Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

Indy Sports Partizan is a member of good standing here at HSN. Give him a PM if any of you want. I am sure he won't mind giving further insight.

I don’t follow the tweeting program.  Who is he jawing against?

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm surprised Virginia took so long to offer.  My understanding is they had been showing interest as early as last summer.  

One of my sources actually talked to Coach Bennett recently and the coach flat out asked if he had any shot at TK. The response was, “it’ll be tough”, so sounds like Coach Bennett is willing to give it a shot. 

3 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

One of my sources actually talked to Coach Bennett recently and the coach flat out asked if he had any shot at TK. The response was, “it’ll be tough”, so sounds like Coach Bennett is willing to give it a shot. 

It will be interesting to see whether the lack of spring and summer AAU sessions results in fewer or greater number of offers for uncommitted players.   

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

It will be interesting to see whether the lack of spring and summer AAU sessions results in fewer or greater number of offers for uncommitted players.   

I know in IU’s case, Archie has to see them in person before even entertaining an offer. Not sure if/how that approach changes due to COVID and its impact on AAU evaluation periods. 

12 minutes ago, Moyeneeded said:

Bennett has also visited Kaufman I believe.

I'm almost certain they visited him at practice, but I don't believe any of the coaches ever came to one of his SC games.  I assume they saw him during AAU last summer.  

2 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

I know in IU’s case, Archie has to see them in person before even entertaining an offer. Not sure if/how that approach changes due to COVID and its impact on AAU evaluation periods. 

I like the discipline this policy demonstrates. This minimizes errors and sloppiness in making bad offers.  It also tells the player how important the offer is because the head coach himself is running the offer process with his own judgement.  

30 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I like the discipline this policy demonstrates. This minimizes errors and sloppiness in making bad offers.  It also tells the player how important the offer is because the head coach himself is running the offer process with his own judgement.  

Yes. Since the 2017-2018 season, an IU offer has meant something. 

23 hours ago, dgambill said:

No doubt...most civil fan board I’ve ever been on! We live in a capitalist society. There is more than one way to work in that industry and make a living. Both models can work if you are good at your job and good at providing content. I prefer the content I get here because it’s very very good and I have a daughter to Put through school and marry off someday....hopefully only once!!! And not to you lol!! No offense! 🤣

If I'm not mistaken, your daughter would have to stand in line for 5fouls....I think it may be time for him to have another divorce or two before 😛

(sorry fouls...couldn't resist. been couped up too long)

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Leal and Galloway might not be 5 star recruits but their commitments are paying dividends even before they step on the floor. I think they will have good careers for us but the guys they could be bringing with them might even surpass their impact.

You are correct they are great ambassadors for the program.  I also think they will be pivotal players on a 4 year stretch we will eventually look back on as the turning point.  I am thrilled these young men will wear candy stripes and believe they will both have great careers, maybe even etch their names in the IU record books. 

36 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Leal and Galloway might not be 5 star recruits but their commitments are paying dividends even before they step on the floor. I think they will have good careers for us but the guys they could be bringing with them might even surpass their impact.

Agree.  As I've said multiple times before, I could care less about * gazing.  Mostly a reflection of who is looking at you at the time.  Only a handful get the nomination.  Many "Diamonds in the rough"  or better stated simply unnoticed kids every year. VO an example we've had most recently.   I'm much more interested in a kids character, tenacity, coachability, and team oriented mindset(Some athletic ability a given).  I love the young men who choose IU and are expected to be here 3-4yr so we can watch them develop over time especially if they are also home grown hoosiers..  In the long run, I think they are the players that will lead us back to national prominence..  UK and Duke can have the OAD factories.  I'm only interested in college players and National. Championships.  This looks like the path CAM has us on and I'm really hoping it comes to fruition.

4 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

Agree.  As I've said multiple times before, I could care less about * gazing.  Mostly a reflection of who is looking at you at the time.  Only a handful get the nomination.  Many "Diamonds in the rough"  or better stated simply unnoticed kids every year. VO an example we've had most recently.   I'm much more interested in a kids character, tenacity, coachability, and team oriented mindset(Some athletic ability a given).  I love the young men who choose IU and are expected to be here 3-4yr so we can watch them develop over time especially if they are also home grown hoosiers..  In the long run, I think they are the players that will lead us back to national prominence..  UK and Duke can have the OAD factories.  I'm only interested in college players and National. Championships.  This looks like the path CAM has us on and I'm really hoping it comes to fruition.

I think CAM is balancing the classes well, he is recruiting 5-star level players, and we just had 3 years of Mr Basketballs, but he’s also building a team on kids across classes with strong work ethics, dedication to D, a track record of winning and tenacity. And he’s getting balance now across positions. The direction looks good 

24 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Has TK ever mentioned a time frame for his decision? Aside from the "imminent" rumor from weeks ago. I should add that did not come from TK.

I listened to an interview he did a couple days ago, said he didn’t have a time frame but would commit when he knew the right fit. 

Archived