Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Very true. One of them live in my house. Partying was not for him but really enjoyed college and baseball. 

I assume the thing is what is your priority and do you let the social life come before your education and team.  Also you need to do things in moderation and keep your priorities straight.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I don’t claim to be an expert but it seems to me to be about time management.  You can thrive if you dole out your time productively.  Also, please keep in mind that the players can pick up, what 15 or so hours each summer?  That can spread the academic burden out considerably.  Correct me if I am wrong, but they can get tutors, study time, etc.  Plus, I thought I heard he was a straight A student?   I’m just saying he’s got a lot of levers he can pull if he wants to do it.  

9 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

New 247 rankings came out, Trey is ranked #40. 

Mason Miller 52.
Trey Patterson 53. 

I have steadfastly liked Kaufman over Patterson so I was happy to see that.  

Others

Aminu 16  

Longino 32.

Furst 34

Duncomb 78

Carter Whitt 81

Lesmond 87

Wesley 100

Barnhizer 139

Goode 150

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Mason Miller 52.
Trey Patterson 53. 

Others

Aminu 16  

Longino 32.

Furst 34

Duncomb 78

Carter Whitt 81

Lesmond 87

Wesley 100

Barnhizer 139

Goode 150

Thanks for the update!

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Mason Miller 52.
Trey Patterson 53. 

Others

Aminu 16  

Longino 32.

Furst 34

Duncomb 78

Carter Whitt 81

Lesmond 87

Wesley 100

Barnhizer 139

Goode 150

Goode down to 150 says something. 

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  Don't commit to Illinois?

Yep and I know some have a connection to the kid so I don't want to say anything other than I trust our coaches opinions. Underwood's eagerness to get an Indiana kid (because somehow he thinks it means something)  might just end up in another transfer in a year or two. 

5 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Mason Miller 52.
Trey Patterson 53. 

Others

Aminu 16  

Longino 32.

Furst 34

Duncomb 78

Carter Whitt 81

Lesmond 87

Wesley 100

Barnhizer 139

Goode 150

😔 I hope this doesn't bite us

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just because you were more interested in partying over other stuff does not mean everyone thinks that way.  Remember Isaiah saying this about Landon Turner you can be an athlete and a student or you can have fun but you can't do both.

Come on, man...that comment was just for fun.  Nothing wrong with enjoying the company of beautiful girls and going to a few parties.  Some kids can juggle school, athletics and a healthy social life and do well in all aspects.  I see nothing wrong with a few B's combined with a life outside of books.  The best philosophy paper I ever wrote was written after several adult beverages.  I didn't make a habit of it, but on occasion, there's nothing wrong with having some fun.  Most of the 4.0 students I knew were boring and one-dimensional.

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Come on, man...that comment was just for fun.  Nothing wrong with enjoying the company of beautiful girls and going to a few parties.  Some kids can juggle school, athletics and a healthy social life and do well in all aspects.  I see nothing wrong with a few B's combined with a life outside of books.  The best philosophy paper I ever wrote was written after several adult beverages.  I didn't make a habit of it, but on occasion, there's nothing wrong with having some fun.  Most of the 4.0 students I knew were boring and one-dimensional.

My dad had a problem when I carried a 1.89 into 2nd semester of my FR year. 

But I wouldn't trade that first semester away for ANYTHING. 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

From that show it appeared that Landon was letting the partying interfere with both school and athletics.  Landon said there were times he was supposed to be in class or studying that a friend would call him to go to a party and he would go.  It was no coincidence that once he got serious about basketball that was when the 81 team took off.

Just now, IU Scott said:

From that show it appeared that Landon was letting the partying interfere with both school and athletics.  Landon said there were times he was supposed to be in class or studying that a friend would call him to go to a party and he would go.  It was no coincidence that once he got serious about basketball that was when the 81 team took off.

I hear you.  You can let it get out of hand, but a balanced diet is OK in my book as long as you take care of business.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

My dad had a problem when I carried a 1.89 into 2nd semester of my FR year. 

But I wouldn't trade that first semester away for ANYTHING. 😂😂😂

I'm guessing those numbers improved after your initial...exuberance. 

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  Don't commit to Illinois?

Ahh basically don’t commit early...there is no juice for readers for a kid in the mid 100s already committed. Analyst know what gets clicks and a kid already locked up doesn’t....unless he is to a highly rated blue blood school. It’s on to the next kid to bring attention and the next fan base.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

You can do that the rest of your life. There is a finite amount of time that you can play a sport on this high a level. There is also a limited amount of time that you can make it possible to finance the rest of your life by playing a sport. The parties and the ladies will always be there, youth and this opportunity will not.

1 hour ago, Hoosier76 said:

You can do that the rest of your life. There is a finite amount of time that you can play a sport on this high a level. There is also a limited amount of time that you can make it possible to finance the rest of your life by playing a sport. The parties and the ladies will always be there, youth and this opportunity will not.

I'll bet you were a 4.0 student in college.

I wasn't, but I enjoyed myself and am doing fine today.  No regrets.

You're telling 18-22 year old kids to make college a 24/7 job. Not realistic.

5ab80b7731e4a_Lightenup.jpg.486a58d468788fd7bd0f9d01b849d2a0.jpg

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I hear you.  You can let it get out of hand, but a balanced diet is OK in my book as long as you take care of business.

In high school I was a prude but in college I had a very unbalanced diet of not studying and doing some pretty wild things. And still graduated with a biology degree. But I didnt play college sports so I had the luxury of being a fool. 

Archived