Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Eerily quiet.

Just in case you did not see/receive my e-mail message.  Thanks very much for the receipe from your girlfriend.  We have printed it. And will be making it later this month.

Take care, my friend. Stay safe. And pass along a thank you to your GF. 

On 4/29/2020 at 10:51 AM, 13th&Jackson said:

I like in the wind.  Who here remembers when I posted that in terms of De'Ron Davis.... the winds were blowing towards Indiana, before he chose IU ?

On 4/27/2020 at 11:44 PM, The Daily Hoosier said:

Just because he says "when the time is right" doesn't mean he hasn't already pretty much already decided.  He just doesn't feel rushed.  He is not working on our time table.   I can remember TJD, Galloway and Leal all saying similar things late when they had already decided. 

TJD is a BornHoosier, I don't get the same sense with Trey but that doesn't mean he can't become a BornHoosier!!!  Either you are or your NOT!!!

I'm just going to say in the spirit of TK. Either an announcement is coming within the next 3-4 days because the usual channels are absolutely stone cold silent allowing the kid to have his moment....or TK is going elsewhere and no one wants to say it. Just my 2 cents after following recruiting for a few decades. When I see normal channels either say no comment or no one saying a thing has to be one or the other, right?

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I'm just going to say in the spirit of TK. Either an announcement is coming within the next 3-4 days because the usual channels are absolutely stone cold silent allowing the kid to have his moment....or TK is going elsewhere and no one wants to say it. Just my 2 cents after following recruiting for a few decades. When I see normal channels either say no comment or no one saying a thing has to be one or the other, right?

Or he is home with family during  slow pandemic period.   Lol

Breathe man!  ;)

I read somewhere that 2021 commits were way up from this time last year because Covid 19 was making everyone uneasy and kids were committing early because of the uncertainty.  I don't remember the exact percentage but I believe prior years less than 10% of kids had committed at this point.

What I am trying to say is that it is not unusual at all for recruits to be uncommitted at this point and TK is no exception.  Let this run its course without over-analyzing it. 

Romeo did not commit until after his senior year. As Gatorade player of the year as junior, which is something even Romeo did not do, TK has options, and does not have to make a quick commitment.

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Or he is home with family during  slow pandemic period.   Lol

Breathe man!  ;)

I'm cool and down with anything. Plenty of pandemic commits that aren't going to change between now and July in terms of saying the pandemic is the reason for delay. The fact that AAU is kicking back up again later this month might be a tell. Maybe someone wants to play again and shoot up the rankings for a higher offer?

Time will I guess....but when plenty go radio silent....it means something. Again good or bad but something is up. 

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I read somewhere that 2021 commits were way up from this time last year because Covid 19 was making everyone uneasy and kids were committing early because of the uncertainty.  I don't remember the exact percentage but I believe prior years less than 10% of kids had committed at this point.

What I am trying to say is that it is not unusual at all for recruits to be uncommitted at this point and TK is no exception.  Let this run its course without over-analyzing it. 

Romeo did not commit until after his senior year. As Gatorade player of the year as junior, which is something even Romeo did not do, TK has options, and does not have to make a quick commitment.

I think RoadtoZion sayings late April and early May has people wanting it right now. These things are going to be pretty fluid, we should all know that. Zion still could be right on but if things draw out a little its not necessarily the end of the world.

38 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

A reminder he isn't committing to Indiana anytime soon. And, that has been the case for months and months. 

So much for that "imminent commitment" that a few have been clamoring for the last 3 weeks.

I still think he's ultimately going to end up at IU but still enjoying the process. Mason Miller's recruitment is heating up and Archie is taking a hard look at Lawson. I think that's a sign that there is still some work to do.

6 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I will say this. If UK tries getting in the picture, things will get interesting, unfortunately. 

Interesting.  I don't see Trey as a 1 and done, and I don't think he sees himself that way.  Cal still prefers his recruits to leave after 1 year.

Archived