Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

@dgambill, did I miss a top 10 list from Kaufman?  Maybe I did...don't recall one.

IMO, there's a difference tweeting out offers and promoting an upcoming top 10 list.  To me, the first is a routine and polite acknowledgement of teams showing interest while the 2nd is an effort to build the hype train.  They're entitled, but I view it as an effort to promote a non-event.  Yay...this recruit will still take calls from IU coaches and 9 other staffs.

It’s all good. It doesn’t bother me one way or another. It’s a non-event for me too...but then again I’m a middle aged non-twitter/social media using adult. What kids like to do and especially social media followers like and do doesn’t make much sense to me but more power to them...it’s fun for them and makes them happy. I don’t have a lot in common with any of these kids and don’t begrudge them a thing. I simply don’t care much about that sort of stuff..simply because I understand I don’t relate to them...and that’s not a bad thing. In realizing I don’t relate I also realize I don’t need to judge because I don’t understand them lol. So if a kid does or doesn’t make a list or have an announcement party etc means no difference to me. I look at the things I do understand...their leadership, academics, work ethic, and on court performance and base my judgements on those things. The rest is just ancillary stuff imo and isn’t a big deal for me to argue one kid over another.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8d35f769dfabd0fd37c572b643eb8f32.jpeg

It's a photo of my interior.  I see this everyday on my way to/from work.  I am personally picking up TK later this week so he can sign his letter of intent, then we are heading to beautiful Lake Monroe to celebrate. :nansplit:

Serious note, my assumption is we are in the drivers seat and it should be anytime.  Again just an assumption here. 

12 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

So, obviously it was bad intel w/ the early signing. However, this is another one that I would be shocked if we didn't land.

Give me a class of Duncomb, Kaufman, and Wesley. Miller I could see popping also.

I still don't have a clue what Aminu's deal is.  Would I take him, yes. But...I've never liked guardians paving the way for a player. He's a great player and seems like a great kid, but give me Wesley 9 times out of 10. 

No worries on the bad intel, always appreciate when people bring info they are getting to this board! 

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

So, obviously it was bad intel w/ the early signing. However, this is another one that I would be shocked if we didn't land.

Give me a class of Duncomb, Kaufman, and Wesley. Miller I could see popping also.

I still don't have a clue what Aminu's deal is.  Would I take him, yes. But...I've never liked guardians paving the way for a player. He's a great player and seems like a great kid, but give me Wesley 9 times out of 10. 

Your bad Intel was the same that I was hearing and over the years I know the when you speak I listen. I think we do land TK and I am very excited about that

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Agreed with your accessment. I’d take your list in a heart beat. I would be more excited to hear about another true center on our radar but maybe Archie is ok playing small if he has shooters/scorers as opposed to what we’ve had past couple years. 

As for time frame goes...whose appointment book/calendar has looked the same during this whole pandemic?! I mean everything has been delayed or thrown up in the air due to all this. Heck I don’t even know if my dinner reservation is still on this evening much less a kid being able to make a decision on school when he can’t even take the visits he thought he would.

11 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Duncomb, Kaufman and Wesley would be a big time success in my eyes. If Miller joins, more icing on the cake. 

I still think we really need both Kaufman and Miller or one of them and a grad transfer like Brunk.  I'll be stunned if Trayce is here 3 years.

20 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I still think we really need both Kaufman and Miller or one of them and a grad transfer like Brunk.  I'll be stunned if Trayce is here 3 years.

Hmm idk.  Depends how good the gt is.. 

What if he is MB 6th man of the year good? To go along with TK, LD, JH (spot mins), and RT. 

I dont think it's perfect, but I think it's workable. 

TK might get to campus at 6'9 230 and LD 6'10 240 with both playing major aau and major HS basketball.  🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We should be pretty attractive to a good front court player next year. 

17 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

Are you hearing good things on the Wesley recruitment right now?

Archived