Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

17 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I will say this. If UK tries getting in the picture, things will get interesting, unfortunately. 

I'm surprised they haven't offered already.   Cal is probably going to wait until the last minute and steal another just like Ketchup boy.  Archie better have a backup. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm surprised they haven't offered already.   Cal is probably going to wait until the last minute and steal another just like Ketchup boy.  Archie better have a backup. 

I don't know where Trey will commit, but I can say for certainty that his recruitment will be nothing like the recruitment of Keion Brooks.  

54 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Archie is recruiting a similar player that is also highly ranked who IU appears to be in his final 3. So he clearly has a backup plan.

So while those guys can play together and I'm sure Archie is trying to land both, Mason Miller very clearly appears to be a good get if with Kauffman or in place of Kauffman. 

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

For those that are concerned about UK and Trey, explain to me why you feel that way.  On the surface, that would be a 'marriage' of total opposites.  

Nostalgia. Don’t know of many 18 year olds with NBA aspirations who wouldn’t be intrigued by an offer from Kentucky. Usually when Kentucky comes calling, you at least listen. Whether or not UK could make up ground work is one thing, but I definitely wouldn’t feel easy if Kentucky extended an offer to Kaufman.

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

For those that are concerned about UK and Trey, explain to me why you feel that way.  On the surface, that would be a 'marriage' of total opposites.  

Its not if Trey wants to go to Kentucky, its if Kentucky wants Trey..and if they do it would spell trouble for IU...lots of kids are fooled into UK and all the NBA talk..some learn after a year or 2 then bolt others stay and drink the koolaid 

8 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Its not if Trey wants to go to Kentucky, its if Kentucky wants Trey..and if they do it would spell trouble for IU...lots of kids are fooled into UK and all the NBA talk..some learn after a year or 2 then bolt others stay and drink the koolaid 

I think Trey is to smart to fall for Cal's sales pitch.  Trey seems to care about academics a lot and Call probably does not care about it.

I think TK would be very appreciative of a UK offer, but I also think he’d be smart enough to understand whether UK gets him on the floor the quickest. We’ve seen how UK recruits. It’s rare for them not to get a fresh cop of 4-5 of the nation’s top 20 HS talent. TK could compete against that level, but he wouldn’t be an immediate impact player. He’d be more impactful, earlier, at a Purdue or IU. 

My feeling is if he doesn't want to come to IU I wish him well! IU is about to be a national title contender year in and year out REAL SOON if you want to go to Duke Kentucky PU GO!!! We want young men who want to be HOOSIERS!!! We want these young men here that want to bring the 6th banner!!! They will be legends  in this state for their entire lives !!! In IU AND CAM I TRUST FOR BANNER 6!!

I’ll say this...TK is no one and done. I personally think he’s a 3-4 year (earn a degree, academics) player. I don’t think UK’s pitch would be even be that impactful for a player of his mold. I doubt his goal is to get to the league as quickly as possible. Just my opinion. I’d be more wary of Louisville here. 

32 minutes ago, loviubb said:

My feeling is if he doesn't want to come to IU I wish him well! IU is about to be a national title contender year in and year out REAL SOON if you want to go to Duke Kentucky PU GO!!! We want young men who want to be HOOSIERS!!! We want these young men here that want to bring the 6th banner!!! They will be legends  in this state for their entire lives !!! In IU AND CAM I TRUST FOR BANNER 6!!

Let's not jump to a conclusion that he doesn't want to come to IU just because he has not committed yet.  History says that less than 10% of junior BB players are committed at this point.  Why we we demand that TK be different?

6 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I’ll say this...TK is no one and done. I personally think he’s a 3-4 year (earn a degree, academics) player. I don’t think UK’s pitch would be even be that impactful for a player of his mold. I doubt his goal is to get to the league as quickly as possible. Just my opinion. I’d be more wary of Louisville here. 

Exactly.  UK's culture would appear to be the opposite of what TK would be looking for in a college experience.  

46 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Yeah...this is REALLY helpful.  What a maroon.

24 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I would think he is to smart to get caught up in the UL mess.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would think he is to smart to get caught up in the UL mess.

Let’s just say, UofL hasn’t done a bang-up job with his recruitment. He did grow up a UofL fan, but honestly if his Top 4 are still IU, Purdue, UofL, and Xavier...I’d say UofL is 3rd or 4th right now. 

32 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

And I don’t think he’s a OAD either. Never have. He’s clearly a 3-4 year player. But I do think he’s got his sights set on a future in the league. He’s smart enough and disciplined enough to be a “3 and done” player, like Oladipo. Meaning, finish the degree in 3 years and start exploring a pro career. 

Archived