Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Quite the honor....as you mentioned when you say only the 5th junior ever in this state it really does mean something and 4.0 GPA in the grades department. Exactly what we want.

Edit-...who are the others besides Oden, Edwards...

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Quite the honor....as you mentioned when you say only the 5th junior ever in this state it really does mean something and 4.0 GPA in the grades department. Exactly what we want.

Edit-...who are the others besides Oden, Edwards...

Deshaun Thomas? 

11 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

He just needs to be with a better team and organization. Hornets have been a mess for years. 

Zeller is a really, really solid NBA center. He does almost everything you'd want from a center in 2020. He runs the floor extremely well, he's athletic, he can defend the perimeter well on switches, he's got good hands/finishing on the pick and roll, etc., etc. The only thing really holding him back from being an even better player, and it's been his bugaboo since even at IU, is his inability to develop a reliable mid-range to 3-pt jumper. 

If he could reliable knock down mid-range jumpers and then eventually extend his range, he'd be a legit 15/16ppg and 8rpg center. In this day and age that's almost a borderline allstar at the center position. Even going back to college, and not to rehash this, but how different is that Sweet Sixteen Syracuse game if Zeller was a threat to shoot the foul line jumper? Remember how many times he got the ball wide open at the foul line but instead of shooting he barreled into the defense and either got a charge or got his shot blocked. 

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

With Leal ,Lander,Kaufman,Geronimo and others we should have quite the  team GPA next few years...We’ll if Kaufman commits that is

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Zeller is a really, really solid NBA center. He does almost everything you'd want from a center in 2020. He runs the floor extremely well, he's athletic, he can defend the perimeter well on switches, he's got good hands/finishing on the pick and roll, etc., etc. The only thing really holding him back from being an even better player, and it's been his bugaboo since even at IU, is his inability to develop a reliable mid-range to 3-pt jumper. 

If he could reliable knock down mid-range jumpers and then eventually extend his range, he'd be a legit 15/16ppg and 8rpg center. In this day and age that's almost a borderline allstar at the center position. Even going back to college, and not to rehash this, but how different is that Sweet Sixteen Syracuse game if Zeller was a threat to shoot the foul line jumper? Remember how many times he got the ball wide open at the foul line but instead of shooting he barreled into the defense and either got a charge or got his shot blocked. 

You mean fouled and they called it a block ?  Sorry  i'm over it  I really am.

On 3/25/2020 at 7:09 PM, dgambill said:

honestly the more scouts see you play more often then not they see less and less potential. Most of the time it’s the potential that get these kids drafted and if they wait then the warts look bigger and the potential starts become reality (bad or good).

I somewhat agree with this statement if you are a fraud player!  By all means go get paid but in reality you are not a good basketball player & got by this far on pure athleticism w/ no real basketball talent!  You would rather spend 1-3 yrs for an Org to try and develop what you been missing from the start, Talent!  By all means, go get that bench $$ that will be there when you turn 22!  Go ahead & ignore the fact that an additional 2-3 yrs of becoming a man can actually enhance your game & get more $$ in the long run but I’m glad you made it!  

AAU travel circuit will be reduced if not cancelled. (Un)official visits also put on hold. Do you believe this helps IUs chances with Kaufman, hurts, or no difference?

Im in the camp who believe that recruits are now forced to rely almost exclusively on the relationships built with the coaches to dictate their eventual school choice. I like my chances with Arch and Ostrom

1 hour ago, BornHoosier said:

I somewhat agree with this statement if you are a fraud player!  By all means go get paid but in reality you are not a good basketball player & got by this far on pure athleticism w/ no real basketball talent!  You would rather spend 1-3 yrs for an Org to try and develop what you been missing from the start, Talent!  By all means, go get that bench $$ that will be there when you turn 22!  Go ahead & ignore the fact that an additional 2-3 yrs of becoming a man can actually enhance your game & get more $$ in the long run but I’m glad you made it!  

Why cant you do that in the nba? Lol

13 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

AAU travel circuit will be reduced if not cancelled. (Un)official visits also put on hold. Do you believe this helps IUs chances with Kaufman, hurts, or no difference?

Im in the camp who believe that recruits are now forced to rely almost exclusively on the relationships built with the coaches to dictate their eventual school choice. I like my chances with Arch and Ostrom

Doesn't hurt at all. He has been on campus about 10 times over the last two seasons. Not much doubt in my mind. Never was. Not close to the situation, but do live in this area about 6 miles from his school and IU is all that I have been hearing.

1 hour ago, Moyeneeded said:

Doesn't hurt at all. He has been on campus about 10 times over the last two seasons. Not much doubt in my mind. Never was. Not close to the situation, but do live in this area about 6 miles from his school and IU is all that I have been hearing.

But wait... I thought Purdue was in the lead until Furst committed? @Stlboiler23

33 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

After Furst committed is when I started seeing Purdue was in the lead. They apparently only didn't want to play together at IU. Now that IU has landed Lander, that's the one Kaufman won't play with.

I think it’s been a pretty common theme that Furst and Kaufman weren’t likely to play together regardless of which school. The whole Lander/Kaufman thing was started by Brian Snow iirc. 

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it’s been a pretty common theme that Furst and Kaufman weren’t likely to play together regardless of which school. The whole Lander/Kaufman thing was started by Brian Snow iirc. 

My point is that the Furst/Kaufman talk went away when Furst committed to PU so IU was not longer recruiting him. At that point all the chatter became that PU was leading for Kaufman totally ignoring that just a few days before they supposedly weren't going to play together. 

There was also no talk of Kaufman/Lander not playing together until after Lander committed. 

It's funny how the rumors about who Kaufman won't play with always seem to be players IU is recruiting or has landed. Rumors are just what I consider them unless they come from the player, his immediate family, or his coach.

Archived