Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure if this is the place to put this or not but this thread is where  I feel it goes. Got a message late last night that said GREAT news coming very very soon.  Take it for what its worth 

Great NEWS it had an S that means two....lol hope this comes to fruition...it’s been what a week Or so since Duncomb...we need another commit. Let’s make it a weekly thing

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll never get tired of commits....but I always get a little ticked when they happen and I'm away from computer/phone for hours like I'm going to be today. Oh well. Sounds like we should be hearing something soon. Maybe the idea of other players in same class getting some attention made someone want to say yes sooner.

You'll survive.  I'm used to getting the news 36 seconds after Premium Subscribers and 27 seconds after people that have a Twitter account.  :coffee:

3 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Kaufman isn’t a backup plan for IU. If that’s how you took my response. I didn’t mean that. I meant he’s a backup plan for UNC. 

No, it’s all good, I wasn’t addressing that point.  I understood your point, especially since UNC hasn’t offered and have other guys of interest.  

I think I wrote that post way too fast.   I was making a general statement, agreeing with you I think.  What I was trying to say is that Archie isn’t playing games when he makes an offer.  You’re not a backup plan once you’re in offer territory.  I illustrated with the Cross/Geronimo idea.  

I also wonder if Archie has adjusted following the Brooks situation.  If a kid is too finicky despite having a ton of information based on years of communication, Archie may be trying on other guys so as not to get caught flat footed.  There is definitely a snooze, you lose concept that may come into play.  

There is always a sliding scale.  If it’s a rare talent, IU’s flexibility would probably be much higher.  

26 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

No, it’s all good, I wasn’t addressing that point.  I understood your point, especially since UNC hasn’t offered and have other guys of interest.  

I think I wrote that post way too fast.   I was making a general statement, agreeing with you I think.  What I was trying to say is that Archie isn’t playing games when he makes an offer.  You’re not a backup plan once you’re in offer territory.  I illustrated with the Cross/Geronimo idea.  

I also wonder if Archie has adjusted following the Brooks situation.  If a kid is too finicky despite having a ton of information based on years of communication, Archie may be trying on other guys so as not to get caught flat footed.  There is definitely a snooze, you lose concept that may come into play.  

There is always a sliding scale.  If it’s a rare talent, IU’s flexibility would probably be much higher.  

Yep, agreed. 

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure if this is the place to put this or not but this thread is where  I feel it goes. Got a message late last night that said GREAT news coming very very soon.  Take it for what its worth 

"Very soon", huh?  I guess I need to stay away for a day - it seems commitments break when I haven't checked in that day.....

7 hours ago, CoachSS said:

If there is going to be TK news, there's a poster on here who will know about as quickly as anyone.

I don’t know of family but one of his assistant coaches I believe has been posting so I would hope he would be in the know. That said I totally respect him keeping a distance from this thread to let Trey have his moment.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t know of family but one of his assistant coaches I believe has been posting so I would hope he would be in the know. That said I totally respect him keeping a distance from this thread to let Trey have his moment.

No someone that has coached him in the past.  

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I wonder if it's Aminu.   Now that would be a big commitment. 

Would not complain if that did happen but would rather land Kaufman first. Having a hybrid 4/3 type player that can stretch the floor is exactly what this team could use.

Having one scholarship left between Mohammed, Wesley and Longino would put some pressure on them. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Would not complain if that did happen but would rather land Kaufman first. Having a hybrid 4/3 type player that can stretch the floor is exactly what this team could use.

Having one scholarship left between Mohammed, Wesley and Longino would put some pressure on them. 

Agree our front court will be very thin at the end of this year. Definitely need to restock.

Archived