Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

As for myself, I don’t really post for the hell of it. If I hear anything I like to pass it along, that’s all. I’m not active on Twitter(I have one but I don’t post anything), so I’m not trying to get followers or anything. 

I don’t post often. I do when I think people on here would find it useful or entertaining. I don’t think I’ve ever said I’m some kind of insider or have these super sources. From time to time I do though. I’m fairly young and know several people in the IHSAA world. 

I wasn’t citing you. I was responding to Indy Sports Partizan’s tweet from last week in the form of breaking news that said Kaufman’s commitment to IU was imminent. That’s entirely different than speculating on a message board that Kaufman’s nearing a decision day. 

I think this is going over a lot of people’s heads.

Well, seems to me like all the people who I think generally have some connections (and I trust the info they share) are all hearing and saying the same stuff.  So either they all have the same wrong source or maybe we are getting some good news soon.  Recruiting is basically basketball gossip, we have some good gossip spreaders on this site (as in, they are right enough of the time to keep paying attention to them.)

People just need to relax and enjoy the commitment ride we are on. Kaufman isn’t reclassifying so him committing in a week instead of a day who cares. People post stuff that isn’t exactly right all the time. If people don’t like that he didn’t commit imminently and is doing it in a week then ignore the person who posted it. The butt hurt people who complain are the ones who drive the insiders away and then this site goes away. Whether people like it or not this site goes as the insiders go. I’m not a packers fan but in the words of Aaron Rodgers - R - E - L - A - X

13 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

People just need to relax and enjoy the commitment ride we are on. Kaufman isn’t reclassifying so him committing in a week instead of a day who cares. People post stuff that isn’t exactly right all the time. If people don’t like that he didn’t commit imminently and is doing it in a week then ignore the person who posted it. The butt hurt people who complain are the ones who drive the insiders away and then this site goes away. Whether people like it or not this site goes as the insiders go. I’m not a packers fan but in the words of Aaron Rodgers - R - E - L - A - X

I can't R-E-L-A-X cause I'm

Image result for butt hurt emoji

13 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Who is actually butt hurt? By pointing out that it's irresponsible to tweet out that a commitment is imminent. Imminent is completely used out of context. Speculating or giving the inclination that Kaufman may be close to a time frame of committing is entirely different. I wish everyone understood that.

Look Indy Sports Partizan is a good follow on twitter and definitely has sources that provide reliable info. But, if I recall correctly that twitter account was also the smoke behind "Billy Donovan to IU deal in place" back in 2017. We all know how that turned out. The day he tweeted Kaufman's commitment was imminent he doubled down and said it'd be "days, not weeks". He's since changed his stance and backpedalled on his use of the word imminent citing it could be a period of time. 

Kaufman may very well end up committing to IU here in the next few weeks and honestly I feel we are the front runner. But by then the original tweet becomes irrelevant, it's no different than anyone else speculating or guessing at that point.

6 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Who is actually butt hurt? By pointing out that it's irresponsible to tweet out that a commitment is imminent. Imminent is completely used out of context. Speculating or giving the inclination that Kaufman may be close to a time frame of committing is entirely different. I wish everyone understood that.

Look Indy Sports Partizan is a good follow on twitter and definitely has sources that provide reliable info. But, if I recall correctly that twitter account was also the smoke behind "Billy Donovan to IU deal in place" back in 2017. We all know how that turned out. The day he tweeted Kaufman's commitment was imminent he doubled down and said it'd be "days, not weeks". He's since changed his stance and backpedalled on his use of the word imminent citing it could be a period of time. 

Kaufman may very well end up committing to IU here in the next few weeks and honestly I feel we are the front runner. But by then the original tweet becomes irrelevant, it's no different than anyone else speculating or guessing at that point.

You taking the tweeting WAY too seriously.  

20 minutes ago, BDB said:

You taking the tweeting WAY too seriously.  

Agreed. I mean he did say it was second hand info so you have to take it with a grain of salt. It’s also recruiting, kids change their minds all the time. 

At the end of the day, people on here are sharing info that they could keep to themselves and giving it to us for free. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal, if you ask me. 

If you’re getting too emotionally invested in rumors then just follow the recruit(s) on their social media platforms and wait for them to share their own info. 

46 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

You should probably stop following ISP.  His use of imminent will undoubtedly lead you to an ulcer

15 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Agreed. I mean he did say it was second hand info so you have to take it with a grain of salt. It’s also recruiting, kids change their minds all the time. 

At the end of the day, people on here are sharing info that they could keep to themselves and giving it to us for free. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal, if you ask me. 

If you’re getting too emotionally invested in rumors then just follow the recruit(s) on their social media platforms and wait for them to share their own info. 

He also explained what he felt imminent meant. So if his interpretation of imminent is different then is it wrong?

Several people seem to be getting the same info. 3 of which I trust very much when the share. I too believe it is imminent.  I have said and still believe it could happen in April if not 1st week of May. Does that mean it will happen,  not at all.  As of 12:25 PM on April 29th I believe the TK will commit to IU in next few days. If I am wrong who cares. As long as he becomes a Hoosier I dont care when he announces 

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Several people seem to be getting the same info. 3 of which I trust very much when the share. I too believe it is imminent.  I have said and still believe it could happen in April if not 1st week of May. Does that mean it will happen,  not at all.  As of 12:25 PM on April 29th I believe the TK will commit to IU in next few days. If I am wrong who cares. As long as he becomes a Hoosier I dont care when he announces 

I predict a commitment on Friday.  Just because.

8 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who heard TK will announce at the local 31 Flavors tomorrow night.  I guess it’s pretty serious.

That’s why I won’t join a subscription site. Why pay when I can get insider intel like this here for free

On 4/30/2020 at 12:58 AM, iuthruandthru said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who heard TK will announce at the local 31 Flavors tomorrow night.  I guess it’s pretty serious.

Well my son and I drove down here from Indy, no sign of trey yet but we will enjoy our butter pecan double scoops until we can post an update!

Archived