's a tad heavier these days as metabolism caught up with him.

Archived