Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

I’ve got a good source that told me this evening it’s not a two horse race...yet. It could get there at some point, but it’s not right now. 

Yet....but could be?? What are we waiting on?? Money!???? Money aside you know where you fit and where you don’t!!

9 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

I’ve got a good source that told me this evening it’s not a two horse race...yet. It could get there at some point, but it’s not right now. 

So, it’s a one horse race and they have a big lead nearing the final lap?

10 hours ago, goonaha said:

Wait, I'm confused. I thought if he didn't commit on the spot then he's not a "BornHoosier"

Yes, something this old school BornHoosier is struggling to deal with but must adapt to the times goonaha!  Part of my rethinking is none of these kids were even born during our Glory yrs so I can't fault them for holding out for some National attention!  I dream about a future where young Hoosiers once again are "BornHoosiers" but it will take CAM to get us back to the Glory days no doubt.  Back to Back to Back 5 star recruitment's from Instate talent is a major step in the right direction but its time this STAFF does something with this Elite Talent before these High Profile players start to rethink!  Romeo didn't have the supporting cast and neither did TJD!  CAM got a gift that TJD returned and with the addition of 5 star Lander this roster is finally built to dance on the National Level!  The better the success, the better this State's younger Generation once again becomes "BornHoosiers"!  Will Trey make it 4 for CAM and Staff?  All depends on how much heart is "BornHoosier" to defend off the enemy!

1 hour ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Appreciate your input. Never, ever forget the Jared Jeffries rule.  Any thing can happen. Even over night.

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Appreciate your input. Never, ever forget the Jared Jeffries rule.  Any thing can happen. Even over night.

If this guy is who I think...His info is prime grade A. For this recruitment, no one on this board is as close to it as him. Pay attention!!

2 hours ago, Beowulf50 said:

Yet....but could be?? What are we waiting on?? Money!???? Money aside you know where you fit and where you don’t!!

If I misread this, I apologize.  But implying a kid with the level of integrity that Trey might be holding out for money is not an approach that will endear him to a fan base.  I truly hope we, as a fan base, don't go all crazy with this recruitment and blow it.  

On the second piece of your post, Covid-19 has changed the game for recruits as far as determining a good fit.  The Virginia offer came after Coronavirus.  Yes, he knows the coaches.  They've visited him at Silver Creek.  Yes, he knows the style they play.  He likely knows what academic opportunities the school provides.  But, he's not yet been to the campus.  So, he doesn't fully know 'the fit' as you called it.

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If I misread this, I apologize.  But implying a kid with the level of integrity that Trey might be holding out for money is not an approach that will endear him to a fan base.  I truly hope we, as a fan base, don't go all crazy with this recruitment and blow it.  

On the second piece of your post, Covid-19 has changed the game for recruits as far as determining a good fit.  The Virginia offer came after Coronavirus.  Yes, he knows the coaches.  They've visited him at Silver Creek.  Yes, he knows the style they play.  He likely knows what academic opportunities the school provides.  But, he's not yet been to the campus.  So, he doesn't fully know 'the fit' as you called it.

Trey might just be the most important recruit in the CAM era so expect this fanbase to go all crazy until he picks the candy stripes!  25.8 points, 9.6 rebounds, 2.9 assists, 1.6 blocks and 1.1 steals as a JR, WOW!!!!  I hate how COVID-19 has impacted the World but it very well could be a major factor in IU landing their 4th straight Indiana player of the yr commit as an official visit to Virginia or Louisville may not be available!  Could an instate 5 star talent actually turn down what CAM is building w/o visiting the other school?  Seems very unlikely but you never know.

5 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Do you mean it is currently a one horse race....IU?

Or do you mean there are numerous possible contenders and he has not really whittled it down to two?

Sorry, got busy last night. Saw several asking for clarification on my two horse race post. To clarify, not a one horse race. 

What’s taking so long?  It’s a big decision and Trey is doing the right thing by making sure he’s hearing everyone and everything to make a sound decision. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn’t mean he can’t feel better about one over the others. 

And I can assure everyone here, this is not a money play. It’s just not. Everyone can sleep well at night knowing that. 

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I hope he and his family have that level of integrity that you speak of! That’s awesome if so!! I would love  to have another Trey at IU!!

On 5/28/2020 at 9:08 PM, BornHoosier said:

Trey might just be the most important recruit in the CAM era so expect this fanbase to go all crazy until he picks the candy stripes!  25.8 points, 9.6 rebounds, 2.9 assists, 1.6 blocks and 1.1 steals as a JR, WOW!!!!  I hate how COVID-19 has impacted the World but it very well could be a major factor in IU landing their 4th straight Indiana player of the yr commit as an official visit to Virginia or Louisville may not be available!  Could an instate 5 star talent actually turn down what CAM is building w/o visiting the other school?  Seems very unlikely but you never know.

Romeo, TJD, Lander. Calling this kid the most important recruit? He’s outstanding, but all of those 3 are extremely important to the building of the program under CAM. It seems every year a kid is the most important ever lol. 

28 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Romeo, TJD, Lander. Calling this kid the most important recruit? He’s outstanding, but all of those 3 are extremely important to the building of the program under CAM. It seems every year a kid is the most important ever lol. 

If Trayce stays a 3rd year I think it would be tough to ever take the title from him tbh. 

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not doubting hoosierfan34's source.  However, my source is still insisting it is a two horse race. 

I think that makes total sense. Virginia is a great school and beautiful campus and coach seems to be a nice man too. Could see the attraction for sure. Hopefully in the end playing close to home near family for a team full of guys he knows and trust will win him over. Never hurts to have a rapport with you teammates...IU should feel like home for him. That said some kids want to get out and experience the world. Hopefully Trey recognizes in a world of uncertainty with Covid etc being close to home and around people he can trust and knows will comfort him and put us over the top. If I had to make a choice I don’t think traveling across country to play someplace unfamiliar would be at the top of my lists...

Archived