Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The late Terry Hutchins.  I would check for updates, anything IU related on a regular basis.  One of the few things us Hoosier fanatics had to rely upon...."back in the day".

Could never believe the Indy Star let him go after years of dedicated service. Then Terry took over John Decker's Hoosier Nation on the old Scout Network.  Not a good spot for him as Scout expected him to generate more income for them, than he was able to.  So they let him go. He moved over to Btown Banners for a short period of time. Before getting back into the newspaper (and on line ) business. Where he was flourishing once again. Before his tragic auto accident.

Terry was truly a nice guy.  And like a true pro. Would only report on something until and after he had it checked out for validity.

I really liked Inside Indiana magazine at first because they covered recruiting and they usually had  a lot of articles about players we were recruiting.  It seemed like they started to cut back on that and only had a page on recruiting and that is when I stopped subscribing.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Man how I yearn for the day when a highly regarded recruit is looking for an offer from IU to finalize his decision.....

How do you know they don't?  There has been tons of top recruits that did not go to IU who were interested and went elsewhere.  We just hear about the ones we are zeroed in on.  

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

How do you know they don't?  There has been tons of top recruits that did not go to IU who were interested and went elsewhere.  We just hear about the ones we are zeroed in on.  

I think what he means is when the top recruits in the state accept almost on the spot because we are their coveted school ala UK and Duke and what we were in the late 70s-early 90s.

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Who?

23 hours ago, dgambill said:

Damon was on sports illustrated and I think everyone in the state knew who he was. That guy was living under a stone lol.

Didn't have a clue who Calbert Cheaney was when that class came in. All the talk was about how good Funderburk was going to be. 

On 4/8/2020 at 4:56 PM, The Daily Hoosier said:

There is one central figure in this recruitment that is causing Nick to overreact here, and also causing the 247 guys to misreport that there is some kind of tension between Lander and Kaufman.  IU is in as good of a spot as anyone right now.

Correct. 

4 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Another CB prediction to IU today.

Was from a non Duke insider but who knows what info they have. 

Here’s my theory on all the Duke insiders.  Maybe, just maybe, the rumor that TK is seeking a Duke offer truly has some legs.  Maybe the Duke insiders know that is not going to happen and that TK is a heavy IU lean if Duke doesn’t get involved.  What say you Hoosier fans?

On a scale of 1-5, how big is this commitment for this program?  I know nothing of this kids game except his 100 player ranking.  To read Duke or Ky mentioned, I’ve would of expected a higher ranking as that doesn’t fit their mantra.  Is he a legit must get for this program or does it have more to do with him being an Indiana kid and fear success at another school?  I’m not against 100 ranked players but can’t help to notice too many lately.

44 minutes ago, psychobat said:

Here’s my theory on all the Duke insiders.  Maybe, just maybe, the rumor that TK is seeking a Duke offer truly has some legs.  Maybe the Duke insiders know that is not going to happen and that TK is a heavy IU lean if Duke doesn’t get involved.  What say you Hoosier fans?

I don't know if it's true or not but I like that theory.

27 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

On a scale of 1-5, how big is this commitment for this program?  I know nothing of this kids game except his 100 player ranking.  To read Duke or Ky mentioned, I’ve would of expected a higher ranking as that doesn’t fit their mantra.  Is he a legit must get for this program or does it have more to do with him being an Indiana kid and fear success at another school?  I’m not against 100 ranked players but can’t help to notice too many lately.

Anybody ranked anywhere in the top 100 from southern Indiana is deemed a must get by most fans. This kids potential and ceiling are much higher than usual. Would be a big time get, and I think we will!

38 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

I was a big believer in the composite even 5 years ago. But right now there are two sites even trying to actually evaluate Rivals and 247 and Rivals is sort of phoning it in.

Hes 43rd in the 247 ranking  

37 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Anybody ranked anywhere in the top 100 from southern Indiana is deemed a must get by most fans. This kids potential and ceiling are much higher than usual. Would be a big time get, and I think we will!

Thank you Coach, that dialect tells me he is a must get & I will trust your judgment since I’m 2-3 hrs North of where all the Indiana talent seems to reside.  I feel for him not being able to showcase his talents to the Devil during this Pandemic but promise I won’t lose too much sleep over it!!!!

17 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Thank you Coach, that dialect tells me he is a must get & I will trust your judgment since I’m 2-3 hrs North of where all the Indiana talent seems to reside.  I feel for him not being able to showcase his talents to the Devil during this Pandemic but promise I won’t lose too much sleep over it!!!!

I‘ve coached TK. I expected his ranking to go up during or after AAU season. He was primed to have a great summer. I can tell you any program that gets him will be lucky and any program that misses out and has to play against him, won’t enjoy it. 

13 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

I‘ve coached TK. I expected his ranking to go up during or after AAU season. He was primed to have a great summer. I can tell you any program that gets him will be lucky and any program that misses out and has to play against him, won’t enjoy it. 

I agree he will be a good get. Curious being his coach, what’s the best and worst quality of Kaufman’s game in your mind?

17 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

I agree he will be a good get. Curious being his coach, what’s the best and worst quality of Kaufman’s game in your mind?

Most who’ve scouted him have said he’s not real explosive and he could sharpen up his ball-handling. But make no mistake, he’s a legit dude who has a very high ceiling. He has improved his perimeter skills, and has gotten stronger. He’s a very good passer and always has been. He sees the court very well for a big. His instincts are off the charts. And he’s very smart. He’s #1 in his class academically and that translates well on the court. He has had a high basketball IQ from a very young age. He asks more questions than the kids who should be asking the most questions. And he’s never satisfied. That’s just Trey. 

Archived